Oct 30, 2013, 04:06 PM
TroubleLanding
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawkdc
so which one is right,, outer or inner
I went with what page 14 says (inner) and have flown it a couple times that way. Seems to work fine.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Fatigue View Post
Page 9 of manual shows rudder ball link on inner hole but it states it goes in outermost hole. Normally wouldn't care but it might affect as3x?? Thanks in advance.

Follow the Control Horn and Servo Arm Settings on page 14 of the manual for the correct pushrod location on the control horns.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Oct 30, 2013, 04:16 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Fatigue View Post
Page 9 of manual shows rudder ball link on inner hole but it states it goes in outermost hole. Normally wouldn't care but it might affect as3x?? Thanks in advance.

Follow the Control Horn and Servo Arm Settings on page 14 of the manual for the correct pushrod location on the control horns.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Matt, how about a program for us DX8 users. Wasn't the whole point of the DX8 website was to give us updates for it and for new plane programs?
Oct 30, 2013, 04:19 PM
I am not a robot
Yeah Matt....help an old guy out here...please!
Oct 30, 2013, 04:28 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Has anyone from Horizon put up a list of what fasteners go where? Honestly.... I am happy to guess but folks have guessed wrong and damaged parts.
Oct 30, 2013, 04:31 PM
Living the dream in BrisVegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Has anyone from Horizon put up a list of what fasteners go where? Honestly.... I am happy to guess but folks have guessed wrong and damaged parts.
post #1946.....
Oct 30, 2013, 04:38 PM
Sucker for biplanes
Has anyone flown this plane on a non AS3X receiver. I could not get my hands on a BNF, so I got a PNP. I have regular Spektrum receivers and a DX7. I think the flap and elevator mixing will work on my DX7 same as for the high/low rate. Should I order the ar635? Not sure how much of an advantage it would be?
Oct 30, 2013, 04:57 PM
dannylooper
So it says to use no EXPO

Is that right?
Oct 30, 2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloosee
Is there a DX8 set up file?
I have the one I set up on my radio if you want it
Oct 30, 2013, 05:09 PM
Wingman II
I got to fly my buddy's today. I'm impressed with the overall flight characteristics of the plane. I got about 3- 5 minute pulls on it. The only thing I wasn't impressed with were the role rates. A little lacking for my taste even with the throw set to the max. I don't expect the tires to hold up long either,, nor the landing gear fairings. Just my opinion. Running on a 6s 5000mah and a 6s 3300mah, you could definitely feel the extra weight of the 5000mah. but still fun to fly. Hovering is a little sluggish with the 5000mah. I'm thinking the sweet spot for the plane would be anything from the 3300-4000 range.
Oct 30, 2013, 05:10 PM
Just. Keep. Flying.
My PNP version just shipped, and it's due here on friday I can't wait. The only thing I need still is a battery. Any suggestions? Or does anyone know the battery compartment dimensions?
Oct 30, 2013, 05:15 PM
FoamyFactory.com
Great review srzeppu! Sounds like it's exactly what I thought it would be. I have several 3DHS planes and I knew it wouldn't be a Bigfoot... However, a fun bush plane that can hover and torque roll will fit the bill.
Oct 30, 2013, 05:19 PM
FoamyFactory.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_H
My PNP version just shipped, and it's due here on friday I can't wait. The only thing I need still is a battery. Any suggestions? Or does anyone know the battery compartment dimensions?
approx. W 2.75" x H 2.25" L 6.5+" My Glacier 6s 45C 5000mah fits with room to spare. My Glacier pack is 2 x 1.75 x 6.25.
Oct 30, 2013, 06:06 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
I have the one I set up on my radio if you want it
Can you post it?
Oct 30, 2013, 06:15 PM
are anyone else's vortex generator plastic strips not straight? Mine are all warped. So much that you cannot line them up with the recess in the wing.

Quick Reply