Oct 29, 2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuddee
Hey Thanks, I'll try that.
Also make sure when you mount your struts to wings not to tighten them down to much. The book states just enuff so they can pivot freely
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2013, 09:41 AM
Hi, I can't wait to recieve mine...should have it in a couple of weeks! Can some of you that allready recieved tha Carbon-Z Cub post pictures showing the size of the plane holding it in your hands....and we need flight videos! Thanks to all....
Oct 29, 2013, 10:03 AM
Keep Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa P
I don't have a video camera, and I still use a dumb phone. I am one of the " Grampa" flyers.
I hear ya papa p .my phone is one step above a 2 cans and a string,i can leave it anywhere no one will take it,they might feel sorry and give me money for a new one,LOL
glad to see your having fun with the cub and throwing it around abit,and it holding up fine,all reports build my confidence in buying one.

Ron
Oct 29, 2013, 10:11 AM

pictures

Post #1073 & 1173 person with plane
Vid of real one on floats major reason I am getting it. Post #1106
Wheel size pictures post #'s 1497, 1590,1593, & 1742.
On the bench picture post#1659
Oct 29, 2013, 10:29 AM
Keep Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbow
Post #1073 & 1173 person with plane
Vid of real one on floats major reason I am getting it. Post #1106
Wheel size pictures post #'s 1497, 1590,1593, & 1742.
On the bench picture post#1659
Yea man that post of the cubcrafters real deal on floats is sweet,if i come back in the next life rich instead of handsome i would love to buy one,LOL
i just want to see some of the rc group members ringing this thing out instead of QQ,nothing against QQ but it be nice to see a raw unedited maiden or someone laying into it, thanks for the info

Ron
Oct 29, 2013, 10:29 AM

Carbon-Z Cub Screw sizes and Locations

Hey all,

I went through the airplane and documented where the screws go in the plane.

Sorry for the confusion and this should help making it an easier build.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Oct 29, 2013, 10:32 AM
Keep Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
Hey all,

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Hey Matt

Great job,i was a little apprehensive about this screw deal when i get one,now this will make it a snap,

Ron
Oct 29, 2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
Hey all,

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Thanks for taking the time to help Matt, were there letters on the Bags? If so can it be easily added to your pictures. This is going to save a lot of time thanks again.
Oct 29, 2013, 11:18 AM
Philippians 4:13
Hey guys... where's the videos of this bird in the sky? I mean the real videos of you all that have this beauty? Come on! I don't have the funds to purchase one so I need to satisfy my need by watching you fly yours :-)
Oct 29, 2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks matt!!!!!!!
Oct 29, 2013, 11:29 AM
Prefers radials
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440
Hey Matt

Great job,i was a little apprehensive about this screw deal when i get one,now this will make it a snap,

Ron
+1 - huge thanks!
Latest blog entry: Pilot RC 40% Decathlon
Oct 29, 2013, 11:40 AM
Looks like the GoPro mount is a little bit back ordered, my LHS is showing it should be in by 4/28/2014 lol
Oct 29, 2013, 12:10 PM

Wholesale Trains cancellation policy is unreasonable

As a first time customer who did not receive my order for a preordered Carbon Z Cub from Wholesale Trains in the first shipment (preordered #4 only 3 shipped from Horizon). I was told if I cancelled by pre-order they would charge my credit card 15%. I think this will be first and last time I will ever order from them. So, consider this a warning. Advance or preorders will cost you if the manufacturers delay their shipments for months and months and you want to cancel your preorder.

For me, I can wait until end of November. That's fine, but Wholesale Trains is unreasonable. I even contacted Eclipse_7 and told him I would take his plane if he canceled since I am next in line in the pre-order lineup at Wholesale Trains, but it appears if he cancels they will STILL charge him 15% even if it would only mean to change the shipping label and charge my credit card. I confirmed this with "Becky" who is self proclaimed management at Lantz / Wholesale Trains hobby shop.

It appears as though their business model at Wholesale Trains thrives on restocking fees. If you google Wholesale Trains reviews you get numerous posts about how "in stock" items turned into pre-ordered items when orders failed to ship and when the customer cancels an order they failed to deliver in a timely manner they charge a restocking fee for a product they don't have in stock. Pretty big pair of cahonies they have there at Wholesale Trains. The operate under the business name also of Lantz Hobbies in Horsehead NY. Stay away. I let Horizon Support know of their business practices of charging restock fees for products they don't have in stock or products that someone else wants and was willing to relinquish his place in line to the next guy who wants to buy. Interesting business model. It is almost like buying something for a penny on ebay and being charged the real sales price in the shipping costs.
Last edited by Prof100; Oct 29, 2013 at 01:45 PM.
Oct 29, 2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa P
Also make sure when you mount your struts to wings not to tighten them down to much. The book states just enuff so they can pivot freely
Thanks, will do.

Quick Question. Where are you placing your CG? Are you using the recommended distance of 120mm?
Oct 29, 2013, 12:13 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
Sounds like a fresh version of Hobby King.... Great prices terrible service. Buyer beware.

-J

Quick Reply