Sep 25, 2013, 04:57 PM
...this one time at NEAT...

An official grabbed my son.
Last edited by crash.n.burn; Sep 26, 2013 at 05:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2013, 08:18 PM
Shore Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash.n.burn

Yeah, that sounds a little disturbing. One might think that the distraction of having your son grabbed might have created more danger than the actual infraction.

My club has been around for decades and we have at least 2 fun flys per year. I can say that our events are known for being friendly and cordial. We make sure that the rules are known up front and are clearly covered during the pilots meeting.

Infractions do happen occasionally as visitors make mistakes. When these happen we politely, quietly and professionally approach the individual and resolve the situation. This is a tried and true method that has worked for decades. We have never had to, and do not intend to raise our voices, berate, embarrass or manhandle anyone.

Our fun flys are a source of enjoyment and they afford the opportunity to make some new friends and even pick up some new members. If this is not happening at your fun fly then maybe your approach is a little off the mark. Not that we are perfect, but we are having some good, safe fun and we are making some friends along the way.

Just to keep things official: This one time at NEAT, well it was going to be this year but something came up so I couldn't make it. Was looking forward to coming back to NY for a visit.

Enjoy your flying.
Last edited by KE Spin; Sep 26, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
Sep 26, 2013, 08:33 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
I've been attending NEAT for a while now and have been a registered pilot for all but my first. I've never ever had an issue with the officials or the officiating. The NEAT Fair is the high point of the flying season for a lot of us for good reason. It's a stress free place to fly. If somebody raises their voice because someone does something stupid or because an official is getting stressed so what? Bunch of damn sickening crybabies. A week before the event someone was killed flying an RC aircraft. We're under a microscope and event organizers know it. Deal with it...and if you weren't at NEAT you don't have a clue.

For anyone reading this that has never attended don't let any of this nonsense deter you from coming. It's a blast. I flew every plane that I brought. Flew at night a bunch ofntimes, flew the Dawn Patrol twice, flew in the Battle of Britain, the Vapor obstacle course, and on and on.
Sep 26, 2013, 10:08 PM
I wanted to see the Dawn Patrol but think I probably missed it by an hour or so. A couple of bathroom breaks along the way killed that idea. I got there on Friday morning and the fog was still hanging pretty low in the valley. It would have been pretty cool seeing some biplanes in that setting.
Sep 27, 2013, 06:14 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Even Mike woke up Early and made it to Dawn Patrol.... Friday was beautiful... A Micro SE5 was raffled off on the Youth Raffle (way to go Robby) and the adults raffle was a Great Planes DR1.....Sat and Sunday mornings we also had raffles courtesy of Hobbico.... The Raffles were FREE all you had to do was wake Up.....

We raffled off a Hobbico TideWater on Sunday....due to the winds and weather we meant to go to the pond and raffle it but Tom picked the winning ticket and posted it on the bulletin board..... One of the SEFLI grunts won it and took it to the Whittman FloatFly the following week......

Lukes RC donated a MQX Spitfire and it was raffled off at the MIcro Pylon Races

Meanwhile at the BCSF tent.... Two Tactic 650 Radios were raffled off during the the Hobbico Chat......A complete AlfaJet kit and accessory package was raffled off as well as a Gift Certificate from West Michigan ParkFliers for any kit they sell was also raffled off during the weekend talks......

The Grand Prize ticket for the "Win a Date with the Lukes RC Manekin" was won by Petey..........with BrownEyed Fool as the chaperone
Last edited by dr.E; Sep 27, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Sep 27, 2013, 01:01 PM
Carlos, that's a little TMI for the Grand Prize....and Yes I'm going there....What no Pictures??
Oct 01, 2013, 07:26 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash.n.burn

if you are talking about the Flite Test incident, I blame it on the line boss as you never should have been allowed at the flight station with them. That rule should have been enforced. I can see you getting past them if you skirted the line and entered through the exit straight to a flight station. I can see the Flite Test guys getting allowed on because the assumption was they would spot for each other, not formation fly. That was the rule they broke. The rules are the rules and they are necessary in that space.
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Oct 01, 2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E
The Grand Prize ticket for the "Win a Date with the Lukes RC Manekin" was won by Petey..........with BrownEyed Fool as the chaperone
and my date was FINE!!!! i picked up my date around 6pm, went to a nice romantic chinese take out place, then drove over to lovers point for a nice long talk over watching the stars(really) and the rest is history!!!! next year you all will see a chinese/maekin kids running around NEAT 2014!!!

overall the date was a success but she was a little stiff, cound not loosen her up

-pete
Oct 06, 2013, 11:58 AM
No ! Your other left !
Petey, I had my hands on your 'date'. Cool as a cucumber. Snazzy dresser though.