Nov 06, 2013, 06:58 AM
Lower AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
Glad you got it worked out. Did they ever apologize for their error? If not I'd never in a million years deal with them again.

I thought the ad on their website looked and read pretty sneaky. But I could see how if someone thought they were putting up and ad for PNP and it ended up going out as BNF, that kind of thing could happen. But just reading the add made me feel like they were trying to pull a fast one.

Glad you're getting your receiver, hope you get some good weather to fly in.

Bert
I'm happy with my bnf from wholesale trains so far but I've not finished setting it up yet.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2013, 07:05 AM
Lower AL
I was putting the CZC together and I'm pretty sure I have to program the ESC for 70% since I'll be using a combination of 4s and 6s batts.

Dumb question #234: which way do the servo connectors go when you connect the wings?
Orange forward?

Hopefully tonight I'll have time to finish up the setup.

Jeff
Nov 06, 2013, 07:12 AM
From a Different Planet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
I was putting the CZC together and I'm pretty sure I have to program the ESC for 70% since I'll be using a combination of 4s and 6s batts.

Dumb question #234: which way do the servo connectors go when you connect the wings?
Orange forward?

Hopefully tonight I'll have time to finish up the setup.

Jeff
The solid side of the plastic connector faces up. (not where you can see the metal terminals through the plastic)
Nov 06, 2013, 08:44 AM

New video (onboard)

Nice weather yesterday. I got in 8 fllights and made a new video.

eFlite Carbon Z Cub (3 min 38 sec)
Nov 06, 2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericlaeyendecker
Thanks for the responses on my paint question earlier. This thread is a gold mine of info! I have yet to fly my cub and it's killing me seeing it sit just staring back at me.

I have another question, this time about the AR635 receiver. I have it bound to my DX5e transmitter, but I noticed the flaps are either all the way up or all the way down, no middle ground, and they switch pretty fast. I'm almost positive it's because this is a fairly basic transmitter and in all reality that extra switch on the DX5e would be used for landing gear retracts. Am I correct in that statement? I feel like if I take off with the flaps down, then take them up, the plane will dip down quite a bit and I don't want to over compensate. I guess you could say I'm mentally preparing myself for that first flight!
You are correct, your radio is very basic so you are unable to do mixes or change the deployment speed. As you saw in the instructions and posted here, it is recommended to mix down elevator with the deployment of flaps but you won't be able to do that. If you are limited to that radio you will just have to get used to "flying it" and staying on the sticks when you drop the flaps
Nov 06, 2013, 09:28 AM
He could always get the turnigy speed regulator from HK....that would at least deploy the flaps slowly.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Regulator.html
Nov 06, 2013, 09:29 AM
Champagne Supernova
Wooohooo. Just got an email mine is shipping today. Might have it by Friday..
Nov 06, 2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster232
,,,got in 8 fllights and made a new video.
kewl to see wat Cubby sees. umm,,, wit a little more practice u should B able to keep it right side up
Nov 06, 2013, 11:03 AM

EC3 Welded in flight and Crash

Well folks, this gentle giant flew fantastic... for two minutes. Just as I was saying how incredible she was to fly... I watched her going... going gone... Found her nearly 3/4 of a mile away, with suprisingly limited damage. I was convinced it was a radio issue, until my inspection revealed something that I was concerned for from the beginning. EC3's were welded solid, and subsequently lost power. The AS3X kept her flying straight... forever. Of course I did range check and static tests, with no obvious problems. Scary thing was that I was only flying half stick. I know that i've read some concerns on this thread about the EC3's. Now, mine may have been a fluke... but I've NEVER had that happen before. (I have over 45 planes ranging from Champs and Cubs to 90mm jets) and this was a first. I called and reported to HH, and as usual, they were fantastic. Personally, I decided to go with an 80 ESC Pro and an EC5. I could be totally wrong, but seems like a lot of juice for an EC3. Anyone else have any issues? HH mentioned no other reports of this yet. Did I mention how nice this thing is to fly?
Nov 06, 2013, 11:18 AM

Hunger lipo?

I've seen this banner ad here on RC Groups for "Hunger Lipo's." i was just looking at wondering if anyone else has used them? Are they any good? Seems like a great price $37.75 for a 3300MAH 6S 30C MAX 60C 22.2V (with nano technology).

Here is the link to the site: http://www.dealmetic.com/list.asp?ty...categories=181
Nov 06, 2013, 11:21 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:

http://youtu.be/OzsZqUkfkTo
Best video ever! I loved it!
Nov 06, 2013, 11:32 AM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
I'm happy with my bnf from wholesale trains so far but I've not finished setting it up yet.
I'm really glad to hear that there are people having good relations with Wholesale Trains. It always bugs me when I think that there are people in the industry trying to take advantage of people who are excited by and in a hurry to enjoy our hobby.

So when I saw the posts by Eclipse_7, and read the Wholesale Train's ad it made me wonder if they were trying to sell PNPs advertised as BNF and then turn around and sell the purchaser a Rx for $99. It doesn't make much sense to try that kind of thing in this hobby, especially in this day of instant communication. But it seems every so often someone tries.

So I would like to officially take back any insult that the folks at Wholesale Trains may have thought I intended toward them. I hope they continue to be good and earnest supporters of this hobby and the people who enjoy it so much.

I'm just always trying to stand up for the guys in this hobby who like myself have to live on a budget and don't have the time nor expenses to waste on someone trying to pull something tricky.

Nuff said, anyone else got any great video. Some of you guys are obviously very talented with both the aircraft and a video camera.
Nov 06, 2013, 11:41 AM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Hey that is a great video. I'd really like to see a narrated version so people could understand what you are doing when you perform some of the aerobatics in that flight.

Had me thinking I needed a seat belt or motion sickness pills there for while.
Last edited by Sideslip; Nov 06, 2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
Nov 06, 2013, 11:51 AM
The sky is my playground.
Managed four flights now on 6s 6000mAh's from Glacier lipos. So for anyone worried about battery size, the 6000's seem to be fine. My flights have been pretty tame so far till I get used to the flight performance, plus the wind hasn't really be cooperating much the last couple days.
Nov 06, 2013, 11:58 AM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Managed four flights now on 6s 6000mAh's from Glacier lipos. So for anyone worried about battery size, the 6000's seem to be fine. My flights have been pretty tame so far till I get used to the flight performance, plus the wind hasn't really be cooperating much the last couple days.
6000 6S, now that's a battery. Where on earth do you buy those things. I know I shouldn't be so lazy, I should just go do a search and find 'em. But if you've got a good link, maybe some of us lazy folk could try a couple of 'em.

Quick Reply