Dec 26, 2013, 04:02 PM
WTN
WTN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmeadow
Sorry, I thought you had a problem with removing the glue itself... With disassembly of the lens I don't have experience yet....
Well it just arrived. Showed up with the prop guard and the tool to remove the props.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2013, 07:40 AM
Working to make things happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTN
I am still having a heck of a time removing the wide angle lens from the 808 #16 D lens assembly that I ordered. I need to know where to remove the glue. My lens assembly has the CCD module and wire cable on one end and the lens on the other. They are joined by a short barrel that is threaded on the outside. I assume, but cannot really see that the lens has a short barrel that is threaded on the inside - and that screws into the barrel that has threads on the outside? I haved picked off a lot of glue based on that assumption, but it will not budge. I was going to resort to pliers but I do not think this should be that difficult. BTW - Still waiting on the X4, so any clues as how to remove the lens from it's HD camera would be appreciated.

Ordered the X4 from BG on 12/04, plus the prop guard, an extra 500mah battery and spare blades. The X4 shipped 12/06 and the other stuff was split into two other orders. I only found this out after a "chat" session. I do not know if I will ever see this thing.
You will want to remove the entire barrel assembly for reuse in the C HD. I have accidentally removed the lenses themselves, and it was a pain to get them back in, and without smudges. That is not a route you want to go. My 808 #16 just had some glue on it that once I picked way allowed the barrel part of the lens to unscrew with no issues.
Dec 27, 2013, 10:01 AM
WTN
WTN
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm
You will want to remove the entire barrel assembly for reuse in the C HD. I have accidentally removed the lenses themselves, and it was a pain to get them back in, and without smudges. That is not a route you want to go. My 808 #16 just had some glue on it that once I picked way allowed the barrel part of the lens to unscrew with no issues.
I understand that I have to remove the entire barrel assembly. When you removed yours did it screw into the CCD or did it screw into the tube that has threads on the outside. I am trying to figure out the exact point where it unscrews, so I can remove the glue from the correct location.
Dec 27, 2013, 05:18 PM
Hi all,

What's the best SD Card size and class to use, and brand if it does make a difference?

What are the X4 107C size limits?

Thanks.

David
Dec 27, 2013, 09:57 PM
I use a sandisk class 10 32gb sd card and so far it works great. Got it on cyber monday for $16
Dec 27, 2013, 10:51 PM
GOT WINGS
I ordered a hubsan 107c on November 19th from TMart. It shipped the same day using Swedish post. With discount I paid about $40 for it. Finally showed up in NY by USPS tracking on 12/26 - 37 days so far. I had hoped to get it by Christmas, but maybe I'll have it next week. Placed another order for parts from TMart on Nov. 29th. It did not ship until 12/12, showed up in LA, USPS tracking 12/27 - 28 days total, 15 days from ship date. It was shipped China post. Both orders include lithium batteries. The longest I have waited for an order before I believe was 28 days. Shipping from China is wierd. This will be my first hubsan product, I have read this entire thread and keep up with it. Thought someone might be interested in my shipping story. Will report my impressions after I recieve it and have a chance to fly it a bit.
Dec 27, 2013, 11:41 PM
Is there a different variation of the H107c HD?

I ordered mine from China a few weeks ago. I also ordered 4-motors and a blade guard, which I got today. When I went to put it on it didn't fit. It appears the motors on the Quad are larger then the replacement motors and the prop guard.

I'm kinda disappointed now that I'm stuck with these parts that won't fit. Not to mention how to I specify the correct parts next time.

Here's a picture with the new motor next to the quad.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1388205646.193057.jpg
Views: 109
Size: 306.8 KB
Description:
Dec 27, 2013, 11:58 PM
Micro Quad Flyer
The motors on the H107C and H107D are larger than the ones on the H107 and H107L, to provide the extra lift required by the cameras. You need a C prop guard and spare motor.
Dec 28, 2013, 12:37 AM
GOT WINGS
The H107L and previous X4 models use 7 x 20mm motors and that prop guard will fit them. The H107C and D use 8.5 x 20mm motors. People have suggested using V959 or V222 motors as replacements, they might be stronger, but you would have to remove plugs and pinions. Someone might be interested in taking those motors and the prop guard off your hands, or you could get a bnf H107L that you could use them on.
Dec 28, 2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the clarification fellas. I went back and looked at those two orders and they do indeed say for the H107. So I ordered the correct ones on banggood. I guess I'll try and sell them on here in the meantime.
Dec 28, 2013, 12:44 AM
blue moon with an orange slice
just to be sure...is this the hd camera replacement..?
http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-X4-H1...-p-912169.html
Dec 28, 2013, 12:48 AM
GOT WINGS
popdada, that looks like the hd camera to me, they have a seperate listing for the sd camera on banggood.
Dec 28, 2013, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieninsac
Thanks for the clarification fellas. I went back and looked at those two orders and they do indeed say for the H107. So I ordered the correct ones on banggood. I guess I'll try and sell them on here in the meantime.
You have to make sure the props and guard are for the H107C not H107L.
Dec 28, 2013, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada
just to be sure...is this the hd camera replacement..?
http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-X4-H1...-p-912169.html
Hmm, they jacked up the price -- it was $25, I believe. I strongly recommend the Value Pack from hobbywow for $31.59 instead. It includes the HD camera and lots of other useful stuff. I got one for myself and one for my son, and the camera is definitely a big improvement over the SD model:
http://www.hobbywow.com/en-preoder-v...38-p234941.htm
Dec 28, 2013, 05:38 AM
the quad is beautiful toy but as camera platrom it's soso. direct drive is much less efficient then geared and on brushed motors it's too much difference. battaries that I would throw away if I only had x4 work fine on all my geared quads. and if compare X4 with v202 the frame is heavier and dinstance b/n props is shorter (that also reduces power). that's why they solder motor wires to board not make plugs as with plugs this one would probably unable to take off.

Quick Reply