Dec 09, 2013, 11:48 AM
i receveid mine.
Night test this evening !
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2013, 12:21 PM
I'm considering buying the iMAX B6 battery charger for my H107C. First off, is this a good charger? Secondly, I understand I need a cable adapter to connect to this charger. I've seen the ones with 5 leads. Will this charger charge all 5 batteries equally if I get one of those leads?

Also, would this charger be able to charge DJI Phantom batteries? Eventually that's the quad I'd like to get.
Dec 09, 2013, 01:38 PM
Micro Quad Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontan
So my kids and I have been stuck in the house for the last two days after the Dallas area all but shut down from the ice storm that hit Thursday night.

Turns out the X4 is the perfect cure for cabin fever! Check out this little video I made which includes footage of the 30 ft. oak tree that is currently sitting in our pool after being felled by the storm:

http://youtu.be/pPBe0w2RZQ4
Nice video. Is that the HD version of the H104C or the SD version?
Dec 09, 2013, 01:52 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieninsac
I'm considering buying the iMAX B6 battery charger for my H107C. First off, is this a good charger? Secondly, I understand I need a cable adapter to connect to this charger. I've seen the ones with 5 leads. Will this charger charge all 5 batteries equally if I get one of those leads?

Also, would this charger be able to charge DJI Phantom batteries? Eventually that's the quad I'd like to get.
I own two of them (so I think they're good chargers )

You can charge 1 to 5 with those leads. Just add mAh per battery.

It will charge the Phantom's batteries.
Dec 09, 2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
I own two of them (so I think they're good chargers )

You can charge 1 to 5 with those leads. Just add mAh per battery.

It will charge the Phantom's batteries.
Thanks, I just wanted confirmation before I ordered one.
Dec 09, 2013, 02:22 PM
Working to make things happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontan
So my kids and I have been stuck in the house for the last two days after the Dallas area all but shut down from the ice storm that hit Thursday night.

Turns out the X4 is the perfect cure for cabin fever! Check out this little video I made which includes footage of the 30 ft. oak tree that is currently sitting in our pool after being felled by the storm:

http://youtu.be/pPBe0w2RZQ4
That isn't Granbury, is it? That house out your front door looks almost exactly like my Uncle's house. It is probably a pretty standard layout though.
Dec 09, 2013, 05:33 PM
Certifiable
Where can I get the HD/2MP cam version from a US seller?
Dec 09, 2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor
Where can I get the HD/2MP cam version from a US seller?
We have had samples in and have been testing for a few weeks now (they fly and film very nice) We have a big shipment of the new 2MP on order, although I don't have an ETA they should arrive very soon, an email will go out to everyone who is signed up on the list on our website and we will try to post on the forums.
Dec 09, 2013, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadBert
Nice video. Is that the HD version of the H104C or the SD version?
Thanks. It's just the SD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm
That isn't Granbury, is it? That house out your front door looks almost exactly like my Uncle's house. It is probably a pretty standard layout though.
It's Plano, so same general ballpark, and yeah a lot of houses in N. Texas like to follow a couple familiar blueprints. These tall ceilings are great for little indoor flying toys though!
Dec 10, 2013, 11:57 AM
I'm new to the H107C and Lipo batteries. I've been reading the horror stories about Lipo batteries catching fire. Have there been instances where the battery types used in this quad have caught on fire? Being smaller single cell batteries I'm just curious if they are less prone to exploding like others.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:45 PM
HUBSAN X4 107 HD cam Paris (8 min 12 sec)
Dec 10, 2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyHawkFPV
We have had samples in and have been testing for a few weeks now (they fly and film very nice) We have a big shipment of the new 2MP on order, although I don't have an ETA they should arrive very soon, an email will go out to everyone who is signed up on the list on our website and we will try to post on the forums.
Will you be stocking just the HD module also?
Dec 10, 2013, 01:55 PM
4wdHippy
Quote:
I'm new to the H107C and Lipo batteries. I've been reading the horror stories about Lipo batteries catching fire. Have there been instances where the battery types used in this quad have caught on fire? Being smaller single cell batteries I'm just curious if they are less prone to exploding like others.
A lipo is a lipo regardless of size but if it does catch fire a larger one will burn longer it has more gas to release, just don't over charge or over discharge it.
Hard impacts and puncture holes will also cause your battery to explode or catch on fire.
If your lipo swells up keep an eye on it make sure it doesn't get worse and I also keep those batteries separate for my other batteries when storing them.
Dec 10, 2013, 01:59 PM
When storing them in lets say the same metal container, does it matter if they're stacked on top of each other or touching side by side? What about those charging bags, is it over-kill for a small battery like these?
Dec 10, 2013, 02:08 PM
4wdHippy
Quote:
When storing them in lets say the same metal container, does it matter if they're stacked on top of each other or touching side by side? What about those charging bags, is it over-kill for a small battery like these?
I like to store my large lipos in a ammo box, I JB welded metal dividers in so each battery has his own compartment in case one catches on fire it won't ignite another's .

Charge bags are good but any metal container that can withstand small fire will do. I use my Lipo bags to transfer them to the field and back.

For my micro quad batteries what I did was I got a small box and made dividers using Metal tape, and then covered the whole inside and outside with metal tape.

Quick Reply