Sep 06, 2013, 09:37 AM
Free foamie low waste plans
Idea

Anyone for Peetzer? Peetzerjet11 build

[This has been reposted from indoor and micro]
I found a couple of foam bases in our pizzas the other day, and wondered what I could come up with to get a flying thing out of them. They were the 10", so we're talking indoor stuff here, though as with the rest you can upscale them easily. I'll put them on the site soon, but here they are for your perusal/critique/amusement. Starts at 2 because the first one was a different idea, not built any of these yet.

Fly and enjoy!

EDIT: With a lot of these, I'm thinking of heli style motors, twin thrust and steering. If you see 3 motor positions, it's either for alternatives or to try out 3 motors with a combining circuit, I'll post about this when I build some. I'm working on getting a seperate rudder output from the heli bricks, mine are the S107 type.
Last edited by Airlight; Apr 15, 2014 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Added PW-23 picture
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2013, 04:35 PM

Added some pictures

I thought I'd have a go at PEETZERWING5, so here are some pics of the job thus far. The two areas shown on the front corners are for twin motors if you want to do this. The pod is shown high, but you could flip these to give a lower one. I didn't say they were beautiful, but I think these will actually make it through the air if you want a little 'pocket flyer', I just wish I had more time to do the building on these.

Fly and enjoy!
Last edited by Airlight; Sep 28, 2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added more pictures
Sep 09, 2013, 07:09 AM

It's coming out like lava...!!

Hi All

Got another one here, slightly different and you'll need to put a 2mm skin on the top to get the 'pod'.

Fly and enjoy!
Last edited by Airlight; Sep 18, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
Sep 09, 2013, 10:53 AM

How about a sneaky pizza?

This has a 'stealth' topping on it.

Fly and enjoy!
Sep 09, 2013, 12:26 PM
Have you flown any of these, yet?
Sep 09, 2013, 12:46 PM
Not yet, just in the process of doing the chuckers to see what they go like. They're just ideas really.
Sep 11, 2013, 10:59 AM

Bipe it in half

One more, just a little biplane. Getting to work on the box next...
Sep 16, 2013, 07:20 AM

Batplane!

Sorry, I couldn't resist, what with Hallowe'en not far off now. Just a little fun, going to have a go at this one at some point. Might run with steering motors?

Fly and enjoy!
Last edited by Airlight; Sep 18, 2013 at 07:29 AM.
Oct 09, 2013, 08:07 AM
I know I shouldn't keep pushing these, but I've added quite a few now, and I'd love to see someone else's recycled pizza bases. You can always make them from 2 pieces of 2mm depron. Or one piece, just adjust the slots.

Enjoy
Oct 09, 2013, 09:26 AM
Gary
You're in the wrong forum for this kind of craft. Move your question over to the foamies scratchbuilt forum. There you will get interest.
Oct 09, 2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the advice Gary, I'll move it. Not sure how though?
Oct 13, 2013, 06:20 PM
I hope you won't mind, I just wanted to see if anyone was interested in some free plans, I'm doing the Micro built contest right now so haven't had time to build these yet.

Enjoy
Oct 15, 2013, 07:19 AM
Just added PEETZERJET5. Anybody built one yet? They can be built with 2mm depron if you adjust any slots, or scale them up for 6mm? 1.5X will do it.

I'll get around to building some soon, the two I did (PEETZERWING5 & 15) were good gliders if you balanced them well and gave them a shove, but I've only used one with motors on for heli brick thrust testing, non-flying.

Enjoy
Oct 17, 2013, 07:26 AM
Just added the 'glider' with the front pod pusher.

Enjoy
Oct 18, 2013, 07:34 AM
Just added PEETZERCAKE and PEETZERPDELTA. Peetzercake should be obvious, Peetzerpdelta is a wing with pusher engine mounts and a pod (the triangular bits) on top, mount engines either above or below wing, or both. I'll post about getting rudder and elevator from a S107 heli brick later, if I can make it work..

Enjoy