Nov 09, 2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
Your wife or significant other must be a real sweetie.

Now if you made them yourself, we would want to know where the heck is the build video?
Ok...OK...OK...Guys! :-)
A little lie...:-)
My girlfriend's made....:-) really sweetie...:-)
I only seeing...and say continuously I love You darling.....:-)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
You never expanded what "Noticeable Difference" you encountered with the APC "E" 14 X 7 Propeller?

I am sure its giving your model a significant increase in Airspeed over the 5.5 Pitch STOCK propeller.
It is...but you lose the vertical and it seems to be less efficient. Didn't see the need in expounding as it is obvious the 14x7 is not ideal and is only an interim solution. It was what the LHS had and I knew the plane would fly on it. Like said in the post you quoted...HH is out of stock of the STOCK prop.
Nov 09, 2013, 01:48 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirzeppu
It is...but you lose the vertical and it seems to be less efficient. Didn't see the need in expounding as it is obvious the 14x7 is not ideal and is only an interim solution. It was what the LHS had and I knew the plane would fly on it. Like said in the post you quoted...HH is out of stock of the STOCK prop.
Oh yes, I keep forgetting this is a 80+ wing span Cub with the drag of a Cub!
Nov 09, 2013, 01:49 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Oh snap
Nov 09, 2013, 02:22 PM
From a Different Planet!
if anybody needs a stock ESC for there CZC I have one for sale in perfect working order.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2033175
Nov 09, 2013, 02:27 PM
I'm going flying..........
Noted last night LHS DiscountHobbyWarehouse in San Diego has 2 set of floats in stock if anyone is still looking for a set.
Nov 09, 2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtanax50
Ok...OK...OK...Guys! :-)
A little lie...:-)
My girlfriend's made....:-) really sweetie...:-)
I only seeing...and say continuously I love You darling.....:-)
Nice wingbags chap.Congrats
Nov 09, 2013, 03:09 PM
This is my buddy with his Cub /and for comparison me with my Cub / after he maidened his birdie....
Telling the truth,I've never seen easier,uneventful maidenflight-although I"ve flown more than 80 modells so far-this is one very nice forgiving machine.
I'm also flirting with the idea of buying one.....Maybe for christmas
Last edited by george2; Nov 09, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
Nov 09, 2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2
Nice wingbags chap.Congrats
thanks George2 :-)
Nov 09, 2013, 03:33 PM
Champagne Supernova
Too bad the pnp was only 20.00 less than the bnf. There are quite a few pnp in stock. But if u wait for the bnf u get an 80.00 rx for 20.00 more. Trying to figure that one out.
Nov 09, 2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow
Too bad the pnp was only 20.00 less than the bnf. There are quite a few pnp in stock. But if u wait for the bnf u get an 80.00 rx for 20.00 more. Trying to figure that one out.
In the uk a pnp and as3x rx is £11 more than a bnf version., well it was from my online shop
Nov 09, 2013, 04:40 PM

Lowe's touch up paint $3 sample size Valspar

Lowe's touch up paints at $3 / sample size Valspar are a heck of a bargain. I have attached pictures of the sample bottles and the paint codes. The match is perfect to my eyes. Print them out and take the sheet to your neighborhood Lowe's and they should be able to create a couple of bottles for you.
Last edited by Prof100; Nov 09, 2013 at 04:58 PM.
Nov 09, 2013, 04:55 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Woo hooo. Just in from our float fly and the first three flights of the Carbon Cub on floats!!!! Not a perfect day with a southerly on-shore wind blowing in at 8-12 mph early and up around 12-20 midday. Water surface winds a touch less due to high trees across the inlet we fly on.

Although superlatives are getting a real workout in this thread, let me add a few more in regards to flying this great model off the water and the handling thereof:

Magnificent. Incredible. Faultless. Delightful. Tons of fun.

The water handling during takeoff and landing is among the very best I have ever enjoyed on a twin float model. Liftoff is in a very few fuse lengths at half throttle or so, and is incredibly scale like. As effortless to take off the water as it is to take off on land.

Landings are graceful arrivals. Hard to make a bad landing even in the turbulence today. AS3X does well as always at greatly reducing turbulence effects. Give it half a chance and it does a picture perfect landing nearly ever time, even in the chop today.

The factory float rigging for takeoff and landing performance seems to be perfect. I would not change a thing.

As expected, doing a cross wind float landing with this lightly loaded model might lead to the upwind wing being lifted up if you are not careful. Happened to me today, but went no further than dipping the downwind wing tip in the water. Let's be careful and not let the CC get blown over.

Yes, it hovers nicely with the floats and it will pull out and climb away from the hover. Does not quite roll as well, but it is very close. Snaps rolls just like it does with wheels. Loops are unaffected. Inverted flight is docile.

Two and a half hours since the last flight and I am still smiling.

Only slight sour note was that the water rudder servo arm started slipping again and I had no water rudder for the third flight. Looks like the arm might not be the correct one from the factory, based on the fit. Did not really need it as the on shore winds made taxiing back unneeded.

Wow. Love it.

Here is the first takeoff....more pictures and video soon!
Last edited by Thomas B; Nov 09, 2013 at 05:56 PM.
Nov 09, 2013, 05:18 PM
Team Hillbilly 🐘💨
Question. How Is the e flite go pro mount adhere to the plane? Is it just an adhesive plate or are there bolt or screws that snug down. Thanks
Nov 09, 2013, 05:25 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittjeff
Question. How Is the e flite go pro mount adhere to the plane? Is it just an adhesive plate or are there bolt or screws that snug down. Thanks
Read the manual.

Quick Reply