Jan 29, 2014, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juz70
The idea with the gopro live out is so you can use a switch on your transmitter to swap from your CCD flight cam to the gopro on the fly...this can really help with the framing of your subject and can be especially useful when tilting the gopro down with the gimbal.
Ok thanks for clarifying that!! That makes sense then.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2014, 06:48 PM

?

So here we are 2 months later. Any updates?
Mar 27, 2014, 08:26 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
None
Mar 28, 2014, 04:57 PM
Did you get it on video?
Rather anti-climatic after the initial hype...
Apr 04, 2014, 10:06 PM
RC FPVer
A quick update on the QAV400G gimbal unit. I recently was able to take a QAV400G pre-production unit to Costa Rica and captured some great footage with the gimbal unit. We are getting close to a release date, promise.

Costa Rica Aerial Video from a QAV400G (7 min 59 sec)

I also traveled with the new QAV400 case that fits both a regular QAV400 and the gimbal -- mounted or not mounted. The case will go on sale in 2-3 weeks.

The QAV400G performed flawlessly the entire trip and I took it up for over 15 flights and traveled the country with it. The case was great and I was able to check it as luggage on the flight, and it even doubled as a chair to sit on when I was flying in the middle of no where. It made the trip there and back without a scratch on the gear. This QAV400 setup with the gimbal is the perfect balance of performance, size and versatility.

Here is the case after all the travels.
Apr 05, 2014, 05:37 AM
Impressive.

Can't wait until I have enough experience under my belt to get a QAV400. Dont want to wreck it!
Apr 08, 2014, 08:50 AM
Looking forward!
Apr 14, 2014, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf1punk
A quick update on the QAV400G gimbal unit. I recently was able to take a QAV400G pre-production unit to Costa Rica and captured some great footage with the gimbal unit. We are getting close to a release date, promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgMcs4Qg7z0

I also traveled with the new QAV400 case that fits both a regular QAV400 and the gimbal -- mounted or not mounted. The case will go on sale in 2-3 weeks.

The QAV400G performed flawlessly the entire trip and I took it up for over 15 flights and traveled the country with it. The case was great and I was able to check it as luggage on the flight, and it even doubled as a chair to sit on when I was flying in the middle of no where. It made the trip there and back without a scratch on the gear. This QAV400 setup with the gimbal is the perfect balance of performance, size and versatility.

Here is the case after all the travels.
Good video with very nice flying and good news about the gimbal too.
Apr 14, 2014, 10:56 PM
PID Chaser
That's great news guys! I started years ago with the Delrin Tricopter, then moved to the QAV 400 since day one, and after year and half I launched my first video with my QAV 400G.
Love the new case for the quad, Im sure I'll buy one as soon they pre-ordered!
And can't wait the gimbals comes out. Great company, great people, great products!

QAV 400G

FOOTPRINTS (4 min 42 sec)
May 15, 2014, 12:39 PM
RC FPVer
The new travel case for the QAV400 is now in stock and ready to ship!

http://www.getfpv.com/professional-t...he-qav400.html

Jun 08, 2014, 06:44 PM
so can this awesome gimbal be attached to the qav250?
Jun 09, 2014, 11:34 AM
Videographer/Product Reviews
QAV250 couldn't carry a gimbal and GoPro this size, if any.
Aug 05, 2014, 06:43 PM
Hot Pants!
Just got my QAV400 plug and play gimbal in the mail. Here's my first test video after a weekend of playing around. I haven't plugged the gimbal controller into a computer yet, so the PID values are what the plug & play models can be expected to come with.

(2 min 6 sec)
Aug 11, 2014, 01:28 PM
RC FPVer
Looks real nice, looking forward to more videos.
Aug 17, 2014, 01:52 AM
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"

Which FC for QAV400G???

Hey Everyone,

I'm building a QAV400 with the gimbal. I bought all of the parts from GetFPV.com. I have the frame assembled, with ESCs and motors wired. I tested the gimbal with the GoPro and it looks like its going to work great!

I'm stuck on choosing a flight controller. I'd like to have GPS with RTH. I'm not really looking to do acrobatic flights. I'm more into exploration of deserted buildings, empty beaches, landscapes, etc.

I've been looking at the Vector but I feel like its too new and still in its beta testing phase. Apparently you can't run the gimbal pan/tilt servo connector through it? I've looked at the SuperX but I can only find 1 or 2 people who've used it on a QAV400. I don't want to go with Naza. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Quick Reply