Oct 06, 2013, 10:55 AM
so and so and so on
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
I just renewed AMA. Thanks for that. The club will be a different story though. I used the funds that I would use for that to get the plane. Oops. It will be about $150 to renew membership to the club. I will have to go on a selling spree to get it funded.

I have alot of reading to do in in the forums anyway to get a better idea of how to configure it in the DX9 transmitter I suspect. I have been in heli config mode only on every transmitter I owned.
I don't have any ideas of newly released DX9. But in DX8, all you need to do is to define the following:
1. Assign a model out of 30 models restored, and name it as you wish.
2. Model Type: Fixed Wing
3. Wing Type: 1 servo for flaps and 1 servo for ailerons (There must be Y harness inside the fuselage for both flap and aileron). Normal tail.
4. Confirm aileron, rudder, elevator, and flap servos are set Normal (I modified from another model so some of those servos were previously set Reversed). The pre-programmed AS3X for this CUB requires servos in Normal direction. Confirm zero trim as well.
5. Bind transmitter with AR635.
6. Set servo travels for aileron, rudder, elevator, flap to 125%. It's required by AS3X receiver.
7. Set D/R and Expo to 100% and 0 respectively for aileron, rudder, elevator, flap. I don't know why expo shall be 0 as it's mentioned in the manual. But my flight convinced me that expo is really not required for this CUB. It's super smooth already.
8. Set Flap system for 3 positions. 1st position is 0% for both flap and elevator. 2nd position, as I did, is set to 50% flap and 21% elevator. 3rd position, as the manual indicated, shall be 100% flap and 42% elevator. Negative elevator keeps the plane away from sudden nosing up by implementation of the full flap.
9. Set Flap time-lag to 2seconds.
10. Check neutral positions for ailerons, flaps, elevator, and rudder. I remember I rotated arms of flap servos by some angles in order to make 1st position of flap in neutral level. Rudder was not on neutral neither but it was easily adjusted by threads on the push rod.
11. I set timer alarm to 8 mins because I use 3200Mah batteries.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2013, 11:09 AM
RC Pilot!
I just wish they would hurry!
Oct 06, 2013, 12:17 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomcevac913
I just wish they would hurry!
They are hurrying with all due deliberation. We and HH all want them to get it just right before it ships.

HH wants it to ship as soon as possible after it is really ready so they can start recouping their investment, so you can bet they are not sitting around twiddling their thumbs...

Patience is a virtue...
Latest blog entry: My 2021 event schedule
Oct 06, 2013, 12:43 PM
Wingman II
I just hope that don't have major issue with it, like they did the 350qx quad.
Oct 06, 2013, 02:45 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424
I just hope that don't have major issue with it, like they did the 350qx quad.
I guess I'm lucky cause I've been flying my 350 for a week now and it's the coolest thing ever! No issues...yet.
Oct 06, 2013, 02:52 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
I wish that these vendors (not just HH) would wait until they are ready to provide their product, before telling everyone about it. Don't tease me with a shiny new thing that I can't get for 2+ months. Also..I never backorder anything and rarely pre-order, so if it's not available right now...I waite.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Oct 06, 2013, 03:11 PM
Late November arrival time probably here. Still excited to see hear what everyone thinks of this plane. Especially some reviews of it on floats.
Oct 06, 2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
I wish that these vendors (not just HH) would wait until they are ready to provide their product, before telling everyone about it. Don't tease me with a shiny new thing that I can't get for 2+ months. Also..I never backorder anything and rarely pre-order, so if it's not available right now...I waite.
Actually HH has changed when they announce their products until they are on their way. I actually don't like it myself because I like to plan what I may buy ahead of time, Knowing things come out way ahead of time I can put money aside or make changes in decisions and prepare. Hearing about it at the last minute, I may have bought something I didn't really want to because I didn't know some that I really wanted would be out.

E.G. for me is the new UMX Extra coming out. I am glad I know about this so I can start planning my indoor season.
Oct 06, 2013, 06:05 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
Actually HH has changed when they announce their products until they are on their way. I actually don't like it myself because I like to plan what I may buy ahead of time, Knowing things come out way ahead of time I can put money aside or make changes in decisions and prepare. Hearing about it at the last minute, I may have bought something I didn't really want to because I didn't know some that I really wanted would be out.

E.G. for me is the new UMX Extra coming out. I am glad I know about this so I can start planning my indoor season.
+1 We must live on the same horrible salary!

And at the rate HH is coming up with great models, budgeting ahead of time is a must!
Oct 06, 2013, 08:16 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
+1 We must live on the same horrible salary!

And at the rate HH is coming up with great models, budgeting ahead of time is a must!
I've no problem. I only have $105 in my wallet right now, so I can't afford it anyway.
Oct 07, 2013, 05:51 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68
I've no problem. I only have $105 in my wallet right now, so I can't afford it anyway.
That's the point... It's not how much money you have in your wallet right now that count, it's how many kidneys you can sell before the airplane is released. That's the beauty of knowing ahead of time.
Oct 07, 2013, 08:47 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
I'd sell five kidneys, to buy this Cub!
Oct 07, 2013, 09:52 AM
dannylooper
I already sold my kidneys for the dx9
Oct 07, 2013, 11:13 AM
Always Indecisive
But...but....but....I want all my kidneys.

Oct 07, 2013, 11:35 AM
so and so and so on
Is that a popular joke to say selling kidneys for getting something desired in US?
I did hear the same in China, and it's usually for getting Iphone and other Apple stuff. I never expected anything similar in a nice country like US.

Quick Reply