Oct 15, 2013, 07:37 PM
They are getting a BNF and a PNP at my LHS. The PNP is spoken for, but the BNF is up for grabs. They said they'd call me when it came in so I could look it over. I really hate to buy something site unseen. If it looks as good in person as it does in pictures and videos, I may bring it home.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2013, 07:40 PM
CyberJay
If you get the model and do remove the decals please let us know how it goes. I for will not buy the model if the decals cannot be removed. I think they are ugly, when will they ever learn.

Ken Smith
Oct 15, 2013, 07:45 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith
CyberJay
If you get the model and do remove the decals please let us know how it goes. I for will not buy the model if the decals cannot be removed. I think they are ugly, when will they ever learn.

Ken Smith
I like the scale decals on the fuse. The fin decal is ok. I am not thrilled about the Eflite logo decal on top of the wing and the misc carbon z decals. I will likely remove them.

I may cut some new vinyl registration decals for the fuse, though.
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
Oct 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
Man, I want one SOOO BAD. I already own 2 cubs, a Mini Super Cub and a Select Scale Super Cub but to own this one....wow!
Oct 15, 2013, 09:09 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith
CyberJay

Ken Smith
I think the number of people who will put their foot down and not buy an airplane based on the presence of a sticker are way outnumbered by the people who don't like the sticker, but will buy it anyway. And even more don't care at all.

They won't ever learn.

I have Eflite, Spektrum, JR, Hangar 9, and Parkzone stickers stuck all over my tool boxes, work bench, etc. I don't mind supporting a company. But I do really dislike the giant stickers on the airplane.

-J
Oct 15, 2013, 09:44 PM
dannylooper
It's on the wrong wing

If the giant e-flite sticker was on the other wing I would buy it
Oct 15, 2013, 09:46 PM
I don't like decals either. I like this plane though and if its got decals so be it. Most of my planes are funcubs and each one is painted different. Its gonna be fun to just get a plane out of the box and fly it like it is. I bought it cause of the size and power and that it was a cub. I fly in grass fields, sometimes the grass is tall, this plane won't care. I just got two 6S 5000 45-70C batteries and two 6S 3700 30C batteries for it. Batteries are expensive but I didn't have any 6S batteries.
Oct 15, 2013, 09:54 PM
dannylooper
6s can be expensive but if you take care of them they can last years
Oct 15, 2013, 10:09 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ4MN
I don't like decals either. I like this plane though and if its got decals so be it. Most of my planes are funcubs and each one is painted different. Its gonna be fun to just get a plane out of the box and fly it like it is. I bought it cause of the size and power and that it was a cub. I fly in grass fields, sometimes the grass is tall, this plane won't care. I just got two 6S 5000 45-70C batteries and two 6S 3700 30C batteries for it. Batteries are expensive but I didn't have any 6S batteries.
You bought the more expensive ones. I'm going to run 6S 3000's and 2700's since I already have them for my 500 size heli. You'll get long run times with the 5000 pack. You should get 75-100 cycles from them, the plane isn't hard on packs. There is good chance the batteries will outlast the plane.....
Oct 15, 2013, 11:05 PM
I live in Las Vegas but I'm flying to Daytona Beach Florida in the morning and flying back Sunday. Hopefully the plane will get here just about when I get back. I use a DX6i TX. I don't know anything about GAIN etc. I can reverse a servo in the TX if needed and I have elevator set to go down when flaps are applied and can change the percentage if needed. I also have my rudder move in the proper direction about 45% on my funcubs when I move the ailerons and I know how to change it back to zero or add more if I need to. As you can tell I'm pretty new at this and I like rudder moving automaticly when I move the ailerons so that my left hand just works the throttle. Its probably time that I use my left hand for throttle and rudder like you guys do.
Oct 16, 2013, 01:26 AM
Where have people been getting 5000/4000mah lipo from?? The website recommends a 3200mah?? Can anyone confirm

As i was looking at the zippy 4000mah 6s 30c and a turnigy 3300 6s. Or should i go for 2 4000mah?
Last edited by apriliamgt; Oct 16, 2013 at 01:36 AM.
Oct 16, 2013, 01:36 AM
I bought 2 3S 5000 mAh G-Force batteries from Value Hobby. Made a Series harness to get 6S for the Cub. Already had 2 3S 3200s from an Apprentice.

did not want to get 6S batteries since I have other planes to use the 3S in.

The 2 new 5000 3Ss cost less than 1 6S 5000. Also, the weight of the 2 is within a few grams of the 6S. I did have to change the plugs to EC3s.
Oct 16, 2013, 02:32 AM
Well ive gone half way. 2x4000mah 6s which hopefully will be ok
Oct 16, 2013, 04:55 AM
Lower AL
Based on reading this thread and the manual the battery slot is right on the COG. Plan on using 3s in series and pick up a few 6s maybe along the way. buddy just finished scratch building an 1/5th scale J2 which is about the same size as the CC. He is one of the best at turning a pile of materials into a beautiful airplane.
J - 2 Cub 1/5 scale (5 min 48 sec)
Oct 16, 2013, 06:13 AM
Were all gonna' FLY!
This is crazy!! I will be 60 years old at the end of the month and now I wake-up in the morning and find myself---------running to the computer to check my bank account to see if Horizon has taken my money yet, then to the Horizon site to see what the status is, and then to here to see if anyone got shipping notice yet. I feel like a little kid! OH BOY!!!! YIPPY!!!!

Quick Reply