May 03, 2014, 01:02 PM
Mindless clown
Has anybody had a problem with breaking battery leads on the receiver board? This is by far my biggest problem. I have also have broken the leads on two batteries. The wires don't always come apart but I can make the lights blink by moving the wires. In the case of the batteries, the wires don't pull out but I can make the charger light blink by moving the wires. I'm not sure there is a solution to the problem but I am curious if this is something anybody has seen with H107C's.
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2014, 06:12 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Well, my replacement motors finally showed up in the mail today.

Decided to replace the bad left front motor(black/white wires).

After a few glasses of iced tea, I went about the task. Talk about small solder pads on the circuit board. Got it done. Hardest part was feeding the wires thru the motor cavity.

Also in the mail, was my white prop guards. Makes the H107C v2 a lot more stable in my eyes. Could be wrong, but I am now back in the air!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!
Yes you are right . It does make it more stable . And when outside I switch to the expert mode and this quad. rocks. I am very happy with this quad. Best Regards.
Last edited by segroegt; May 04, 2014 at 11:24 AM.
May 05, 2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks to you guys I got my 2mp camera installed with that 808 #16 wide angle lens. I still need to fix the focus a bit but I'll do that later.

Here's a quick video where I got pretty high and nearly lost it.

(1 min 53 sec)

http://gfycat.com/InsistentBlankArchaeocete

Cheers guys!
Last edited by TomBee; May 06, 2014 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Alt link
May 05, 2014, 01:24 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBee View Post
Thanks to you guys I got my 2mp camera installed with that 808 #16 wide angle lens. I still need to fix the focus a bit but I'll do that later.

Cheers guys!
wow... that's pretty high!
very nice footage, Tom!
May 05, 2014, 01:42 PM
I think about buying a Imax B6 charger as replacement of the cheap stock USB charger for the Hubsan LiPo batteries (240 380 and 500 mAh).
I wonder how to charge 5 lipo's with the Imax using the "balancing cable" from Banggood, an the possibility to discharge/storage option. Anyone have experience with it?
May 05, 2014, 02:00 PM
Just search the thread balance charging has been heavily discussed in the hubsan threads lately. Your combo will work fine. Fozzysan something tells me that you have been pulling on the wires when you disconnect the battery. Try pinching your thumbs on each side of the connector instead and just push your thumbs apart. I think jesolims have a video somewhere in his mega index
May 05, 2014, 04:16 PM
GOT WINGS
There are two little nubs on the battery connector, fc end, that hold the battery plug firmly. I trim those nubs off with a nail clipper, battery seldom becomes loose and is easier to unplug.
May 06, 2014, 03:40 PM
Certifiable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzysan View Post
Has anybody had a problem with breaking battery leads on the receiver board? This is by far my biggest problem. I have also have broken the leads on two batteries. The wires don't always come apart but I can make the lights blink by moving the wires. In the case of the batteries, the wires don't pull out but I can make the charger light blink by moving the wires. I'm not sure there is a solution to the problem but I am curious if this is something anybody has seen with H107C's.
Yes, constant stress on those wires will cause eventual failure. I just fixed one for a friend yesterday. I un-soldered/removed the wires, cleared the solder from the board holes, trimmed and re-tinned the leads, inserted them back into the board and re-soldered them. I usually put a dab of hot glue on the wires where they meet the board but forgot. It wasn't easy to get the solder out of the holes with a desolder suction tool and my 9W iron. A slightly hotter iron would have made it easier I think.

Another common problem is the female micro LOSI connector on the battery. The tabs slide towards the back of the plastic housing so that the male prongs of the micro LOSI connector on the X4 don't mate well. (perhaps I should make a video... I do live in the San Fernando Valley after all ..... lol... if you get the joke you probably won't admit it.... hahahah). I've found this issue a bit harder to fix reliably.
Last edited by stringrazor; May 06, 2014 at 03:46 PM.
May 08, 2014, 08:34 AM
So I took a second severe crash from pretty high, the broken arm that I had taped up snapped again, hopefully my replacement shell had arrived so I deceided to replace it, which went quite fine.

But now my X4 is very noisy, not only more noisy than when it arrived, but also a different noise, and there seems to be a lot of vibrations (though the videos looks clean). Also it seems more difficult to control (may be because I had to remove the smashed prop cover ?), in the sense that it needs trimming several times during a flight to keep stable.

How do I know whether a motor is damaged / malfunctionning ? One of them was leaking lubricant when I removed them from the broken shell.

Also I saw that the camera red wire is soldered to a motor wire (see picture), is that normal ?
May 08, 2014, 09:01 AM
Working to make things happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
So I took a second severe crash from pretty high, the broken arm that I had taped up snapped again, hopefully my replacement shell had arrived so I deceided to replace it, which went quite fine.

But now my X4 is very noisy, not only more noisy than when it arrived, but also a different noise, and there seems to be a lot of vibrations (though the videos looks clean). Also it seems more difficult to control (may be because I had to remove the smashed prop cover ?), in the sense that it needs trimming several times during a flight to keep stable.

How do I know whether a motor is damaged / malfunctionning ? One of them was leaking lubricant when I removed them from the broken shell.

Also I saw that the camera red wire is soldered to a motor wire (see picture), is that normal ?
First part, yes it sounds very much like you could have a damaged motor.

Second part, yes, that's normal.
May 08, 2014, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm (FPV America) View Post
First part, yes it sounds very much like you could have a damaged motor.

Second part, yes, that's normal.
To find out which is the dodgy motor, take the props off, turn it all on and hold the quad in your hand - then after applying a little throttle, tilt it in all directions to enable the auto balance and one should make more noise than the rest.
May 09, 2014, 10:02 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
I noticed when my left front motor started acting up, I would get black lines in the video at low light levels.
May 10, 2014, 07:37 AM
Nice video! How you mounted the 808 lens on the camera unit? I know the 808 thread is a tiny smaller than the original lens. I suppose you don't used glue, because you still can (re) focus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBee View Post

http://gfycat.com/InsistentBlankArchaeocete

Cheers guys!
May 10, 2014, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone!
This is my first post here, I joined up cos I am planning out my 1st FPV micro quad build based around an x4 board (for now) and been flying an x4 for the past couple of months.

I got the HD cam version, did the "Jelly Lens" mod first & then the 808 D-Lens.
Never flown anything before this little quad & I love it!

I put my vids up on my youtube channel:
quadrewcopter

If you are thinking of doing the 808 D-lens wide-angle mod then go for it!
Just run some hot glue around between the lens "collar" & the body shell so the camera sensor doesn't take all the impact force of a crash.
May 12, 2014, 05:36 AM

Dodgy motor

Hi, ever since i crashed (soft grass) one of the motors would spin independently (slowly), as soon as I connect the battery.

I've since changed the motor, and the new one does the same thing so I'm at a loss, because it doesn't even respond to the controller, I've tried everything I can with the controller to sync, I'm beginning to think the main board may have got damaged!

Quick Reply