Mar 24, 2014, 06:27 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochenvar
Well, I guess it had to happen sometime. I just lost my original h107c (HD camera module with #16 D lens) to the Quad Eating Tree.

I had it way up there, just a little dot in the sky, and the next thing I knew it was fluttering back over my head, falling with the wind. I think I must have briefly lost lock. I was able to stabilize it, about 80 ft up and 150 ft behind me, but then I promptly flew it into the freaking tree.

I had a whole soccer field to crash onto. Nope, missed it.
Just call my specialty business at 1800UPATREE. We specialize in getting helicopters and quads out of trees!!!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2014, 06:36 PM
CRM 114 Certified
Quote:
Just call my specialty business at 1800UPATREE. We specialize in getting helicopters and quads out of trees!!!
I needed your service, or a huge articulating lift. I was pretty sure I heard munching sounds. No quad deserves that fate.
Mar 24, 2014, 09:56 PM
My condolences to your lost quad. I just had a similar incident.... like Icarus, I flew my H107L too high, and a gust of wind whipped it too close to a tree by the garage. Tried to recover, but too little too late. Smashed onto the garage - got the body back, but the battery has disappeared into the gutter and will likely not be working anymore by the time I get the ladder out of the basement.

...of course, that means my mod experience begins as I order a H107D body kit & motors and a H107C HD camera module. I'll post pics of my rebuild in a new thread and some video once I get it up and running! It will be a true combination of all three versions. I just hope it works, haha!
Mar 24, 2014, 11:17 PM
I also lost one in the Fir trees when a wind took it. Last time I let the kids say "show me how high it will go!"

Strike that, thought Banggood had raised their price on the H107C 2MP BNF to 70 from 59, but now it shows 59 again.
Last edited by jameslew; Mar 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: updated info on pricing that seems to have chagned since i posted.
Mar 25, 2014, 08:15 AM
Jacknetair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andronicus
Anyone know where you can buy these props? I can only seem to find the quadcopters, not the props.
I got mine from BG. Work great but you have to suffer the long delivery time of 3 weeks.
Edit: Well, apparently they don't carry them anymore as I'm sitting here holding a pack in my hand I got from them about 2 months ago and searched on the sku and nothing comes up. Sooo, can't help sorry.
Mar 25, 2014, 08:19 AM
Jacknetair
[QUOTE=Jake8131;27884421]Just call my specialty business at 1800UPATREE. We specialize in getting helicopters and quads out of trees!!![/QUOTE

Love it. I could have used your services many times as I think that anyone with a flying vehicle that flies near trees can attest to. I even had to hire a professional tree climber to get one down from about a hundred feet up. I live in the mountains and wide open spaces are hard to come by. I'm getting better though.
Mar 25, 2014, 11:32 AM
CRM 114 Certified
Quote:
Love it. I could have used your services many times as I think that anyone with a flying vehicle that flies near trees can attest to. I even had to hire a professional tree climber to get one down from about a hundred feet up. I live in the mountains and wide open spaces are hard to come by. I'm getting better though.
Iím reconsidering the wisdom of my current build. If I canít keep the thing out of the trees, why would I install an expensive camera into quad.

I have already purchased an h107c Rx board and LEDs, and am using the body and parts from a Hobby Wow value pack. The motors are the 0820-15s from Benedikt at MMW. Then, I was going to install an 808 camera (see Bangkomitís build, post #1436). However, now Iím asking myself, ďwhyĒ.

I think Iím going to finish the above build, but without the 808. Once I can prove to myself that I can control things when my sense of orientation gets jacked up (as it has, and will again), Iíll then complete the build by installing the camera. In the meantime, Iím going to go back to the basics and grow from there. But Iím going to do that growing without a $45 camera on board.

That being said, what aerobatics are the 107cís capable of?? Iíve flipped it, seen dozens of videos where guys are flipping it, but can it perform smooth rolls or loops?? I would imagine that the h107c body, using high end motors and without the weight of the camera module, would be a nimble little minx. However, is the FC capable of aerobatics??
Mar 25, 2014, 03:19 PM
I think you will struggle with that since the acc is always on. Ladybird and nano fc has acro mode so you could convert it to one of those
Mar 25, 2014, 03:22 PM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochenvar
I think Iím going to finish the above build, but without the 808. Once I can prove to myself that I can control things when my sense of orientation gets jacked up (as it has, and will again), Iíll then complete the build by installing the camera. In the meantime, Iím going to go back to the basics and grow from there. But Iím going to do that growing without a $45 camera on board.
I'm planing a similar build,

Going to mount my 808 on the blue platform secured by grommets, the beauty of this is I should be able to just fly the frame by detaching the purple vtx platform, the stand off's and removing the camera platform.

I'm going to use my 107c as the donor and intend to fly fpv so am not to fazed about the Fc's acrobatic abilities.

Good luck with your build.

Mark
Mar 25, 2014, 03:44 PM
CRM 114 Certified
Quote:
I think you will struggle with that since the acc is always on. Ladybird and nano fc has acro mode so you could convert it to one of those
I was hoping that "flip mode" (left Tx stick push to select) would allow for some form of aerobatics.

Thanks.
Mar 25, 2014, 04:54 PM
Hi mark, I liked your idea! I 'm planning to go in the same direction. Please post your build somewhere here in the forum to see the final result!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp666
I'm planing a similar build,
Going to mount my 808 on the blue platform secured by grommets, the beauty of this is I should be able to just fly the frame by detaching the purple vtx platform, the stand off's and removing the camera platform.
Mark
Mar 25, 2014, 05:17 PM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbelo
Hi mark, I liked your idea! I 'm planning to go in the same direction. Please post your build somewhere here in the forum to see the final result!
Hi Marbelo,

Thanks, that's pretty much is the state of my build.

I'm waiting on the grommets and need to figure out how I'm going to make the motor tubes. I do have some carbon tow so I might form some, but i need a 8.5mm former! Will probably have to wander around a diy store with a micrometer.

Will post to the forum when it's a bit more advanced.

Mark
Mar 25, 2014, 05:34 PM
Hi Mark,

I was planning to go with 10 mm diameter carbon fiber tubes and drilled to fit the motors. What do you think?
Mar 25, 2014, 06:02 PM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbelo
Hi Mark,

I was planning to go with 10 mm diameter carbon fiber tubes and drilled to fit the motors. What do you think?
Yea I've thought about it, but it's really hard tetchy stuff, the guy's just down the road from me have some in stock. So I'm tempted.
10 mm tube
If you look at my design the tips are pointed so a tube would need to be slotted and a hole drilled to accept the point. But the joint will be weak and reaming out .5mm could be very exasperating.
Mar 26, 2014, 08:50 AM
Just to update my plans for my own upcoming build, here's what I've got on order. Thought I had an irrecoverable crash and was bummed, so decided to go whole-hog and made up a BG order. Turns out I was able to borrow my neighbor's ladder, and after a lucky dry 24 hours in the gutter of my detached garage, the battery was recovered and still fine. Got lucky and the one prop that was broken had a match from an old set, so I'll be able to get some flight time in waiting for that slow boat from HK.

Anyway, here's what I'm looking at. Once I get the parts, I'll take pics and write it up. Currently have H107L. Getting H107D shell, H107D motors (same as H107C I *think*?), H107C HD camera board. Bunch of extra props, and a 380mAh battery plus one of the BG 500mAh battery to check out for the hell of it. So, hopefully I can cobble that together into a flyable craft - not looking to FPV yet, just hoping to get some fun video.

Just want to say thanks again to the community; this forum has been invaluable and seriously makes me love this hobby even more. Painful for my wallet, though - thankfully these micros are "relatively" cheap to work with...

Quick Reply