Oct 03, 2013, 09:16 AM
Hello people, just thought I would say hello. Totally new to RC flying things and bought the X4 H107C just over a week ago as my first RC. I am lucky to have a local model shop that stock just about everything and every spare, and they suggested to start with the X4 rather than the one I was eyeing up in the shop at 8 times the price due to its cheap ability to crash into anything.

So I have bounced it off nearly every wall inside trying to condition my brain into orientation, bent a few props, lost it a few times for a few hours in long grass outside, and it keeps going without even a scratch, and just about have the hang of it now. Really glad I bought this one and I have no intention of swapping it for a more expensive quad at the moment. The local model shop has all the spares stocked but I havent had to buy any extras yet, but they also have the prop guards in stock as well, so might get one of those.

There's only 2 things I have had to do on it so far...
Positive wire on the board came off after I was a bit brutal unplugging the battery, so I re-soldered that back on and use a finger nail to unplug it now.
Camera was out of focus, at least for the distance I wanted to record (it came focused at about 1 meter), so a bit of trial and error and I focused that no problem, I really would like the HD camera module to come out for it soon!

I am a software engineer and also do some electronics for camera type applications, so I know bits on cameras and transmission gear, so I think I feel FPV projects coming on in the near future

Good to see people passionate about their X4's on here, they are such a fun thing to fly.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboatftw
Hmm neither of those seem to work for me, do you do anything else when you put the throttle stick to the bottom right and how long do you keep it there. Holding lower throttle trim turned off the lights though. I did however notice that the plus on the camera wire seems to be soldiered to the plus on the bottom left motor and not just to the battery as i first thought.
I got mine just over a week ago, none of those work for me either, but as I remember from when I had to re-solder the power lead back on, there was only the two power wires from the controller to the camera. The fact its in the manual on page 5 is probably a manual error, maybe an intended feature that never made it into production on the new ones.
Last edited by MezzoUK; Oct 03, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Oct 03, 2013, 11:36 AM
But was the positive wired to the motor wire in yours aswell? Not sure if it's just a butchered soldier or if it is intentional, will double check when I get ho.e but it looks to be that way on the pics on the first page, I can also see a spare soldierpoint right next too it. But it works great, no interference or anything. But yeah I agree it might be a feature they just dropped, or the first batch is "prototypes", like the first x4 except that the first production run seemed better then the rest of the v1 revisions
Oct 03, 2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboatftw
But was the positive wired to the motor wire in yours aswell? Not sure if it's just a butchered soldier or if it is intentional, will double check when I get ho.e but it looks to be that way on the pics on the first page, I can also see a spare soldierpoint right next too it. But it works great, no interference or anything. But yeah I agree it might be a feature they just dropped, or the first batch is "prototypes", like the first x4 except that the first production run seemed better then the rest of the v1 revisions
Surprisingly yes, looking at the board it's on with the motor positive, or the motor positive is on with the camera, cant really tell which way around it is without opening it up, it's also a constant positive looking at it though, all motors look as though they have a permanent positive.
Last edited by MezzoUK; Oct 03, 2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: More info
Oct 03, 2013, 03:43 PM
I'm hoping hubsan will explain whats going on as i cant see any other reason for it to be soldiered there since the vcc is so close, except if the voltage is stepped up to 5v or something on the hubsan board.

Well i just measured it and there the positive is definitely connected to the positive on the motor, but i measured it to 4.12v and the lipo was at 4.13 so i dont think its for stepping up the voltage.
Last edited by Jetboatftw; Oct 03, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
Oct 03, 2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpesi1702
I have one motor, which is gets hot after 30 sec use and seems stiffer than others?
I had one like that. A bit of grit got in one of the holes in the top and was jamming the motor. I ran it at full speed while holding it upside down for a few mins and that seemed to clear it. Worth a go!.
Oct 04, 2013, 01:38 AM
Working to make things happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MezzoUK
Hello people, just thought I would say hello. Totally new to RC flying things and bought the X4 H107C just over a week ago as my first RC. I am lucky to have a local model shop that stock just about everything and every spare, and they suggested to start with the X4 rather than the one I was eyeing up in the shop at 8 times the price due to its cheap ability to crash into anything.

So I have bounced it off nearly every wall inside trying to condition my brain into orientation, bent a few props, lost it a few times for a few hours in long grass outside, and it keeps going without even a scratch, and just about have the hang of it now. Really glad I bought this one and I have no intention of swapping it for a more expensive quad at the moment. The local model shop has all the spares stocked but I havent had to buy any extras yet, but they also have the prop guards in stock as well, so might get one of those.

There's only 2 things I have had to do on it so far...
Positive wire on the board came off after I was a bit brutal unplugging the battery, so I re-soldered that back on and use a finger nail to unplug it now.
Camera was out of focus, at least for the distance I wanted to record (it came focused at about 1 meter), so a bit of trial and error and I focused that no problem, I really would like the HD camera module to come out for it soon!

I am a software engineer and also do some electronics for camera type applications, so I know bits on cameras and transmission gear, so I think I feel FPV projects coming on in the near future

Good to see people passionate about their X4's on here, they are such a fun thing to fly.
Welcome! This is going to be a fun little system to play around with. Cheap, small, lightweight (relatively speaking). Fly it, fix it, hack it, and if it gets too badly broken, buy another. There is a lot to be learned on these little guys, and your hobby shop steered you in the right direction!
Oct 04, 2013, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm
Welcome! This is going to be a fun little system to play around with. Cheap, small, lightweight (relatively speaking). Fly it, fix it, hack it, and if it gets too badly broken, buy another. There is a lot to be learned on these little guys, and your hobby shop steered you in the right direction!
Note: on things like this, I generally buy two. If it requires its own radio, I buy a bind and fly and rtf. If it can connect to a radio I have, just two bind and fly. I use one for hacking and modifying, and spare parts if needed, and keep the second stock.
Oct 04, 2013, 03:45 AM

More videos

I know for sure that a lot of peeps have already this model. I have several of them myself.

But I donīt c people placing videos in the net. Why?

The main reason I dontīt publish the videos Iīve done is cause most of them are really shaky and dizzy (in fact really worse than the ones I can do with the V959-222).

Any of You has been able to get decent videos with this setup and can share how to do them?

Saludos,
Jose
Oct 04, 2013, 04:19 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao
I know for sure that a lot of peeps have already this model. I have several of them myself.

The main reason I dontīt publish the videos Iīve done is cause most of them are really shaky and dizzy (in fact really worse than the ones I can do with the V959-222).

Any of You has been able to get decent videos with this setup and can share how to do them?

Saludos,
Jose
Have you see this video?

Hubsan X4 H107C HD Camera version - Onboard video (3 min 34 sec)

Actually i was take this video along with 808#16V2 attached below the quad. So i have two footages, one with H107C HD camera and the other is 808 cam.
I think the result was less shaky and that's because more weight added to the quad.
And to avoid dizziness, try to swap with wider lens

and the video below was H107C HD camera + D lens + protection cover.

Hubsan X4 H107C HD Camera version with D lens + protection cover (5 min 10 sec)
Oct 04, 2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao

Saludos,
Jose
I have been busy recently, and only got my h107c very recently, but I have some video I hope to edit together this weekend. I will post up here. I leave it set on low rates for video, and just barely, "drift," the quad places. It takes a fine touch. I have been brainstorming an idea to make this fly a little smoother. Basically similar to what Bang Komit said about added weight making it fly smoother. I may try adding a little weight in the form of gear on the bottom. Making it a little bottom heavy should help, like a keel on a boat. Also, a set of gear may make it less likely to get damaged in a harder landing.
Oct 04, 2013, 09:37 PM
And, ultimately, I have been thinking about micro camera quads and how to maximize video from them. I have talked with some people, and have my ultimate idea, but I can't share it now. Mwahaha.
Oct 05, 2013, 08:25 AM
Rude Racing
Just got my quad today. Went out to try it, but it was very windy. As it is my first quad (or any sort of controllable aircraft for that matter) I didn't actually fly much. All I did was try no to hit the ground too hard.
I'm kinda embarrassed about my first flying experience, but i'll probably make a video tomorrow.
Oct 05, 2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellik
Well I've just finished installing the FPV gear into my Hubsan H107C! The weight looks to be about the same as stock however due to the length of the camera the battery now has to sit about 3mm further aft. Initial test flights in the backyard are promising, If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll take it down to the field and give it a run!

I've installed:
1280MHz Micro VTX + CAM Combo+
Pololu 5V step-up PSU
For those interested, the mini 200mW 5.8GHz modules will also fit!

And here's some pics of the build!
Attachment 6137595

Attachment 6137596

Attachment 6137597

Attachment 6137598

Attachment 6137599

Attachment 6137600

Attachment 6137601

Attachment 6137602

Attachment 6137603
Any updates?

Thanks,

Dennis
Oct 05, 2013, 10:22 AM
Having a broken camera isn't all that bad. It's still way more powerful than the H107L. It's still fun to fly it. It's like the C's stability mode is the L's Expert Mode, and with that said, I still haven't tried out the C's expert mode. I'm afraid it'll hit 88mph and become lost in time. XD

Quick Reply