Oct 14, 2013, 05:52 PM
Prefers radials
CZ Cub AR635 flight mode settings are not detailed in manual. Given the literally hundreds of potential combinations (3 control surfaces, each with 10 options), it would take a long time to sort out. Hopefully HH will publish the default settings so we can establish baseline for 1 flight mode and set the other to 3D, high wind, off, or whatever your preference is.
Latest blog entry: Pilot RC 40% Decathlon
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp
CZ Cub AR635 flight mode settings are not detailed in manual. Given the literally hundreds of potential combinations (3 control surfaces, each with 10 options), it would take a long time to sort out. Hopefully HH will publish the default settings so we can establish baseline for 1 flight mode and set the other to 3D, high wind, off, or whatever your preference is.
We already did, in Post 108, page 8 of this thread:

Yes specific [settings for the Cub], need to match sensing motion ....but as default sport mode for 635 channel 5 in both direction has same gain......but CZC is set for all 3 axes at 80% gain.....while stock 635 all 3 axes are set at 70%
Latest blog entry: Dayton Modelrama
Oct 14, 2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt

Yes specific [settings for the Cub], need to match sensing motion ....but as default sport mode for 635 channel 5 in both direction has same gain......but CZC is set for all 3 axes at 80% gain.....while stock 635 all 3 axes are set at 70%

Thanks for the refresher course. The timing is perfect for those who have pre-ordered. I assume 80% was set for CZCub because it best suits the plane. So, the gains should remain as set and the radio has to be set to the recommended throws and the direction of movement confirmed.
Oct 14, 2013, 06:12 PM

Horizon Hobby

Dave, can I tell you how much I love that you have various staff on these forums actively listening, participating and responding. Not just this product, but a wide variety of products. It remains one of the reasons I am willing to pay more for a Horizon Hobby product than what seems to be similar products from other vendors.

No response needed. I just wanted you to know.

Quote:

Oct 14, 2013, 10:31 PM
Prefers radials
+1

I did, in fact, miss this (but did read the manual). This is super helpful info. Related but different question - was the default flight mode used for all of the demo flight maneuvers? If not, can you share what the settings were for harrier/hover, knife edge and towing?

Thanks

PS - going back to the earlier post to catch up on the stuff I skipped
Oct 15, 2013, 01:37 AM
Quote:
I just got this from Quique:

So what your saying is that we will all need to go into the settings and set it up for 80% gain? Or the 635 are coming preset at 80%
Oct 15, 2013, 05:12 AM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliamgt
So what your saying is that we will all need to go into the settings and set it up for 80% gain? Or the 635 are coming preset at 80%
No he's saying if you buy a 635 by itself it will come set at 60%. But when you buy the CZC the one in the plane will come set at 80%.

-J
Oct 15, 2013, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay
No he's saying if you buy a 635 by itself it will come set at 60%. But when you buy the CZC the one in the plane will come set at 80%.

-J
Ok great news
Oct 15, 2013, 06:50 AM
I did a search but didn't find my answer so: How hard is it to remove the applied decals? Do they leave any marking?

Ken
Oct 15, 2013, 07:01 AM
I would think that removing the decals would most likely remove the paint, but who knows. Denatured alcohol might do the trick though. Are the decals factory installed?
Oct 15, 2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13
I would think that removing the decals would most likely remove the paint, but who knows. Denatured alcohol might do the trick though. Are the decals factory installed?
All the foam planes from Horizon have "decals" factory installed and paint comes off with them when trying to remove them. Unpainted foam will still show some adhesive residue sometimes.
Last edited by Prof100; Oct 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM.
Oct 15, 2013, 07:42 AM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13
My Z-Foam models that are white have not had any paint on them. I was able to remove stickers from my Radian and T-28 without much issue. There is slight discoloration where the stickers used to be, but it's barely noticeable.

Until we get the CZC in our hands we won't know for sure how the stickers are laid out. If the stickers extend over the painted blue area I am almost positive that peeling up the stickers would remove the paint. I've removed tape from my P-47 and also my old Corsair and both times paint was also removed. (With the P-47 they were nice enough to include color matched tape, so once I re-installed the tape the color scheme was restored).

-J
Oct 15, 2013, 09:43 AM
Prefers radials
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay

-J
To put a finer point on this - the AR635 supports 2 'flight modes' (gain values) for one of two model types (sport or 3D). The default gain values are:

Sport 1: 70/70/70 (ail/ele/rud) - gear switch pos 0
Sport 2: 70/70/70 (ail/ele/rud) - gear switch pos 1

3D 1: 80:80/90 (ail/ele/rud) - gear switch pos 0
3D 2: 40/20/30 (ail/ele/rud) - gear switch pos 1

So, what Quique/Dave are saying is that CZ Cub default is 'sport mode' 80/80/80 vs AR635 default above.

My plan is to switch to 3D mode and use both modes, one set to default (80/80/80) and the other set to off (0/0/0) assigned to 2 position switch. I don't need to reserve a channel for tow release and like unassisted flight.

Cheers
Oct 15, 2013, 02:15 PM
I'd rather be flying!
You'd be better-off setting up an AS3X on/off switch with the receiver in 'sport mode'. '3D mode' has built-in nonadjustable low-rates in switch position 1. When the rx is in sport mode, the throws are the same (100%) in both switch positions.

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS
Oct 15, 2013, 07:24 PM
Shipping Thursday or by Halloween?

Quick Reply