Oct 02, 2013, 01:27 AM
Random Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam
... not to point out the obvious, but take a look around - this is the Grand Wing Servo sub-forum. This forum is intended for GWS model discussion. I'm sorry you feel that models from other manufactures have relevance here, but that's not typically how these vendor-specific sub-forums work here.

Usually I would agree, but this is news of a HK version of a SS and is therefore relevant to past GWS customers, especially those located where GWS no longer have dealers. Just as 10+ years ago, news of the GWS SS would be relevant in a thread about the original "stick" planes...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2013, 02:22 AM
<<<<I|I>>>>
In that case, do you think somebody needs to post a discussion thread in this forum on HK's F3A Patternish Ship because it is a clone of the GWS Formosa? Or maybe an other thread of a GWS clone that HK may come out with?

I would disagree.

Post here in this thread as you wish. Just keep it civil. I ain't tryin' to regulate, honest
Oct 02, 2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
In that case, do you think somebody needs to post a discussion thread in this forum on HK's F3A Patternish Ship because it is a clone of the GWS Formosa? Or maybe an other thread of a GWS clone that HK may come out with?

I would disagree.

Post here in this thread as you wish. Just keep it civil. I ain't tryin' to regulate, honest
Quote:
Odd that you are asking others to keep it civil after your "riffraff" comment. If that fits your definition of civil then the gloves are off.
Oct 02, 2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Hey Dave,

I can see how one may perceive my previous post as being out of line, and actually it is now that crophopper's vile slanderous post has been cleaned up, at the mod's request - which was very fitting.
I totally agree that it was out of line and should have been censored but that did not happen.

It now appears that all riffraff posts to the GWS forum that refer to the HK model are being deleted and transferred here by the admins, Personally I think it is unfortunate that the HK version and the GWS version cannot peacefully coexist in the same thread. The two are so similar that ideas on modifications and advice on tuning, etc that apply to one of them will in many cases apply to the other, but you should be happy now.
Oct 02, 2013, 10:24 AM
Fly The Friendly Skies
Quote:
Hey Dave,

I can see how one may perceive my previous post as being out of line, and actually it is now that crophopper's vile slanderous post has been cleaned up, at the mod's request - which was very fitting.

This member went on and posted a string of offensive posts in other threads before he was banned, displaying a profound lack of etiquette within his short, 6-day stay here on the forums.

Beaves' comments ridiculing those who regularly post in the established, part 9 SS thread were just as deceptive and unfounded, though more censored. I have found them folks to be super knowledgable and helpful to newcomers over the years and I have high regard for them. Beaves only removed his comments when he realized he linked this thread to the very thread he was disparaging.

And not to point out the obvious, but take a look around - this is the Grand Wing Servo sub-forum. This forum is intended for GWS model discussion. I'm sorry you feel that models from other manufactures have relevance here, but that's not typically how these vendor-specific sub-forums work here.

Anyway, peace be with you
Hold the phone phoam....
You've taken my past posts completely out of contenxt and/or turned them into something entirely different. I can unedit if necessary. I have not said ANYTHING about the original SS forum that was either "unfounded, disparaging, or deceptive."
My very first post to this page was a simple question...."Is this going to be the HK SS version forum?" It was crophopper that then disparaged the other forum, not me. I simply said I don't ask a lot of question over there because you'd better be on your game upon doing so. You need to do your research by reading the forum first or there are a few members that will call you out for your post. This isn't unfounded or disparaging. It is absolute truth. This behavior has been publicly acknowledged on the forum and one of the participants admitted to treating people this way. That was no more than 3 pages ago. I myself have been the receipient of that behavior on the SS forum and apologized to afterwards. I'm hesitant to ask any questions on the SS forum and If I do I try to search first so as not to ruffle any feathers and receive a sarcastic response.
I'm not saying it isn't justified. This same thing is going on at a lof of other threads on RCgroups. The forum is getting very large and with the wealth of information at our "search box" fingertips I can see why it may annoy the long time members to live through the cycle of newbie questions over and over again. There is nothing wrong with this. But there is certainly no denying that this enviornment exists on the SS forum as it has recently been admitted to.
I would paste both my original posts and this one on the SS thread itself and it would not be met with any surprise. No one would be offended because it is admitted truth and how certain members like it. There's nothing wrong with that. Their response would be that this is an accurate assesment and stand behind it. Again, this is not disparaging or unfounded. This is not even an opinion. I am simply describing facts that cannot be denied. This behavior has been publicly confronted on the SS forum. And in response, it has been publicly admitted to. And in the same post of admission, this behavior was defended as being acceptable when people do not take the time to properly research before posting.
I'm not saying this is wrong. I'm a newcomer to rcgroups. Who am I to call the old hands out for how they manage their forum?
There is nothing wrong with anything I have said regarding the other forum. Not the people, nor the content. There are great people over there that will answer anything. There are also great people over there that have a higher level of expectation for posters. And those handful of people admittedly respond with a level of sarcasm to let the poster know his question did not meet their minimum threshold of expectation. They admit they do it. They defend that they do it. And I am not saying they are wrong. It's their forum and they can respond to questions as sarcastically as they see fit. Simply pointing out that they do this (AFTER IT HAS BEEN PUBLICLY ADMITTED BY ONE OF THE PARTICIPANTS) on the forum is not disparaging the forum. And is certainly not unfounded as this post is now public record. It is not ridiculing as I simply stated facts without any negative remarks. And deception? It is not deception when it is truth publicly admitted to!
I'm not hiding over on another forum while taking about the original. I posted there just yesterday. Like I said, I would gladly paste this over there and it wouldn't offend anyone. One of the most sarcastic personalities over there has called me out many times for my stupid posts when I was a newbie. However, he is absolutely brilliant when it comes to this hobby and he has helped me tremendously. His potential responses of sarcasm force me to second guess my posts and think about them first. I think he would say to this...."Mission Accomplished!" The fact that something is what it is doesn't mean "it" is wrong. It certainly doesn't mean discussing "it" is ridiculing, disparaging, unfounded, or deceptive.

You have now publicly called me "riffraff" and followed that up days later by saying I have disparaged, deceived, ridiculed, and made unfounded statements about other people. ALL of which are untrue. I've written far more than I intended to in order to explain why none of your accusations are correct. You have now attacked me twice on this forum when I have said nothing to you. I don't understand what is driving your anger issues towards me and making you continue to attack me.

I was asked a question on the SS forum about the HK Slow stick I recently purchased. Knowing it would not be tolerated to discuss it there, I immediately responded that the conversation should be taken elsewhere. I searched the forum and found this thread where it was being discussed. Even here, I didn't just burst in with comments. I respectfully asked first if this was the proper place. Upon being attacked by you and called riffraff, I removed all of my posts. In all of this, across two threads, I have simply tried to respond to someone and have a conversation about an airplane without being personally attacked. That doesn't appear to be possible. Even after removing myself from the entire conversation and coming back a week later you are still attacking me. Have you nothing better to do? Your behavior should be reported to the moderator.
Oct 02, 2013, 10:43 AM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave
I totally agree that it was out of line and should have been censored but that did not happen.

It now appears that all riffraff posts to the GWS forum that refer to the HK model are being deleted and transferred here by the admins, Personally I think it is unfortunate that the HK version and the GWS version cannot peacefully coexist in the same thread. The two are so similar that ideas on modifications and advice on tuning, etc that apply to one of them will in many cases apply to the other, but you should be happy now.
They can, and you're welcome to discuss this airframe on the "main" SS thread all you want, just as we discuss the MM upgrades and everything else. Nobody important cares about that kind of thing.
Oct 02, 2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
They can, and you're welcome to discuss this airframe on the "main" SS thread all you want, just as we discuss the MM upgrades and everything else. Nobody important cares about that kind of thing.
As I posted on the main forum, AFIK the name "Slow Stick" refers to an aircraft type, as does the name "Cub". It is not owned by GWS or anyone else. It is not a registered trade mark in the US.
Oct 02, 2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave
I fail to understand how you an call people you disagree with riffraff and get away with it while posters who have pushed back for that get their posts censored. I think I will join the HK group. They seem like a more friendly group.
Thanks
Oct 30, 2013, 10:00 PM
altitude adjustment
So now that some of you have been flying the HK Slowstick for awhile now, what are your thoughts? I've heard mention of brittle plastic parts; how are they holding up? My youngest son is showing interest in flying and I'm thinking this is the plane to start him off.

Mark
Oct 30, 2013, 10:57 PM
I've heard mention of brittle plastic parts; how are they holding up? My youngest son is showing interest in flying and I'm thinking this is the plane to start him off.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Very brittle plastic parts. On 2nd flight, a wind gust forced me into the ground from about 3' up. I broke the Motor mount & front wing / landing gear attachment bracket.

Hobby King does not have replacement parts yet.

Millennium R/C has some parts that will work for you.

http://www.flyerc.mybigcommerce.com/...er-motor-mount

http://www.flyerc.mybigcommerce.com/...e-accessories/

The way the landing gear is attached is very poor. You can break the bracket in a hard landing. Make sure you reinforce it.
The Millennium landing gear may work out also..

http://www.flyerc.mybigcommerce.com/...-landing-gear/
Oct 31, 2013, 07:16 PM
altitude adjustment
Thanks for the info TuffEnuff. I'll have to order up a full set of X-Gear if I decide on this plane. Do you think the wing join method on the HKSS is adequate for some mild to semi wild aerobatics? I'm thinking as soon as the kid gets the hang of it, he's gunna wanna cut loose a little. Tight loops and rolls is what I'm picturing. It looks like the power setup on this plane will prevent anything involving high speeds so that should keeps things at least a little tame.

Mark
Nov 01, 2013, 08:10 AM
Right Rudder

Patrick Egan at TEDxSacramento

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce you all to the "REAL SLOW STICK"

My drone: Patrick Egan at TEDxSacramento (6 min 48 sec)
Nov 01, 2013, 09:41 AM
Fly The Friendly Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbhead
Thanks for the info TuffEnuff. I'll have to order up a full set of X-Gear if I decide on this plane. Do you think the wing join method on the HKSS is adequate for some mild to semi wild aerobatics? I'm thinking as soon as the kid gets the hang of it, he's gunna wanna cut loose a little. Tight loops and rolls is what I'm picturing. It looks like the power setup on this plane will prevent anything involving high speeds so that should keeps things at least a little tame.

Mark
Mine has held up without issue so far, but I also don't fly it very often. However, when I do I take it to it's limits. I only bought it out of curiosity to compare to the gws version. Due to all the upgrades on my gws's I typically reach for them. To be sure, the HK version performs better out of the box, so it it should keep your son entertained longer without needing to mod it out.
During the build, use a hair dryer to expand/soften the parts a bit so you don't stress them when sliding on the fuse.
Hope this helps and have fun. These stick planes are a blast!
Nov 01, 2013, 12:02 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce you all to the "REAL SLOW STICK"
LOL, I'm waiting for the Ted Talk on "Ted Talks Are So Annoying"

I'm building one into a drone with auto-pilot. It isn't anything really special. It's cool and all, but easy.
Dec 04, 2013, 02:40 PM
What goes up must come down..
does the esc can take 3S lipo's?
Also what is the prop dia x pitch?