Sep 05, 2013, 04:29 AM
Thread OP
New Product

E-Flite Carbon-Z Cub

Like the look of this

Overview

The E-flite® Carbon-Z® Cub aircraft is the first to offer patented Carbon-Z strength and rigidity in a giant-scale package. Like the full-scale Cub Crafters Carbon Cub SS airplane, this ultra-lightweight model by World Aerobatic Champion Quique Somenzini is astonishingly versatile whether your intention is to cruise gracefully or surprise scale admirers with envelope busting aerobatics. Its Carbon-Z structure has been molded with all the detail you’d expect from a traditional model, but you get the popular benefit of weight savings plus maintenance ease. Despite the size, this giant-scale model disassembles quickly into compact parts you can transport in almost any vehicle.

Based on a platform known for its legendary versatility, the Carbon-Z Cub makes giant scale so simple—now even more RC pilots can go big. Its enormous Tundra wheels tackle just about any terrain you choose to romp from, or you can easily mount the optional Carbon-Z Cub Float Set so no RC adventure boundaries stand in your way. A mechanism is included for towing sailplanes with wingspans as large as 3-meters and there’s even an optional camera mount so you can take one-of-a-kind images from a bird’s eye view. Even if you get carried away, the Carbon-Z structure is easy to repair.

A major part of what makes this giant scale icon so versatile is the control innovation package included as standard equipment such as the digital, metal-gear servos, and slop-free ball-link hardware. Because the included flaps are functional, greater control at low airspeeds is possible in addition to the ability to significantly shorten takeoff and landing distances.

Although this aircraft may look tame, its brushless power system has been specially chosen to offer incredible muscle to take full advantage of its multi-purpose potential. But if the ultimate Carbon-Z Cub experience is what you’re after, then you’ll want to install the extraordinary Spektrum™ AR635 6-channel AS3X® Sport DSMX® receiver (sold separately). An all in one unit, its AS3X System will allow you to experience agility beyond the immensely popular Cub form, deliver enhanced stability and a feeling of control that’s always crisp and natural. The 6-channel aircraft transmitter you choose should at least have adjustable dual rates and expo. For your convenience, the power system and battery compartment can accommodate a wide range of 6S Li-Po configurations.

Product Specifications

Wingspan: 84.6 in (215 cm)
Overall Length: 55.8 in (142 cm)
Wing Area: 1100 sq. in. (71.0 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 8.15 lb (3.70 kg)
Motor Size: 50-size brushless outrunner (installed)
Radio: 6+ channel radio system (required)
Servos: (4) 26-gram MG mini servos, (2) 13-gram micro servos (installed)
CG (center of gravity): 4.72 in (120mm) back from leading edge of wing
Wing Loading: 17 oz/sq ft
Prop Size: 15 x 15.5 Electric (included)
Spinner Size: 2.64 in (67mm)
Speed Control : 60-amp brushless (installed)
Recommended Battery: 22.2V 6S 3200mAh LiPo (requierd)
Flaps: Yes
Retracts: No
Approx. Flying Duration: 7 minutes
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes

- 6+ channel full-range programmable transmitter
- 6+ channel full-range receiver
- 22.V 6S 3200mAh LiPo flight battery
- Charger for flight battery

Optional Accessories:
- Float set (EFL1045017)
- Camera mount (1045023)
- Tow release sevo

Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Sep 05, 2013 at 05:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2013, 05:36 AM
NCFR !!!
Looks cool...... hmmm
Sep 05, 2013, 06:26 AM
Plastic Buddha
Chuck, always the bearer of good news! Thanks for posting. A Giant RTF foamie Cub? NICE!
Sep 05, 2013, 06:34 AM
NCFR !!!
Just saw the video on HH
Hovering with the floats on was cool
oh and it pulled up 2 small sailplanes too

Should be here toward the end of September

float set??

looks like there is a typo of some kind for the float set
- (EFL1045017) says its the left float

i think it's actually this # EFL1045016
Last edited by JRjoe; Sep 05, 2013 at 07:00 AM.
Sep 05, 2013, 06:58 AM
NCFR !!!
video link is on this page:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...b-pnp-EFL10475
Sep 05, 2013, 07:12 AM
This one definitely has my name on it! Already sent the pre-order request to the LHS. Thanks for the info Chuck!
Sep 05, 2013, 07:17 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Due end of October.
Sep 05, 2013, 07:24 AM
NCFR !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Due end of October.
I hear end of September
But, OK
Last edited by JRjoe; Sep 05, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
Sep 05, 2013, 07:28 AM
Very, very nice...just a bit big for my taste! Is there a chance that someting in the middle between the UM and this monster will be released? 1200-1400 WS would be nice. Anway, can't wait to see a video...btw, the one on the page seems locked right now.

cheers
Uwe
Sep 05, 2013, 07:32 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRjoe
I believe 9/25 would be end of September
And wherever you see 9/25 it's wrong. There was a late change in the estimated release date and some marketing material must not have been updated.
Sep 05, 2013, 07:33 AM
...a little teaser!

Carbon Cubs In Flight (3 min 7 sec)

cheers
Uwe
Sep 05, 2013, 07:35 AM
NCFR !!!
My bad then

No matter what it's on my list .
Sep 05, 2013, 07:45 AM
Electric Coolhunter
A very interesting product, Dave. Ought to do very well! If my credit card cools off from other Horizon stuff I have bought lately by October, I might have to have one...

Kudos to the design and product team up there.
Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
Sep 05, 2013, 08:17 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
And here's a direct link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GmwGpgwehXU
Sep 05, 2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Due end of October.
Strange thing is even on the new HH facebook post about plane they are saying it will be shipping in a couple weeks.

Quick Reply