Oct 31, 2013, 08:25 PM
Mobyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp
I'm actually more concerned about the quality of the foam and paint, than the assembly/disassembly of the wings. In fact, on my wings you can actually see the finger indentations presumably made when warm wing was pulled from mold. Then I chipped the paint with the slightest rub of soldering iron power cord while changing to Deans.

I can foresee lots of 'hanger rash' getting this size plane to and from the fly field.

Cheers
I got a bit of hanger rash -- thinning of paint on top of one wing -- just getting mine out of the box. But WTH, it's a bush plane, right? Gonna have a few marks and dings on it. I'll see what Lowes can do to match the paint. Otherwise everything looks good and I'm looking forward to the screw size guide posting on the HH website. Can't print the one posted here.
I'll have this thing together this weekend....
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1indse7
E-flite already has a Go-Pro mount engineered for the Cub... Check it out on the Horizon website!
Johnson Future floor shine is pure water based acrylic. It can be brushed on with a foam brush. Best part is typical bottle costs less than $10 and will last you years. You can remove it with an ammonia solution. Great stuff. Train guys have been using it for years to protect and seal in the waterslide decals on trains. Of course, it has a gloss because it is pure acrylic. I also use it to thin acrylic paints for air brushing. Consider this post a hot tip you can impress your friends with at the flying field when they ask how nice you plane looks.

Oct 31, 2013, 08:37 PM
Same Day Delivery
Why not just a thinned down coat of good old water based polyurethane, Matt or semi gloss.
Oct 31, 2013, 08:38 PM
Great suggestions...thanks
Oct 31, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mines faster than your's
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp
Gas in a foam airframe? Really?

Why not? I bet there is an Evolution 10cc or so engine that would be perfect for it. I was thinking about it but decided to do fpv instead...
Oct 31, 2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3976
Why not just a thinned down coat of good old water based polyurethane, Matt or semi gloss.
It tends to color shift whereas the Future stays neutral. Ask me how I know? Answer, I have used both.
Oct 31, 2013, 08:44 PM
Mobyal
I have a set of 1/4 scale Cub wheels left over from my H9 1/4 Super Cub. Think I'll see how they fit look. Real wheels w/ real rubber....
Oct 31, 2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasredrider
Why not? I bet there is an Evolution 10cc or so engine that would be perfect for it. I was thinking about it but decided to do fpv instead...
Guess you havent seen gas and foam mix before. You would end up with a Carbon Z puddle....
Oct 31, 2013, 08:56 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers
Guess you havent seen gas and foam mix before. You would end up with a Carbon Z puddle....
That would depend on the foam actually. EPP is basically immune to everything. I just don't know if the Horizon foam is or not.

I have a 10CC evolution sitting here so I could do it pretty easily. Its really only good up to about a 12 inch prop though and the 20cc is good for a 16 inch prop.
Oct 31, 2013, 09:15 PM
FoamyFactory.com
This is why I want a real one... I REALLY need to go get my tail dragger endorsement

www.californiacubs.com (0 min 38 sec)
Oct 31, 2013, 09:56 PM
Flys Good!

Does Callie have Stickers for windows yet?
Oct 31, 2013, 10:06 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H.
This is why I want a real one... I REALLY need to go get my tail dragger endorsement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJsR01ZS5Q#t=11
If you lived closer I would ask for a partnership I've loved carbon cubs since they first started making them.
Oct 31, 2013, 10:06 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW
Flys Good!

That's colorful! Are you going to go fly in Lynx lake or Goldwater Lake with some floats?
Oct 31, 2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW
Flys Good!

Looks great. I need to get one and paint it like Jim's.
Oct 31, 2013, 10:08 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Johnson Future floor shine is pure water based acrylic. It can be brushed on with a foam brush. Best part is typical bottle costs less than $10 and will last you years. You can remove it with an ammonia solution. Great stuff. Train guys have been using it for years to protect and seal in the waterslide decals on trains. Of course, it has a gloss because it is pure acrylic. I also use it to thin acrylic paints for air brushing. Consider this post a hot tip you can impress your friends with at the flying field when they ask how nice you plane looks.

Its funny you mention this stuff. I heard on another thread how good this stuff was. I ordered two bottles on-line. Cost about $18 shipped about 1 weeks ago. I looked under our sink for a fly swatter and found a brand new bottle of this stuff in my house. I had no clue I had it. Great! Now I have 3 bottles.

Quick Reply