Slow Stick from Hobbyking? - Page 12 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 03, 2017, 04:25 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Hardline, try shimming up the trailing edge of the wing. The high incidence of the Slow Stick normally causes ballooning when under power. You can tell this is happening if you cut power and the plane glides fairly level but climbs like mad when power is re-applied. Also also check that you have about 5 degrees down thrust in the motor.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 04:45 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Thanks GBob. I flew this quite a while before the big crash, so I know what it should feel like. Because repair parts weren't available, I made my own, and I can make the front wing mount adjustable -- more so than the rear. The motor has the proper thrust angle, but I need to drop the front of the wing maybe 1/8 to 3/16".

Actually, during the re-maiden it tried to crash again. My guess, loss of com tx /rx. But this time it woke up a few feet from the ground and resumed normal flight. I've seen this recently with multiple rx's, so I'm starting to worry about my DX6. I wonder if HH can do RF testing?