Aug 30, 2013, 06:10 PM
I like Spinning things
oh and props are identical to the original x4 looks like?

are the motors soldered to the board again or are they using connectors this time?

Also this looks like the first direct drive 8.5mm motors I've seen. All the rest appear to be geared on other toy quads.
Last edited by drclawscat; Aug 30, 2013 at 06:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2013, 06:26 PM
Wow. To top it off I accidentally ordered a Mode 1 instead of a Mode 2. I sent them an email about it. Hopefully they can swap it out before it ships.
Aug 30, 2013, 09:08 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by drclawscat
Looks like 640 x480 resolution on that camera. I wonder what the CMOS size is? It looks like a pinhole design. Do you use the trim buttons to record picture and video separately?

I wonder if this is a better platform for micro fpv than the X4 V1/V2 since it's ultra compact still but with the much more powerful 8520 motors. Possibly hook the video out wire from the camera up to a micro vtx. Or power a KX2/1.5 gram camera from the power out header assuming the power is cleaned up on the board enough to provide a clean signal and the right voltage.

If you could get close to 8 minutes of flight time with FPV and the stability of the X4 in wind that would be awesome!
Quote:
oh and props are identical to the original x4 looks like?

are the motors soldered to the board again or are they using connectors this time?

Also this looks like the first direct drive 8.5mm motors I've seen. All the rest appear to be geared on other toy quads.
You have to push record button below the quad and its only record video not take a picture. I dont know how to measure resolution and cmos sensor. I did not open the body and test the flight time yet, but i'm sure it does not use any connector, all are soldered directly to the board and that's not bad thing.
About props its exactly the same as H107L.
H107C is not the first micro that use non geared 8520 motor. Walkera Infra X as far as i know use direct drive 8520 motor.
Aug 31, 2013, 06:11 AM
I like Spinning things
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit
You have to push record button below the quad and its only record video not take a picture. I dont know how to measure resolution and cmos sensor. I did not open the body and test the flight time yet, but i'm sure it does not use any connector, all are soldered directly to the board and that's not bad thing.
About props its exactly the same as H107L.
H107C is not the first micro that use non geared 8520 motor. Walkera Infra X as far as i know use direct drive 8520 motor.
Thanks, for that info, based on the spec of .3mp camera I think it's 640x480. Not sure the frame rate however and whether PAL or NTSC. I didn't know the Infra X was 8.5mm direct drive but never looked into it due to cost and weight as a decent platform for micro fpv. This looks promising!
Aug 31, 2013, 06:21 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks, for that info, based on the spec of .3mp camera I think it's 640x480. Not sure the frame rate however and whether PAL or NTSC. I didn't know the Infra X was 8.5mm direct drive but never looked into it due to cost and weight as a decent platform for micro fpv. This looks promising!
The resolution is 720x480 (according to win7 explorer) and the FOV is too narrow, probably 50-60deg.
Actually i also can not afford to buy walkeras, i just know the spec from their website
For H107C motor, i still not sure whether 8520 or 820 motor. I dont have caliper to measure it
Aug 31, 2013, 06:25 AM
Quote:
The resolution is 720x480 (according to win7 explorer) and the FOV is too narrow, probably 50-60deg.
Actually i also can not afford to buy walkeras, i just know the spec from their website
For H107C motor, i still not sure whether 8520 or 820 motor. I dont have caliper to measure it
Sorry to say that, but with a such crappy camera ... the interest of this model is null ....
Aug 31, 2013, 06:38 AM
I like Spinning things
Yes I'm more interested in the frame and motors than the camera really. I'd probably strip the camera out to lose the weight and fit a wider angle micro fpv cam. Would be fun for fpv as the x4 is so stable in the wind and small enough to go anywhere. The 107L flight time is too short with the added weight of fpv gear, this frame looks like it could get more flight time with the added power.
Aug 31, 2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Yes I'm more interested in the frame and motors than the camera really. I'd probably strip the camera out to lose the weight and fit a wider angle micro fpv cam. Would be fun for fpv as the x4 is so stable in the wind and small enough to go anywhere. The 107L flight time is too short with the added weight of fpv gear, this frame looks like it could get more flight time with the added power.
Probably, it's a better option....
Aug 31, 2013, 07:07 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Sorry to say that, but with a such crappy camera ... the interest of this model is null ....
What do you expect from a toy at this price point? Most of micro/mini quad (brushed) that equipped with video camera are at this quality. But from what i know, hubsan will make the hd camera for H107C. I will share the info here once i get it. But dont trust me, it's just rumors

Quote:
Sure h107c is more powerful because of its new motors. I also interested with the receiver, but still dont have chance to open the shell.
Aug 31, 2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
What do you expect from a toy at this price point? Most of micro/mini quad (brushed) that equipped with video camera are at this quality. But from what i know, hubsan will make the hd camera for H107C. I will share the info here once i get it. But dont trust me, it's just rumors

Sure h107c is more powerful because of its new motors. I also interested with the receiver, but still dont have chance to open the shell.
I own Hubsan product (Heli H102D), believe me, it's not a bad product, but Hubsan CS is just NULL. As you mentionned, it's a toy, nothing else ...
Anyway a HD version, but at least a model with a wider FOV, would be better.
Aug 31, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
I own Hubsan product (Heli H102D), believe me, it's not a bad product, but Hubsan CS is just NULL. As you mentionned, it's a toy, nothing else ...
Anyway a HD version, but at least a model with a wider FOV, would be better.
I know that, i've read your thread about it.
I dont get it, why you say their cs is null? Do you have any experience with hubsan cs or just somebody tells you about it?
For me, i just enjoy their best product. That's it
Aug 31, 2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
No, the protection cover would not fit into H107C. Hopefully H107C would have its own protection cover

Sure, H107C tx can bind to H107L/H107 and vise versa
Great
So I'll wait for the BNF version
Sep 01, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew O
Great
So I'll wait for the BNF version
Well, i still dont have a chance to open the new tx to compare with the old one. the tx it self maybe only $10-12. But its not comfortable to have too many tx. BNF is fair enough, but i dont think it will be availabe soon
Sep 01, 2013, 08:19 PM
semper mitis
Let's see some videos taken by this quad. As long as the X-4' s precision, agility and wind resistance is not degraded this would hopefully show some advantage to having a camera in my smallest quad.
Sep 02, 2013, 09:30 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben
Let's see some videos taken by this quad. As long as the X-4' s precision, agility and wind resistance is not degraded this would hopefully show some advantage to having a camera in my smallest quad.
The performance is still the same with its heavy weight setup. It might be because of its new bigger motors.
I'll upload some videos of it

Quick Reply