Interest in Grumman F3F - RC Groups
Feb 11, 2004, 06:58 PM
Nickel what?

Interest in Grumman F3F

I've spent the past 4 months working on a laser cut Grumman F3F, and am in the process of finding a cutter and getting a price.

The plane is a 32" span, its 23" long (or will be with cowling and prop).

I've yet to build one, but am looking for interested persons who would like to build the first round of 'short-kits'. I plan for it to be completely sheeted fuse, with a sheeted LE on the wings. Its A/R/E/T (full house) with no LG.

For more pics and information, check out this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hreadid=168864
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2004, 07:35 PM
have you contacted aerolock models?? they can quote and kit...

I believe its www.aerolockmodels.com they advertise on the "zone" too
Feb 11, 2004, 07:39 PM
Nickel what?
yup, just sent them an email. Thanks!
Feb 11, 2004, 08:34 PM
let me know if your going to sell kits or looking for assistance to build one or 2.. ( Like I don't HAVE enought projcts!!lol)

J
Feb 13, 2004, 01:05 AM

Free plan

Since i dont know how to link to a url....Go to your favorite search engine..i use Yahoo, use the images search(again, i use yahoo), and type in simply...."Bauplan F3F"..........Your welcome!
Feb 13, 2004, 07:19 AM
Manzano Laser Works

Link a URL

OhioMike,

Since i dont know how to link to a url

- select the entire URL text in the address line of your browser,
- press Ctrl-C to copy it,
- single-click in the "Your Reply:" text box on the "Post Reply" screen
- and press Ctrl-P to paste the URL into the text box.

Tom
Feb 13, 2004, 01:13 PM
Nickel what?
Very nice pictures... The real inflight ones are from the planes donated to the Chino Air Museum... I've seen all 3 There's one in Galveston too, havn't seen it yet, but its mostly a replica anyhow (few original parts).

Here's a beautiful shot:
http://www.f4aviation.co.uk/airshow01/legends/f3f.jpg
Feb 13, 2004, 01:16 PM
Nickel what?
A great shot of Iron Works projects:
http://iet.open.ac.uk/pp/p.j.downs/w...ypast_02_l.jpg
Feb 13, 2004, 02:29 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en...q=grumman+f3f+

I have interest...but I have no money. BAAAAD combo.
Feb 13, 2004, 07:26 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
Phreak whats a F3F thingy??
Feb 18, 2004, 09:40 PM
Nickel what?
LOL. smart ass, lol

Well, luckily it wont cost much for these kits. I'm getting 5 for the first run, when I get 'em and send out the 'reserved' ones, I'll let everyone know they're available. They'll be $30-35 plus shipping (actual cost) depending on how much the cowls will cost in the end, and such. But I dont expect the first round to be more than $30, and luckily, the second round should be the same. If it goes into a full kit stage, it'll probably be from $40-50
Feb 19, 2004, 03:12 AM
Hi Phreakish, can I get in on this action too? I've been following your posts on the f3f and really developed an appreciation for it. Short kit, full kit, I'm good. Thanks!
Feb 19, 2004, 07:30 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Phreakish,
I'd like to put my hat in the ring for a short kit. Just PM or e-mail when you decide.

J
Latest blog entry: TBD Devastator @ 1:7.3 scale
Feb 19, 2004, 12:43 PM
Electric Coolhunter
I got to see the all the replica F3F aircraft being built at the Texas Airplane Factory here in Fort Worth, years ago. Herb Tischler and son and company did a heck of a fine job. All of the world's flying F3Fs came from that batch, even if some of the pilots and owners tell you differently...

At an airshow, one of the pilots or owners was calling the replica F3F a "restoration", since there is one, repeat one, tiny original bit of a bracket or some other small part from a crashed F3F somewhere on the plane. He was downright nasty when I offered my opinion that it was really a replica and not a restored original....

While it might "technically" be a restoration, it is, in all reality, a replica aircraft done to a very high standard.

Note that restored warbirds are worth much more than replica ones...

Nice job on the laser cut F3F. Are you getting more than the first 5?
Latest blog entry: Event planning for 2018
Feb 19, 2004, 04:15 PM
Nickel what?
With as many people who have expressed interest, I think I'll get another 10 after this, and make some changes too while I'm at it (after the alpha birds are finished).

I'll let everyone know when I have the kits in hand, and how many are left (there are a number of people I'ev already decided on, due to their help, and offerings throughout the process).

I dont want to over excite anyone until they can see SOMETHING Keep checking back, because I should have the kits by the end of the week,or early next week, and will be posting pics of the peices, and the build...

Quick Reply