Slow Stick from Hobbyking? - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:49 PM
crophopper
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack.
Sep 23, 2013, 11:57 PM
Fly The Friendly Skies
Beaves's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam
Almost seems preposterous to carry on about this HK model here since GWS doesn't have a hand in it.

Note to the OP - you can choose to have this thread moved to the HK forum or anywhere else appropriate as it looks to be attracting the riffraff needlessly to the GWS forum
I will remove my posts. I simply searched for somewhere discussing this plane and didn't realize someone had started it in an inappropriate forum.
Is it really necessary to call people names though?
Sep 24, 2013, 12:09 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaves
I will remove my posts. I simply searched for somewhere discussing this plane and didn't realize someone had started it in an inappropriate forum.
Is it really necessary to call people names though?
Edited
Last edited by crophopper; Sep 25, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
Sep 25, 2013, 09:05 AM
Suspended Account
Crophopper.......spot on my man.
Sep 25, 2013, 09:11 AM
Registered User
Mine's on order
Sep 25, 2013, 09:29 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohmer
Mine's on order
Gohmer....Phoam doesn't want anyone to discuss the HK Slowstick here. He thinks its "Preposterous". He called anyone doing so...."Riffraff"
Should we buy him a box of tissue?
Sep 25, 2013, 09:45 AM
Registered User
Edited by moderator request
Last edited by Gohmer; Sep 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
Sep 25, 2013, 09:54 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohmer
Sneak back under your bridge. Phoam is an innovator and dedicated SlowStick enthusiast. Your quotes of him are taken out of context.
You want me to join you and phoam under a bridge? What exactly do you guys do under there?
Sep 25, 2013, 09:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by crophopper
You want me to join you and phoam under a bridge? What exactly do you guys do under there?
You forgot to sign in under the screen name you wanted to reply with
Sep 25, 2013, 10:00 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by crophopper
You want me to join you and phoam under a bridge? What exactly do you guys do under there?
Just plane talk I'm sure. You know, pushrods, gyros, batteries,
Sep 29, 2013, 06:49 AM
Random Flier

Flat wings, ailerons, brushless...


... looks like a Slow Stick from an alternative dimension where GWS was still developing its products! A SS+ if you like.
Sep 29, 2013, 06:59 AM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by isvana
... looks like a Slow Stick from an alternative dimension where GWS was still developing its products! A SS+ if you like.
It is just too close to being the Genuine Article from GWS.

Even Millennium R/C at least changed the name to SLOW STICK-X and initially used Genuine GWS Slow Stick Parts which I liked to keep the new and improved model as light as possible.

However, this offering from Hobby King does not provide ANY new advancement.

Millennium R/C was created by James Karpy of Orlando, Florida and I have one Prototype wing assembly still in my hobby closet.

If you like Advancement go and look at the Millennium R/C, as it has been done the right way in all accounts!











SLOW STICK X Maiden Flight #1 (3 min 53 sec)
Last edited by PittSpecial; Sep 29, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Sep 29, 2013, 11:59 AM
Random Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
It is just too close to being the Genuine Article from GWS.

Even Millennium R/C at least changed the name to SLOW STICK-X and initially used Genuine GWS Slow Stick Parts which I liked to keep the new and improved model as light as possible.

However, this offering from Hobby King does not provide ANY new advancement.

Millennium R/C was created by James Karpy of Orlando, Florida and I have one Prototype wing assembly still in my hobby closet.

If you like Advancement go and look at the Millennium R/C, as it has been done the right way in all accounts!...
Nice - I've got the SA wing to build at some point...

But the HW is an advancement for some I'm sure - ailerons, brushless, flat wing. Just a shame GWS have disappeared and left other manufacturers to copy / exploit their designs...
Oct 01, 2013, 10:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam
Almost seems preposterous to carry on about this HK model here since GWS doesn't have a hand in it.

Note to the OP - you can choose to have this thread moved to the HK forum or anywhere else appropriate as it looks to be attracting the riffraff needlessly to the GWS forum
I fail to understand how you an call people you disagree with riffraff and get away with it while posters who have pushed back for that get their posts censored. I think I will join the HK group. They seem like a more friendly group.
Oct 02, 2013, 01:08 AM
<<<<I|I>>>>
phoam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave
I fail to understand how you an call people you disagree with riffraff and get away with it while posters who have pushed back for that get their posts censored. I think I will join the HK group. They seem like a more friendly group.

Hey Dave,

I can see how one may perceive my previous post as being out of line, and actually it is now that crophopper's vile slanderous post has been cleaned up, at the mod's request - which was very fitting.

This member went on and posted a string of offensive posts in other threads before he was banned, displaying a profound lack of etiquette within his short, 6-day stay here on the forums.

Beaves' comments ridiculing those who regularly post in the established, part 9 SS thread were just as deceptive and unfounded, though more censored. I have found them folks to be super knowledgable and helpful to newcomers over the years and I have high regard for them. Beaves only removed his comments when he realized he linked this thread to the very thread he was disparaging.

And not to point out the obvious, but take a look around - this is the Grand Wing Servo sub-forum. This forum is intended for GWS model discussion. I'm sorry you feel that models from other manufactures have relevance here, but that's not typically how these vendor-specific sub-forums work here.

Anyway, peace be with you


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Slow Stick Not: Pylon & Pattern Slow Stick Otto Dieffenbach Foamies (Kits) 12 Feb 23, 2015 02:51 PM
Discussion Slow V or Slow Stick? IWC Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 7 Feb 07, 2013 08:19 PM
New Product From Slow Stick AP to Slow Stick FPV Qrome Aerial Photography 4 Aug 24, 2009 12:24 PM
Discussion From Slow Stick to Pro Stick Real Ira Aerial Photography 15 Mar 21, 2008 12:23 AM
Gallery AP Slow Stick - SLOW landing ProBroJoe Your Plane Photos 0 Oct 20, 2005 09:40 AM