Nov 23, 2020, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy1k
Thanks for the ideas,all worth looking into. I'll try adding rudder but like I said it leans into the left turn that's why thinking it was aileron trim but maybe. ...gonna try to weigh it somehow and see if it's left side heavy, either way I can fly it...the thing about the gyro is it is on,not a lot compensation and not sure how to turn off to see if it does it without it on. I also fly the qq extra300 and in low rates the plane has a ton more gyro activity then the cub...if I can get a pic or video on here I will somehow.

I know it's a old post. I have exactly the same with my czc 2.1ss. Also with a bl60 470kv.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2020, 03:10 PM
Clear prop!
Had a random issue and wanted to see if anyone else has had the same this occur.

I was flying along and doing a low pass over the runway. As I started to pull out I applied throttle and got no response from the motor. It went dead and I basically had enough lift to guide into to some tall grass. When I brought it into the pits to check it out I ran it to full throttle. It went full blast but then would not respond to my input of pulling it back to idle. I had to engage throttle cut to get it to stop the motor.

After that I changed battery and let it sit for a while before taking it back up. The subsequent flight was uneventful and it didn't show those symptoms again.

ESC bad/ Radio acting weird?
Dec 30, 2020, 03:37 PM
Crazy pilot - gone insane...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloKid
Had a random issue and wanted to see if anyone else has had the same this occur.

I was flying along and doing a low pass over the runway. As I started to pull out I applied throttle and got no response from the motor. It went dead and I basically had enough lift to guide into to some tall grass. When I brought it into the pits to check it out I ran it to full throttle. It went full blast but then would not respond to my input of pulling it back to idle. I had to engage throttle cut to get it to stop the motor.

After that I changed battery and let it sit for a while before taking it back up. The subsequent flight was uneventful and it didn't show those symptoms again.

Check the connection from the ESC in to your receiver. Sounds like you might have a loose signal connection.
Dec 30, 2020, 04:22 PM
Do you have telemetry on your radio? Next time check if there was a hold before turning your Tx off. Any chance you hit low voltage cutoff while in flight? If so your motor would...cut off. Tired batteries can contribute to that.

The full throttle issue sounds real sketchy. Not sure about that one. What is your failsafe set to on your throttle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloKid

Dec 30, 2020, 06:37 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
No way to definitively diagnose the root cause from the details available. The one thing I would say it could not be is a bad connection from the RX to the ESC. A bad connection would keep the ESC from responding if it's throttled down and you attempt to throttle it up. But the ESC will shut down/failsafe if it doesn't see any signal from the RX. Throttling it up and having it get stuck there means the ESC was still seeing high throttle even though the stick had been pulled back. That would be more likely to suggest a fault of the TX or RX, not the ESC. Especially given that the motor stopped when throttle cut was activated on the TX, that would seem to indicate the TX throttle was the source of the problem. The TX signal didn't change when you retarded the throttle stick, but it did change when you activated throttle cut. Seems like the throttle stick would be most likely to blame.
Apr 29, 2021, 06:28 AM
Grass T/O and subsequent water landing. Location: Pego, Spain.
Pego float flying (1 min 30 sec)
Apr 29, 2021, 08:32 AM
I am not a robot
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBran
Grass T/O and subsequent water landing. Location: Pego, Spain.
Interesting. They sure don't need a lot of water do they.
Apr 29, 2021, 12:14 PM
Once or twice a Year the field foods, completely or partly as seen in the vid. You would not expect this in Spain, but the field is part of a river delta. As there is also rice production activity, they sometimes keep the water level, higher than we would like! But OK, every field has its problems. At least we don't have any complaining neighbors....
May 19, 2021, 01:26 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
If there is anyone local to Detroit Michigan...I will be posting a BNIB CZ Cub Pick Up Only...or send me a PM.

I had bought is as a back up.... never needed it for parts.

Time to get my original personal bird back out and burn some batteries. Miss flying this Cub.

Now Wondering of I should buy the SS since they are already out of production. Some in stock at some sellers. Love my BLUE CZC, but also like the ORANGE of the CZC SS.
May 30, 2021, 12:01 PM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX
If it's just the orange you want a rattle can of orange for $5 and a day or two's effort is much less expensive! Painted mine cream and green and am very happy with the results.

John
Jun 09, 2021, 06:59 AM
You can go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and get any color samples you like. They’re only a few bucks apiece for a jar big enough to do 20 or 30 planes. That’s what I did with this one. After getting my colors on I clear coated with a water-based polyurethane.
Jun 09, 2021, 12:47 PM
MAAC 15256
Nice!
Jun 15, 2021, 04:15 AM
FPV Enthusiast
I'm doing a Scrappy-like mod on my CZC, and I'm planning to modify it to not need wing struts - my idea is to add a second, longer spar in the wings to give them enough rigidity, and add some way of tightening the wings on the spar itself so the force isn't concentrated on the plastic wing mounts on the fuselage. Anyone tried something like this?
Jun 22, 2021, 05:38 AM
Greetings colleagues!
Everything that I will write below is just my opinion. Opinion based on my experience
flights CZC V1.
In 2019, by mistake, I almost lost my CZC V1 and yes! The plane can be restored and given the role of a coach for my flights and my numbers.
In the same year, I wrote my last posts on page 1491 and now, almost two years have passed when in the same year I bought a new CZC V2. Unfortunately, due to the epidemic, I received my new plane only in March 2021. Not much time has passed
before I vacated my workshop and started at the first stage to inspect and then to assemble the CZC V2. But at the initial stage, I decided to look and read your posts about the new version of the aircraft. So, let's begin.
Reality and myths of the new CZC V2.
Jason M. (sponsor). Quotes.
"We're definitely not perfect, but it's a shame that so many people seem to think that we don't know what a great plane is ... and sometimes how to make it even better."
“And in the end, the Carbon-Z Cub SS is a big improvement over the original Carbon-Z Cub. Is she perfect in every way? Not for everyone ... but is any plane ever perfect in every way for everyone? "
So. Let's see what has changed in the new aircraft.
Eureka!!! We made a new chassis (it's good that we left the opportunity to install the old chassis). New wing fixing screws! And what was bad about the old version of fixing the wings !? You still have to use a hex screwdriver to install the tail unit GO AND ...!
HORNS and HOOFS appeared - antenki. And how much are they needed and what is their useful function - ZERO !? Further.
And what has changed in the fuselage, fixing the wings, tail, which I wrote in detail about in my posts? And what has changed with the VMG and what did your colleagues write? Nothing changed.
Dear Jason M. (sponsor). I understand you perfectly! Why answer and do something for a distant and mysterious country. "Not for all ..."
You haven't done anything even for your main consumers.
"But is any plane ever perfect in every way for everyone?"
But you can make an "excellent" advertisement and put it on sale under the nickname "NEW"
Colleagues! I wrote only my opinion, based on my experience of communication and flying blue CZC V1.
Write your opinion, both positive and negative.
Thanks for attention.

With all respect, Andrew.

P.S. If there are problems with the text (read), it is not my fault.
Translated by an automatic translator.
Jun 23, 2021, 05:54 AM
Greetings colleagues!
If you criticize a product, you need to answer why.
All that I will write below is my personal experience of flying the CZC V1 and operating this aircraft. Let's start.
1) VMG aircraft.
Of the four engines that were replaced for various reasons on two engines during flights, the magnets peeled off and what I immediately noticed was the ringing or rattling sound of the engine operating under different flight modes. I have tried all the options (replacing the engine, gluing all the fastening seams frames for fixing the engine, checking the balance of the screw, checking the runout of the adapter collet for fixing the screw and the result! Everything remained as it was.
And it still remains on the new CZC V2. You wrote this in your posts.
Bottom line. From my point of view, it is necessary to change the engine from another manufacturer and set the regulator not to 60A, but to 80A and +. It would be nice to have a controller programming card on sale.
2) Wings.
In my posts, I wrote that after intense flights, I noticed that the wing began to slightly protrude from the fuselage groove. This issue was solved by installing another carbon tube along the leading edge. This removed significant stress on the leading edge of the wing. Further.
Many were faced with the fact that after landing the plane on an asphalt runway. The plane fell on one of the wings and there are many reasons for that. After such touches, the wing edge was damaged. The treatment is very simple. Installed a strip of plastic (commercially available). By the way. Replaced the fixing of the struts with a screw + nut. There were moments when these struts vibrated from the incoming air flow. Further.
New (new) wing.
Until I do the reinforcement along the leading edge of the wing. We need to see how the wing will react after intense flights.
You made the winglets and that's great, because on V1 at low flight speeds you had to be careful, otherwise, stall and spin.
What happens to the winglets when they touch an asphalt runway? Right! Over time, it will have to be repaired.
And now a question for Jason M. Why did you and your team not consider that these winglets could be removed during transport or replaced after damage? I removed, installed or replaced two screws.
It would be nice if there was spray paint in the additional parts of the plane, and it is the one in which the plane is painted. By the way. I wrote about this earlier on V1.
3) Horizontal and vertical tail.
The horizontal tail (GO), which has a sufficiently large area, has a sufficiently large load and a carbon tube is placed to remove this load. During intensive flights, I noticed that part of the GO bends. To relieve this load, I put the carbon tube 200mm longer, adding 100mm on each side. To put such a tube, I drilled-lengthened holes in two halves of the GO.
Vertical tail (VO). In one of the flights, e CZC V1 vomited IN !!!
With great difficulty, I managed to return the plane that was moving away from me. After that, I replaced the mailar loops with herringbone loops and modified the fixing-fixation at the bottom of the PH. Adding another mount at the bottom and fixing with a screw + nut.
Now let's look at the RN and what has changed for the better.
WITHOUT CHANGES! Everything as it was, stood on V1 and remained !!!
4) There were comments on the tires on the V1, with regards to the control of the aircraft on an asphalt runway. As you can see, the tires were replaced but how good they are
on an asphalt runway. Time will show.
5) About horns and hooves OH! Sorry - I wrote antennas in the previous post. As for the cogs, I also wrote.
Let's summarize what I said and wrote above. As you can see, 90% of the plane remained as it was, and the changes were made. Changed the characteristics of the aircraft a little.
Colleagues! All that I wrote above is just my opinion and my experience of dealing with this nevertheless wonderful aircraft.
On July 3, if everything goes well, I will go on flights, where I will lift the CZC V2 into the sky. If it is interesting for you, I will write my impressions.
Thank you for reading to the end. I hope that my additions will help someone.

With all respect, Andrew.

Quick Reply