Post your 1/2A pics #2 - Page 48 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Bud Morrison, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 05, 2013, 01:31 PM
Go ARMY! Beat Navy.

First Post 1/2A pics

Hi Everyone, this is my first post. After many years away I am getting back into the hobby. Having read some of the post in different forums.....seems I have a bit of catching up to do........what do you mean my kraft 3 channel with a brick is outdated
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2013, 03:24 PM
Old Submariner

Welcome Back

Hi Dave:

Welcome back to our great hobby. I have been in the hobby for well over 65 years with a hiatus here and there to serve my country and raise a family so I know how coming back feels.

Your birds look great. I had a Logitrol (Red Box) with a brick, for it's time it was great.

Tom
Last edited by teeceeveecee; Jan 07, 2013 at 06:09 AM.
Jan 05, 2013, 11:32 PM
Welcome to RCG Dave. That Pacer is a beauty. She looks really fast.
Jan 08, 2013, 02:51 AM
my first build, its a Pica P-51D powered by a OS .10. just need to sort out the CG I should be able to maiden it this weekend.
Jan 12, 2013, 09:45 AM
Here's a couple of pics:

A Kadetito powered by a Norvel .074:

And my recent Miss Cosmic Wind build w/Norvel .061 for power:

These are the only 1/2A planes I have (and I know both don't technically qualify due to size and/or engine size)...but I'm becoming addicted to these little planes. Just received a Herr AT-6. Still deciding whether I'll be doing another Norvel or an electric power setup on that one, though.
Feb 18, 2013, 02:04 AM
Go ARMY! Beat Navy.
GLH II ready for first flight. Time to start another one.
Sirzeppu, that's a great looking Cosmic Wind. Is that a scratch build? If so can you tell me where you got that canopy? I have a set of plans for that and it is definatley on the "to build" llist.
Feb 18, 2013, 06:14 AM
Great looking model, think I'll build myself one too
Feb 18, 2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirzeppu
Here's a couple of pics:

A Kadetito powered by a Norvel .074:

And my recent Miss Cosmic Wind build w/Norvel .061 for power:

These are the only 1/2A planes I have (and I know both don't technically qualify due to size and/or engine size)...but I'm becoming addicted to these little planes. Just received a Herr AT-6. Still deciding whether I'll be doing another Norvel or an electric power setup on that one, though.
Nice models! I love small planes...my next build will be a 42 inch full body twin with two thunder tiger .07...should be a blast!

Joel
Feb 18, 2013, 03:52 PM
Dave Craig,
Are you aware of a vintage fly in that will be held in Julian in May? Your plane would fit in. There will likely be quite a few 1/2a guys there.
Feb 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
Go ARMY! Beat Navy.
Vic,
No, but it sounds like fun to me. Where can I find out the details and where is Jullian?
Feb 18, 2013, 08:14 PM
Just a little south of Greensboro. Look up Old Julian Airport.
I'll send you a flyer when I get one.
Feb 18, 2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Craig
GLH II ready for first flight. Time to start another one.
Sirzeppu, that's a great looking Cosmic Wind. Is that a scratch build? If so can you tell me where you got that canopy? I have a set of plans for that and it is definatley on the "to build" llist.
It is a scratch up...I used the specified canopy from Sig...www.sigmfg.com.
Feb 19, 2013, 02:37 AM
Go ARMY! Beat Navy.
Vic, thanks I'll look forward to it. sirzeppu, thanks I found the sig canopy now its time to go back to the building board, this will be my first scratch
Feb 19, 2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Craig
Vic, thanks I'll look forward to it. sirzeppu, thanks I found the sig canopy now its time to go back to the building board, this will be my first scratch
The Miss Cosmic Wind is a fun plane! You'll enjoy it.
Mar 29, 2013, 02:55 PM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
has anyone ever built or flow planes from FMK models?