Jan 10, 2017, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany
No real harm done, mate.

The 107L control board is the same as for the 107C, so it WILL work with 8mm motors AND be a direct fit into the 107C shell, no cam needed.

You just will need another 2pc set of 8520 motors and you will get a kind of supercharged X4.

No acro mode, though.

To stiffen the arms a bit, you can use some electrical tape:
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...d_jesolins.jpg
Great to know. Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered another kit for $10 looking forward to my supercharged X4 :-) . So my controller doesn't have acro mode ?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2017, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer
Great to know. Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered another kit for $10 looking forward to my supercharged X4 :-) . So my controller doesn't have acro mode ?
I don't know what Mike from Germany means by acro mode in this Hubsan 6 axis context, but it it should be able to do flips like any other Hubsan X4.

Of course a standard Hubsan H107xxx X4 is not an FPV racer with a flight controller able to do "real" acro/ air mode, but in 6 axis AKA stabilized mode , it will be absolutely equivalent. By the way, in tiny whoop indoor races, most people use 6 axis stabilized mode.
Last edited by TheCric; Feb 14, 2017 at 05:58 AM.
Feb 14, 2017, 10:28 AM

Fitting a Boldclash F-02 camera inside an H107 C

I love my H107C, I already put a TX-02 camera on it and it works pretty well.

Nevertheless, putting a Tx-02 onto the quad is not perfect if you want to train FPV indoor.
Indoor you will probably want to keep propeller guards and maybe a less fragile antenna.

I have discover this Boldclash F-02 at Tmart.

I bought another frame just to put in the lower body part the Boldclash camera. This one fits perfectly inside the camera bay of the H107C, I just cut a little bit plastic of the inside upper body part but inside only (see pictures), and cut a little bit of the battery bay.

Because I bought another H107C frame, I can now swap the lower part of the frame to put the Boldclash camera and keep the origin lower body part for the origin camera if I want to revert back to my classic H107C. Reverting back means unscrewing/screwing 2 screws and disconnect/connect 1 micro JST connector.

Originally the H107C Flight controller board has some soldered power lead wires giving power to the camera. I cut them and add some connectors of the same type as the one used on the Boldclash camera. I used those JST 1.25 with wires connectors

I attached cam and receiver to the frame with little dots of hot glue but any other method could have been used (double-side tape etc)

The only difficulty with this configuration is that you have to configure your FPV channel once with the H107C unscrewed.
But if you don't need to change channel very often it works perfectly and honestly because of the camera quality my H107C is now a really better H107D than my H107D.
Last edited by TheCric; Feb 14, 2017 at 10:43 AM.
Feb 20, 2017, 06:41 PM
silently addicted..

Hubsan H107C + Eachine TX01 + AIOF3_BRUSHED F/C with OSD and FrSky Rx + Chaoli 820

(cross-posting from the 80-150mm builds thread)

I hope this BUILD aLOnG inspires you
BUILD LOG: The best HUBSAN ever made: Chaoli 820 + AIOF3 OSD FrSky Rx (stealth build) (5 min 20 sec)

You can find more info in the video description or in the relevant thread, here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ealth-build%29
Apr 05, 2017, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muteFPV
(cross-posting from the 80-150mm builds thread)

I hope this BUILD aLOnG inspires you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Xxxivqs1s

You can find more info in the video description or in the relevant thread, here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ealth-build%29
Great post !!! Thank you

Very nice also to show us how to explode an AOI camera into a camera and a transmitter
Last edited by TheCric; Apr 06, 2017 at 01:27 PM.
Apr 06, 2017, 02:52 AM
silently addicted..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCric
Great post !!! Thank you

Very nice to show us how to explode a AOI camera
Thank you TheCric, I also have a video specifically for that
Oct 22, 2017, 02:35 AM
Certifiable
Anyone know if it's possible to inject a video signal into the stock DVR? If so, how?
Dec 23, 2017, 08:58 PM
Hubsan H107C X4 Quadcopter Drone with Camera - On Board Video and Review (7 min 50 sec)

Review of the Hubsan x4 h107c with on board footage.
Apr 04, 2018, 06:07 PM

H107L or H107C best for speed 8.5mm motor no camera?

I couldn't find an answer to this and not a whole lot of time research. I know one of you guys knows the answer. I have a complete H107L and H107C and want to use one to teach daughter to fly and the other to make fun as possible for myself and we fly together. I haven't flown toy grade quads in a while. The H107c is new and I will be removing the camera.

My question is this, does the board in the H107L have any more output or agility than the board from the H107C providing if they were in the same frame with 8.5mm motors? For example, would there be any difference me simply removing the camera from H107C with it's 8.5mm motors VS. the H107L board swapped and installed same setup?

Reason I ask is I heard of guys doing mods with a H107L board in a H107C frame & motors (no cam) to get a little performance, likely mostly bottom-end. However, I only hear little about them simply using H107C board. Maybe coincidentally an old H107L is all they had to build off of...

As is I will let my daughter learn with the H107L and I fly the H107C with cam removed but if I get word that there is performance gain I will swap the boards around. I'm feeling that they are the same for performance or agility but then again RTF Camera quads are usually more mild for the most part. What do you guys think?
Apr 04, 2018, 06:18 PM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
The 107L ,107C and even 107D FC boards are identical for ages now. ( You hardly will find any ancient 107L 1st gen board w/o rct pads nowadays, and even these are not different flight wise.)
So... Happy mixing and have a lot of fun!
Apr 04, 2018, 06:40 PM

Answered

Thanks, that answers it all and glad you informed me of that..appreciate it.
I don't have much experience with the micro quads even though I've had the H107L for a while. It's fun revisiting them though. I ordered a bunch of the Tattu 380mah so we'll put some time in on these for sure.

Quick Reply