Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Bud Morrison, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by coriolan
"Unnecessary Necessity"

J3 Cub Balsa/Ply EP 1190mm (ARF)

Picture in question.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by ractsaf

Mini Balsa Stick

Here is my 37" Mini Balsa Stick with a Thunder Tiger .07...Flys Very Good & lots of FUN!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by bgnome
made of fire and pop rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
Picture in question.
This solves the mystery of what and where that piper cub I have came from.

One of the regulars from the Breweries pub moved cross country and gave it to me.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:31 PM
Find More Posts by boingk
I've got a kit of that Cub lying around, too, and a Norvel .06 clone... looks like I found my next project!

How does she fly with that setup, anyway?

Ractsaf - very nice Stick there, lookin' sharp in my favourite colours! Sure she flies well.

Cheers - boingk
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by Chap

Simple 400

While waiting for some parts for the Super Pacer, I decided to finish a Simple 400 I had started years ago. I flew it last Saturday, flies very well. Has an Esskay 400XT outrunner, a 1300 3S battery and rudder.
Chap
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:53 AM
Find More Posts by forsakenrider
Now throw a hot .061 on the nose and you're in business chap ;-)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by Tee Bee
Looks great, Chap! I flew my Cox powered Simple 400 clone several times this morning. They are great sport planes.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by Chap

simple 400

The reason I shelved the build for a dozen years was originally I built the fuselage around a Cox .09. I had the idea of having the fastest 1/2a in Indiana. As my reflexes have slowed with age, I decided to put it back to electric. It is a nice sport flier. I have given the model to my son who really enjoys electrics. I like nitro, fuel it fly it, no need to charge batteries. I still have the original plans if anyone is interested.

Chap
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by ithia
This is my Her Piper Cherokee. It's been modified to be four channel and run a Enya .09 iv.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Looks good! I still have a Herr Starcruiser kit sitting in the attic, one of these days I'll get to it.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by cale10
AMA Another Mans Airplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomber View Post
Looks good! I still have a Herr Starcruiser kit sitting in the attic, one of these days I'll get to it.
hey buzzbomber is there an rc buzz bomb i can buy?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
I don't think it's around anymore, but Ron Daniels was kitting one some years ago. It was set up for speed 400 with a graupner 6x3 folding prop, IIRC. I actually drafted up a couple different versions, one a simple box section fuselage with a wing based on a littlest stick with modified tips, and one based around an ACE simple series constant chord wing and a cardboard tube fuselage. Unfortunately, I've never gotten around to actually BUILDING either of them. Maybe I can kitbash something using the fan from my Eflite MiG 15...
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:17 PM
Find More Posts by gazirk
Ace Whizard w Black Widow, 2 Airtronics Q-tee one with Cox QRC and the other converted to Electric
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by Paul Bonati
This my only 1/2 model. (I have a Pilatus Porter, but now is electric...).
Itīs the IA-63 PAMPA, itīs an Argentine jet trainer for the Military Aviation. It fly very nice. Just 2 chanells: elevator and ailerons, with the high wing is like a traner. Wingspan around 1 metre, all up weight around 500 mg. Cheers, Paul.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
Find More Posts by buzzard bait
That mini stick reminded me of one I made up several years ago. Span was 41 inches, area 320, weight 22 oz with a PAW .061. It also flew with a PAW .033, with a long take off run, and with a PAW .09. The only picture I have is one Randy Randolph published in Flying models.

Jim