Sep 07, 2013, 11:22 AM
Out of the box it's in sport mode, no "extra setting required" according to Quique.
Latest blog entry: Dayton Modelrama
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2013, 11:46 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Great lookin' Cub! Can't wait to fly it.

Nice job HH.

Sep 07, 2013, 11:59 AM
I just got this from Quique:

Yes specific [settings for the Cub], need to match sensing motion ....but as default sport mode for 635 channel 5 in both direction has same gain......but CZC is set for all 3 axes at 80% gain.....while stock 635 all 3 axes are set at 70%
Sep 07, 2013, 11:59 AM
Prefers radials
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
...I know that it's not an apples-to-apples comparison, but how would you compare the flight-characteristics of the Carbon-Z Cub & the 25e, assuming the 25e is running the Power 32 setup? ...

Joel
I have the 25e w/P32 on 4S 3300 (and virtually all of the other popular SC's - H9 1/4 PA-18, Fun Cub, UMX Carbon, SC LP, etc.) . Based on the video, IMO, the closes in terms of flight characteristics is a Fun Cub with high power setup (>450W). The 25e is a nice scale cruiser, which delivers on all of the true scale Cub challenges ( ground loop, tip stall, generous slip angles, etc.).

If you're looking for a Cub that cheats the wind and is 3D capable, it appears your choices are this new CZ Cub or FC (with or without stabilization). If you're looking for a scale Cub that looks and behaves like a real Cub - 25e or H9 SC.

Cheers
Last edited by marksp; Sep 07, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Sep 07, 2013, 12:41 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp
I have the 25e w/P32 on 4S 3300 (and virtually all other the other popular SC's - H9 1/4 PA-18, Fun Cub, UMX Carbon, SC LP, etc.) . Based on the video, IMO, the closet in terms of flight characteristics is a Fun Cub with high power setup (>450W). The 25e is a nice scale cruiser, which delivers on all of the true scale Cub challenges ( ground loop, tip stall, generous slip angles, etc.).

If you're looking for a Cub that cheats the wind and is 3D capable, it appears your choices are this new CZ Cub or FC (with or without stabilization). If you're looking for a scale Cub that looks and behaves like a real Cub - 25e or H9 SC.

Cheers
+1! I have the fun cub and it is awesome! I can't wait for this!
Sep 07, 2013, 01:14 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
I would say u can fly the fun cub in just as scale of a manner as any other cub out there.
Sep 07, 2013, 01:44 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Mark,

Thanks for your input! I've flown a few ludicrously-overpowered Fun Cubs with wild control throws. The plane is an absolute hoot! A club-member has one that he passes around to anyone at the field who wants to end up with a big grin plastered on their face. The thing makes me laugh like a kid every time I fly it. But I do like my Cubs to have at least a fair amount of authentic Cub personality - if not the full-meal-deal. I'd love the H9 1/4-scale with a big Saito flat-twin gasser up front, but I'd have to buy a trailer for it. I used to have a 1/4-scale Dynaflite SC that I powered with an OS 1.60 flat-twin. It was a great 'spirited' cruiser. Similar power to that of a full-scale 180 or 210 HP SC. But I drove an SUV back then. Now I'm driving a mid-size coupe. I guess I'm looking for something with reasonably authentic STOL competition Super Cub flight-behavior that will fit in my car & have enough reserve power on tap to hang on the prop if I want to mix it up a bit.

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS
Sep 07, 2013, 03:13 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
AR-635 doesn't support Telemetry? I just started buying into Telemetry now you guys are ditching it? What the hell?

-J
Sep 07, 2013, 03:21 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
I'm not sure I'd say full-scale bush planes can harrier.
Check out the Valdez STOL competition on Youtube.

New Mackey SQ2 Piper cub (1 min 8 sec)
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Sep 07, 2013, 03:22 PM
Prefers radials
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-86FLIER4LIFE
I would say u can fly the fun cub in just as scale of a manner as any other cub out there.
Agree and for the record, my post wasn't intended to be a "this is better than that" post. In fact, as noted, I like and have them as well as the CZ Cub on order.

I assume each can be flown in a scale type manner, including the CZ Cub. In other words, both the CZ and Fun Cub have broad flight envelopes, but can still fly scale.

With regards to question about the 25e, I simply regard these as very different airframes for the reasons previously stated. In terms of versatility, the CZ Cub and the Fun Cub are much more similar.

Cheers
Latest blog entry: Pilot RC 40% Decathlon
Sep 07, 2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
I just got this from Quique:

Yes specific [settings for the Cub], need to match sensing motion ....but as default sport mode for 635 channel 5 in both direction has same gain......but CZC is set for all 3 axes at 80% gain.....while stock 635 all 3 axes are set at 70%
Thanks for all the info, Dave. Got a couple questions:
1. Is there room in the fuselage for two 3s 3200mah 30C LiPo's (like from the Hurricane) side-by-side?
2. What's the diameter and width of those tires?

Thanks.
Sep 07, 2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredtech
Thanks for all the info, Dave. Got a couple questions:
1. Is there room in the fuselage for two 3s 3200mah 30C LiPo's (like from the Hurricane) side-by-side?
2. What's the diameter and width of those tires?

Thanks.
1. Yes.
2. 160mm dia, and I would guess about 60mm wide.
Sep 07, 2013, 08:34 PM
Watts up ?
Great stuff !! I will be ordering one. I actually posted a " Please Horizon build the Carbon cub in an ARF " about 10 month ago and you listened ! Thanks !
Sep 07, 2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
1. Yes.
2. 160mm dia, and I would guess about 60mm wide.
160mm is not too bad. Should be a perfect size for the HobbyZone Super Cub LP. I'll have to order a set for that plane as well, should fly much better than those heavy 6" dubros I have for it.

http://blog.blueiceaviation.com/frie...them-are-tires
Sep 07, 2013, 09:54 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
I just pre-ordered mine

Quick Reply