Nov 03, 2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quique Somenzini View Post
For some of you that would like to see absolute zero pitch changes with deploy of flap at wide range airspeed .......think about using a mix throttle to pitch in top of the flap to pitch mix. Start with around 30% flap to pitch and calibrate your mixing at slow speed. Then when throttle it is advance use the mix throttle to pitch control and adjust that in multiple point mixing. Use the same flap switch as your on/off mix switch. In this way you can have from stall speed to full speed an absolutely neutral. If you using 3 position flap and you want absolute perfection in full and middle position flap, then you need 2 mixing for throttle to pitch. Again use the flap switch to control the two mixing.
See you.

Quique

Quique,

Thanks for the advice and thanks for designing the plane. It is a thing of beauty.

Quick question. What's next in your career?

Bill
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2013, 10:23 PM
My biggest passion and one of the things that I enjoy most of my life...MODEL AIRPLANES!
Nov 03, 2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
My biggest passion and one of the things that I enjoy most of my life...MODEL AIRPLANES!
QQ,

That narrows is down. Why am I not surprised.

Bill
Nov 03, 2013, 10:34 PM
FoamyFactory.com
Quote:
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for stopping by! Awesome planes (s). Good luck in your new adventures!
Nov 03, 2013, 11:07 PM
WoW!
Nov 03, 2013, 11:13 PM
Tim H.
That is the very field (Carl Henson) I maidened my CZC at last Friday afternoon. The Real Flight developer is located in Corvallis, Oregon, about 25 miles north. They added my clubs field to their program in the last upgrade.
Nov 03, 2013, 11:13 PM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp View Post
Wondering if any of you resourceful chaps that have sorted out touch-up paint would share the brand and paint code? Or better yet, post up pic of the custom label off the paint can so a bunch of us don't have to schlep giant wings into our local Lowes/Home Depot.

Cheers
Pictures of the paint containers as requested. Not sure why you don't want to take your windscreen hatch into your own Lowes. You don't have to take a big ole wing in the store.

Nov 03, 2013, 11:16 PM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
QQ,

That narrows is down. Why am I not surprised.

Bill
I'll second the WOW. I think that's pretty special. Not very often do you get the man to stop by and give out free advice.

Thanks QQ,

Bert
Nov 03, 2013, 11:36 PM
Prefers radials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip View Post
Pictures of the paint containers as requested. Not sure why you don't want to take your windscreen hatch into your own Lowes. You don't have to take a big ole wing in the store.
Right on, thanks.

I actually took the canopy/hatch in but it was determined that the amount of surface area required for perfect match is larger than the amount of blue on my canopy. They essentially need an area about the size of a quarter. To get that much, the next smallest component is the wing or fuse.

How close is your match (blue)?

Cheers
Latest blog entry: Pilot RC 40% Decathlon
Nov 03, 2013, 11:44 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with ca issues, thought the ca was bad. After using from a second bottle with no luck I pulled the rudder to try and dry it up, by the time I was done I ca everywhere, unfortunately I missed I run that ran right down the top of the plane.

I did my maiden today in 10 to 15 mph winds along with another three flights. With full flaps the landing speed was so slow you could have walked over and grabbed the plane out of the air .

I do have some questions about what I should expect from the as3x. I have the HK 3 channel gyro in a 1/5 scale H 9 cub and it is excellent. With the as3x I noticed pretty steady flight at higher speed for the wind I was flying in, but the wind had no problem sending the plane in what ever direction it felt at less then 3/4 throttle and the landings were definitely all me at slower speeds. It was nothing to have the wings pitch over to a good 45 degree angle on approaches with me correcting with both rudder and aileron.

Tomorrow I will try learning the programming to verify I'm at 80 on the gain, when checking movement on the ground I'm lucky if I can get more then a Millimeter or two total movement from any surface. At slower speeds I would think you would need a fair amount of movement, especially if it's going to help level out those really slow landings.

I'll probably have to pick up some blue touch up paint also, having wore quite a bit off the wing tips while dragging them along the ground. loved being able to do the one wheel touch and goes.
Nov 03, 2013, 11:51 PM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp View Post
Right on, thanks.

I actually took the canopy/hatch in but it was determined that the amount of surface area required for perfect match is larger than the amount of blue on my canopy. They essentially need an area about the size of a quarter. To get that much, the next smallest component is the wing or fuse.

How close is your match (blue)?

Cheers
The blue is pretty darn good. It takes a couple of coats if you are right down to white foam. But when you get the coverage it's very very close. The Gray is almost perfect. I have a real hard time telling where I painted around the battery hatch.
Nov 03, 2013, 11:57 PM
I am not a robot
OK, my Cub is all reassembled. I have to let the paint dry and give it another coat on the leading edge of the wing where "stall strip? was. It seems I might need to also sand it just a little. There seems to be just a little foam fuzz and the latex paint made it stand up, I think because I used a foam roller. Oh well.

Everything else is done. I soldered a EC5 Device connector on the ESC and rerouted the power lead for the Rx. I'm now using a Align battery strap to hold down the battery. The Scorpion was just a little long and kinda stiff.

Now if he weather will cooperate tomorrow, I might even get to fly.
Nov 04, 2013, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip View Post
OK, my Cub is all reassembled. I have to let the paint dry and give it another coat on the leading edge of the wing where "stall strip? was. It seems I might need to also sand it just a little. There seems to be just a little foam fuzz and the latex paint made it stand up, I think because I used a foam roller. Oh well.

Everything else is done. I soldered a EC5 Device connector on the ESC and rerouted the power lead for the Rx. I'm now using a Align battery strap to hold down the battery. The Scorpion was just a little long and kinda stiff.

Now if he weather will cooperate tomorrow, I might even get to fly.
Good luck and have a great maiden flight! Take pictures and video.
Nov 04, 2013, 01:46 AM
so and so and so on

QQ: Please continue and bring more and better fliers into China

I got to know QQ quit HH a few days after my maiden flight of Carbon-Z CUB. For this reason, I fly it very carefully now. My UMX Beast 3D and Visionarie have been disarmed with batteries since then and there is no plan to fly them in near future. I restarted my assembly of Pitts12 15E after that news but again before full readiness I stopped. The trigger of making them back in air is the date of next news - QQ joins another company of model airplane or he starts his own!
Nov 04, 2013, 02:27 AM
Have fun
Where did you hear this? That's heartbreaking, I need to buy up my favorite designs of his now.

Quick Reply