Jan 21, 2018, 04:47 PM
You might get what you pay for
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Good luck and wear a hat cam.
Thanks and forgot the hat cam unfortunately. What a learning lesson, but was really fun! The problem came with the last flight. Friends were running their boats and really liked the plane a lot. However, due to how the area to run from is situated, the wind was to my back. Had to do takeoffs with the wind. Landings were great coming straight into the boat ramp against the wind. Last flight was taxiing out and a rougue gust of wind flipped it right over. Got the rescue boat out and they brought it back for me. Didn't see any water inside so I plugged the esc back in and went to give it another go when the motor started stuttering and smoke was on it's way out of the fuse. Got the battery disconnected and that was the end of my day. I'll waterproof the next esc.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2018, 04:48 PM
Some pics from today
Jan 21, 2018, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodrvr
Thanks and forgot the hat cam unfortunately. What a learning lesson, but was really fun! The problem came with the last flight. Friends were running their boats and really liked the plane a lot. However, due to how the area to run from is situated, the wind was to my back. Had to do takeoffs with the wind. Landings were great coming straight into the boat ramp against the wind. Last flight was taxiing out and a rougue gust of wind flipped it right over. Got the rescue boat out and they brought it back for me. Didn't see any water inside so I plugged the esc back in and went to give it another go when the motor started stuttering and smoke was on it's way out of the fuse. Got the battery disconnected and that was the end of my day. I'll waterproof the next esc.
Sounds pretty eventful. Electronics are replaceable. Congrats.
Jan 21, 2018, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Sounds pretty eventful. Electronics are replaceable. Congrats.
Thanks man, it was a blast!! Now I really can't wait to get building the H9 carbon cub I bought.
Jan 21, 2018, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Thanks man, it was a blast!! Now I really can't wait to get building the H9 carbon cub I bought.
Addictive, isnít it?
Jan 21, 2018, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Addictive, isnít it?
It is! Besides the CZC and the soon to be built H9 CC, I also have an Eflite Apprentice, T-28, Freewing F-86, Align trex 500 fbl pro, Losi DBXL, TFL Bronco scaler, and 5 boats from electric to gas. Need to sell some because my little apartment can't handle all this stuff lol.
Jan 21, 2018, 09:30 PM
Gravity is weak but persistant
Quote:
Good luck and wear a hat cam.
My advice would be to concentrate on the flying and leave the "cams" at home until you are comfortable.

GoPros & fob cams are the 21st century equivalent of "hold my beer and watch this"
Jan 21, 2018, 11:27 PM
ha! Hold my beer and watch this. Too funny
Jan 22, 2018, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie P (NY)
My advice would be to concentrate on the flying and leave the "cams" at home until you are comfortable.

GoPros & fob cams are the 21st century equivalent of "hold my beer and watch this"
I try to video all of my outings. Once the cam is on and the hat is on your head, there's nothing left to think about except the flight.
Jan 22, 2018, 09:39 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie P (NY)

In skydiving, "hold my beer and watch this" is usually the prelude to an ambulance ride to the nearest ER.
Jan 25, 2018, 07:36 PM
All aboard Flight 666
Ok, if you’re dumb like me and replace these godawful flap servos with the same ones from eflite, AND you’re dumb enough to throw the servo arm away with the bad servo, I found the solution:

EFL1008021 is a servo arm for the Carbon Z Yak

The new servo does not come with the correct arm, the arm is not listed under the parts for the CZC, and none of eflite‘s notes show the arm is compatible with this servo, so finding this was a challenge, but it’s it
Last edited by grant22; Jan 25, 2018 at 08:44 PM.
Jan 25, 2018, 07:53 PM
Well use to be two different size splines 23 25 tooth Futaba or jr/hitec don't quote me on teeth count so u can go from there or do as u did
Jan 26, 2018, 11:37 AM
There is Victory in the Lord!
Quote:
I'm not sure how much you're going to like the H9 CC... I hated mine. After owning the Carbon Z Cub and falling in love with how it flew, the H9 CC is the same size, and looks dang good, but nearly TWICE the flying weight. It just flies like crap compared to the CZC.

With that said, I hope you do like yours. Just know that it won't fly anywhere near the same. It flies heavy, and tip stalls easily, and lands long. Nothing Cub like about it.
Jan 26, 2018, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63
I'm not sure how much you're going to like the H9 CC... I hated mine. After owning the Carbon Z Cub and falling in love with how it flew, the H9 CC is the same size, and looks dang good, but nearly TWICE the flying weight. It just flies like crap compared to the CZC.

With that said, I hope you do like yours. Just know that it won't fly anywhere near the same. It flies heavy, and tip stalls easily, and lands long. Nothing Cub like about it.
Well that sucks!!! What did you have in it for power? The H9 will be a lot of firsts for me...balsa plane that will actually fly (I've assembled 3 arf's years ago and none got off the ground), twin gas engine, electronic ignition...and am looking forward to it. And I dropped a lot on everything sitting here too. Just two of the things are the float set, PR Bushwheels tires and suspenion shocks. For me, I'm just looking to get away from all these foam planes I have. Not digging electric power either.
Jan 26, 2018, 12:15 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
Quote:
Well that sucks!!! What did you have in it for power? The H9 will be a lot of firsts for me...balsa plane that will actually fly (I've assembled 3 arf's years ago and none got off the ground), twin gas engine, electronic ignition...and am looking forward to it. And I dropped a lot on everything sitting here too. Just two of the things are the float set, PR Bushwheels tires and suspenion shocks. For me, I'm just looking to get away from all these foam planes I have. Not digging electric power either.
Mine was setup with the electric power system. It had plenty of power. It was just too heavy for me :/ BUT, it sounds like your setup will be fun none the less! Those PR shocks and tires will make a big difference. It needs it. Stock shocks were crap. I upgraded the tires on mine while I had it, and it helped a bit, but it still needed the shocks. And when it's on floats you won't care about STOL performance as much.

I guess I'm just a fanatic for Scale performance and STOL performance. It still flies, and flies just fine. Just not up to my own standards. I guess I spoke too harshly because I had too high of expectations towards its flying performance. Just don't expect it to fly like the Carbon Z Cub and I'm sure you'll love it.

Quick Reply