Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 08, 2013, 02:57 PM
Discussion

this one time, at NEAT fair....

And now for something completely different, neat fair has been going on for what 14 years now? And it seems to have accumulated a fair pile of NEAT lore. So here is a thread to tell stories about " that one time at neat fair..... when...."
Last edited by cgoffa; Sep 08, 2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Tom says.....14
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2013, 03:26 PM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoffa View Post
And now for something completely different, neat fair has been going on for what 11 or 12 years now? And it seems to have accumulated a fair pile of NEAT lore. So here is a thread to tell stories about " that one time at neat fair..... when...."
this is our14th.
Sep 08, 2013, 04:13 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Remember when Mike took off from the flight line and lost control and crashed into the tents 100yds away..... The airplane went through the canopy and took out three other airplanes.....Only to find out that it was his tent and his airplanes that he crashed into
Sep 08, 2013, 04:54 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Just to clarify - - Carlos is not referring to me, Mike.

The only thing not covered in grass that I've crashed into is Carlos noodle (at Dunkerhook flying his crazy micro delta). DOH!

Mike
Sep 08, 2013, 07:58 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
.... what happens @ NEAT Fair, stays @ NEAT fair
Sep 08, 2013, 08:07 PM

The first rule of NEAT fair?

So Tommy does that mean the first rule of NEAT fair is we dont talk about NEAT fair, except when we do talk about NEAT fair..?
Sep 09, 2013, 05:34 AM
AMA 1242
Recall Arnnie saying don't worry we have never been flooded out. BULLS---!!!
Sep 09, 2013, 06:21 AM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
Just to clarify - - Carlos is not referring to me, Mike.

The only thing not covered in grass that I've crashed into is Carlos noodle (at Dunkerhook flying his crazy micro delta). DOH!

Mike
No, that was Mike Perez. Have not seen him in years!
Sep 09, 2013, 06:25 AM
How about a few years back when the place flooded out because of the hurricane. There's only one bridge in and out of the campground!

R
Sep 09, 2013, 11:42 AM
this one time, at NEAT fair....

... Carlos got so trashed that instead of setting up his tent and crawling in (which was wayyy to difficult at that point in time) he decided to just wrap it around himself instead
Sep 09, 2013, 12:28 PM
a few years back i was cuddled under a fleece at night watching the night flyers along with a fellow member i was video taped,by meanbaby (Pete) and put on youtube , i had a hard time explaining it to my girlfriend that it was cold and it was a one time thing . the member never came back to neat fair or to the club , i felt so used ,lol
true story expect the used part
Sep 09, 2013, 12:35 PM
this one time, at NEAT fair...

A whole group of us sat around the fire ring and laughed at each others jokes, ate fire-popped popcorn, shared dinner and even flew a few planes.
Bill from Syracuse NY, Charley from Long Island, Glenn from Long Island. Trey, Jamie from Camden NY, Pam and Jim from Canada (originally England), Brian and Mary Lou (and Gracy Mae) from Lake George NY, Mark and Ellen from Argyle NY, Susan and Wayne from Essex Junction VT, and Me from Ohio
There were a whole lot more that came in but there was some apple roasting and some Scotch involved, so not all of the names stuck.

I hope that I can place the names with the right faces this year!

Are you a Turtle?
Sep 09, 2013, 08:32 PM
got so drunk every year at neat fair with carlos "special drink"!!!!!

-pete
Sep 24, 2013, 07:48 PM
How high will it go?
Someone didn't remember how he got back to his camper this year, but we reminded him of it with the video of him being taken back in a wheelbarrow. LOL.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 25, 2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake View Post
Someone didn't remember how he got back to his camper this year, but we reminded him of it with the video of him being taken back in a wheelbarrow. LOL.
Yes, the red rickshaw!!!

Ah, good times...

Rob