Thread Tools
Mar 30, 2015, 10:06 AM
Registered User
Ok, this was my best fly ever the landing another history xD

Yea Sometime when I get up high and try to come down slow, I can't tell if it's still climbing or not,, I now do a "pendulum" decent,, You can cut the power way down as long as you swing from side to side. You really have to cut power when you get to the end of a "swing" as it tends to climb when you change directions.

djl
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2015, 09:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzis90 View Post
http://youtu.be/feiGiz1YLT8

Ok, this was my best fly ever the landing another history xD
how did you get 6 min of flight?
Mar 31, 2015, 03:35 PM
Registered User
danzis90's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by razvan2k5 View Post
how did you get 6 min of flight?
Nothing.... that is the time always give me the hubsan
While im recording 5:50 minutes to 6:30 minutes
While im not recording: 6:50 minutes to 7:30 minutes
Im using the stock battery 380 Mah and too the props guard remaining time of you fly.
When i fly outdoor i take off the props guard. I
n indoor with the props guard
Mar 31, 2015, 05:56 PM
Registered User
i have received my x4 today.
First time using a multirotor, and new to rc, i can fly the cx10 pretty good.

I've calibrated both the transmitter and the gyros accordingly, i am flying it in non-expert mode, but still the quad is drifting towards me when i try to hover it. Or if i bring it a bit near towards me, it just keeps coming, instead of stopping. I've tried setting the trims, but still it helped a bit, is there anything else that needs to be set out of the box?
Mar 31, 2015, 06:03 PM
Registered User
Are you flying inside or out side,, The quad will always "coast" a ways when you let go of the stick, When I fly outside I am always adjusting trim to compensate for wind/Breezes that occur.

Always make sure that you take off from as close to a perfect level surface as possible.
Mar 31, 2015, 07:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR528 View Post
Are you flying inside or out side,, The quad will always "coast" a ways when you let go of the stick, When I fly outside I am always adjusting trim to compensate for wind/Breezes that occur.

Always make sure that you take off from as close to a perfect level surface as possible.
Flying it inside. Its still cold in chicago.
Mar 31, 2015, 07:20 PM
Registered User
shonmac's Avatar
Mine drifts backwards. My friend's drifts to the left.
Mar 31, 2015, 09:00 PM
Registered User
So it does drift. Its not like a stable mini quad that people claim on youtube videos is easy to fly.
cos each time i try to make it bring it towards or away from me, the quad zooms in and out becomes hard to stabilize it, atleast for noobs like us.
Anyone has experience with nano qx? is it more stable?
Mar 31, 2015, 09:33 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
bangkomit's Avatar
Thread OP
If your X4 drift backward, it usually because of the battery position is not sited properly thus make cog moves slightly to the back of the x4.
For H107L the suitable battery is 240mah.
H107C and D the suitable battery is 380mah.
More than that, you need to trim to compensate cog

If you think the cog is correct but still drifting:
- check if all props could spin freely
- check if all arms are snapped properly
- check for anything that might clog the motors (hairs, dust, etc)

since you're new to hubsan x4, i suggest you to read this post by jesolin:
- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=416
- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2&postcount=30
Mar 31, 2015, 09:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
If your X4 drift backward, it usually because of the battery position is not sited properly thus make cog moves slightly to the back of the x4.
For H107L the suitable battery is 240mah.
H107C and D the suitable battery is 380mah.
More than that, you need to trim to compensate cog

If you think the cog is correct but still drifting:
- check if all props could spin freely
- check if all arms are snapped properly
- check for anything that might clog the motors (hairs, dust, etc)

since you're new to hubsan x4, i suggest you to read this post by jesolin:
- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=416
- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2&postcount=30
I love you man, this is of great help. now thats what i say genuine help.
Thanks, i am gonna go through all these now.

I've ordred a total of 10 of 380mah tenergy batteries off amazon.
Mar 31, 2015, 10:52 PM
Registered User
danzis90's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANswers View Post
i have received my x4 today.
First time using a multirotor, and new to rc, i can fly the cx10 pretty good.

I've calibrated both the transmitter and the gyros accordingly, i am flying it in non-expert mode, but still the quad is drifting towards me when i try to hover it. Or if i bring it a bit near towards me, it just keeps coming, instead of stopping. I've tried setting the trims, but still it helped a bit, is there anything else that needs to be set out of the box?
I always fly inside in normal mode and is very stable all you have to do is calibrate the TX and them a little of trim make sure you have you battery well insert. And for last a little of trim.

I will make a footage with my hubsan of my city and show the stability of my hubsan
Mar 31, 2015, 11:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzis90 View Post
Nothing.... that is the time always give me the hubsan
While im recording 5:50 minutes to 6:30 minutes
While im not recording: 6:50 minutes to 7:30 minutes
Im using the stock battery 380 Mah and too the props guard remaining time of you fly.
When i fly outdoor i take off the props guard. I
n indoor with the props guard
I only managed to record a max of 6 min only on the first flights, now i cant pass 3.5 min , even indoor whit low throthel , and i have 3 batts of 380 mah
Mar 31, 2015, 11:19 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzis90 View Post
I always fly inside in normal mode and is very stable all you have to do is calibrate the TX and them a little of trim make sure you have you battery well insert. And for last a little of trim.

I will make a footage with my hubsan of my city and show the stability of my hubsan
Sure please do that.
Infact i would really appreciate it if you can make a video on how to calibrate it on ur TX, with the trims or other settings, there is a barage of videos on youtube, but most of the miss out on the actual fine tuning, but rather trying to show everything about the quad in a single video.
Apr 01, 2015, 12:36 AM
It seemed like a good idea!!!!
Hookit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANswers View Post
Sure please do that.
Infact i would really appreciate it if you can make a video on how to calibrate it on ur TX, with the trims or other settings, there is a barage of videos on youtube, but most of the miss out on the actual fine tuning, but rather trying to show everything about the quad in a single video.
When you come to calibrate your X4 that is when you need a level surface because that is what you are telling the quads flight controller. I use a spirit level to check when I calibrate mine. If off level the quad will drift.

Also make sure you have clicked into expert mode when you perform the calibration, can't remember if the instructions make it clear.

After that it is the good advice supplied of checking the arms and props. They can be trimmed for a hands free hover in zero wind. But they will coast when coming off the cyclic.

Happy flying.
Apr 01, 2015, 08:06 AM
Registered User

I have both


Quote:
Originally Posted by MANswers View Post
So it does drift. Its not like a stable mini quad that people claim on youtube videos is easy to fly.
cos each time i try to make it bring it towards or away from me, the quad zooms in and out becomes hard to stabilize it, atleast for noobs like us.
Anyone has experience with nano qx? is it more stable?
I have both the Nano QX and the Hubsan X4. Both are my first quads (got within 2 days of each other). I have flow micro helicopters prior to this, but not for several years. I have the Spektrum DX6i transmitter to fly the Nano QX and the included transmitter to fly the Hubsan.

I feel like the Nano QX is more refined, the transitions are smoother. However I can't say for sure that it is the quad vs the transmitter. The Nano is lighter and it is the one I usually use for indoor flying, in the living room. I have purchased the RTF version of this for my son's 11th birthday in a few weeks, so I can compare the stock transmitter at that time.

The Hubsan X4 is definitely a heavier machine. It seems to "stop" more suddenly during mid-air maneuvers, like going from forwards to reverse or left to right. It is the quad I prefer to fly outside, I'm guessing due to the weight. It just feels like it is sturdier outdoors. (Plus the camera footage is always cool to see when you send it up a 50-70 feet!)

Let me know if you have specific questions between the two.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review The Hubsan X4 V2 H107L X4L (New Improved Led Version) - (Page #1 updated) - Thread bangkomit Mini Multirotor Drones 3551 Feb 16, 2017 07:09 AM
Mini-Review The unbiased Hubsan X4 V2 (H107L) Review thread jameschen072 Mini Multirotor Drones 262 Dec 20, 2016 06:31 PM
Discussion The New Hubsan X4 (H107C) Camera Daz Rich Mini Multirotor Drones 2 Dec 12, 2013 06:51 AM
Discussion Hubsan X4 H107c camera?? Geoffg1 Mini Multirotor Drones 20 Dec 12, 2013 06:47 AM
Video hubsan x4 version 3 socommk23 Multirotor Drone Talk 13 May 04, 2013 08:58 AM