This thread is privately moderated by TedD60, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 27, 2018, 05:10 PM
Closed Account
Thank you, Zipman!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2018, 02:41 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
I don't remember seeing this site posted.
https://drawingdatabase.com/category/aircraft/
Apr 14, 2018, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=davidterrell80;39508485]I don't remember seeing this site posted.]

Thanks! Nice that the views can be significantly enlarged.

Gene K
Jun 02, 2018, 11:48 PM
Came upon this link in a thread entitled "Strange Scale subjects" over on Hip Pocket Aeronautics. The main theme of the thread seems to be a very unique and colorfull Italian homebuilt aircraft called the Aerogallo Rooster. There is even a three view and COLOR PHOTOS. However the link is actually to a number of EAA magazines spanning several years/types. Good stuff on a number of designs generating interest here. Aside from the Rooster, there was Ryan SCW and SCM data and images(more color) of Stinson Voyager , and Sikorsky S-38!!!, etc. I suspect I will be perusing the offerings there for quite some time.
https://issuu.com/dashound/docs/aero...versionsing/11

Make sure you scroll Rt. Rooster article starts on pages 21-22. Knock yourself out!
Jan 29, 2019, 05:20 PM

Airfix Magazine - source of 3-views and color schemes

You are able to download entire magazine issues from the web site archive.org.

Airfix Magazine was published from 1960 to 1993.

Here is a Google search to find information on the Curtiss P-40, for example:
Quote:
Airfix Magazine "Curtiss P-40" site:https://archive.org
(Note: the double quotes surrounding Curtiss P-40 and the site: Google search command)

In my example, there are many Google search results, and most start with "Full text of...".
I do not want the ASCII text version of Airfx magazines.
I want the PDF version, so I get images included in the magazine I download.

The search results include 1969 07, 1976 12, 1970 06, 1969 12.
I clicked on the first result, the 1969 07 link.
At the top of the archive.org web site, there is a "See other formats" link.
I clicked that link.
Archive.org displays the magazine cover near the top.
Scroll down so the Download Options section is visible.
If I hover my mouse cursor of the PDF link (on the right of the web site), a download icon appears.
Right click the download icon , and click "Save target as...".

When the download completes, open the PDF.
This PDF is 27 pages long and the Table of Contents is on PDF page 5, which is magazine page 479.
I do not see any mention of "Curtiss P-40".
I finally find "Curtiss P-40" on PDF page 27 (the last page), in a model shop advertisement.
So, no drawings of a P-40.
But the 1960 07 issue does include the aviation articles:
Bombing Colors (PDF page 16) side view drawing and photos.
Fokker Triplane (PDF pages 18-19) side, top and bottom drawing, photos, and top detail drawing.

You can cross refences if there are drawings, by going to this web site, which provides the Airfix Magazine Contents Listing:
http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/mags/con...ts-listing.htm

Near the bottom of this AeroFlight web page, there are links to the Airfix 1960s and 1980s magazine contents.

-Steve
Jul 31, 2019, 11:55 PM
Over on Hip Pocket Aeronautics, under Builders Plans Gallery, older issues of now defunct, but once premier British modeling periodical, Aeromodeller Magazine. is slowly but impressively growing and made available for down load. LOTS of classic scale drawings from the 50's and 60's. Be prepared for an evening or five, wasting awa.. er ... I mean dreaming of the possibilities.... Several jets, Saab. Vickers, NAA F-100 etc. plus

Most of those drawings need to re-appear here. Again, be aware, one needs to be a registered HPA forum member to access the Builder Gallery lists and further registered there to access/download the listed items themselves. I don't understand the double requirement, but definitely worth the hassle.
Aug 27, 2019, 06:26 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Not exactly a drawing page....

https://www.worldcat.org/

Contains the card catalog of just about every library on the planet. I created a profile that included my Zip/Mail code and when searching for books or periodicals, the query results are sorted by closeness to you.
Often, an interlibrary loan will bring the book to the library near you.
Aug 31, 2019, 02:34 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Some interesting video footage of some rarely-seen aircraft
Odd Ducks: Unusual Aircraft from the Movietone Collection, 1921-1934 (25 min 57 sec)

00:14 RB-1 Remington Burnelli
01:37 Le Santeral man-powered
02:30 RB-2 Remington Burnelli
03:49 FERNIC T-9
05:55 Last Laugh
08:41 Johnson Helicopter Airplane
11:51 Northrop N1-M
15:34 Foolproof Airplane
17:48 Nemeth Parasol
20:54 Tupolev ANT-20 Maxim Gorky
22:29 Hoffman Flying Wing (AKA "ARUP")
23:57 Robertson Waterplane

Placed here to expose them to the search tool.
Aug 31, 2019, 02:50 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Another video of rare subjects, indexed here.
Odd Ducks, Vol. II: Unusual and Unique Aircraft from the Movietone Collection (13 min 9 sec)

00:17 Farman Tourabout
02:49 Junkers-Larson JL-12
05:36 Lilienthal Glider
06:38 Weil Ornithicopter
07:56 Parachute Airplane
09:31 Curtiss Tanager
Oct 22, 2019, 04:47 AM
Entropy is happening!

MXS aerobatic aircraft.

I am interested in finding a 3 view drawing of this plane.
If anyone can direct me to one, that would be really nice.
Or......

If one cannot be found, maybe a 3 view drawing of an Extra EA- 300 ?

Jim.
Oct 29, 2019, 08:31 AM
Extra 300
Drawing © by H.-J.Fischer
Oct 29, 2019, 04:12 PM
Entropy is happening!
Thanks Espen.
Jul 12, 2020, 06:17 AM

A "potentially GROWING" site for WW II aircraft drawings...in Japan!

Dear Gellow RC-Groupers:

The PIPE Here...from one of the social network sites I regularly visit that concerns itself with RC aircraft plansets of all types, I found out about a "relatively new-to-us" website in Japan, , named the "Wings of Pegasus"; mostly "in Nihongo" (the Japanese language's own name for itself) but that ALSO has a developing number of WW II aircraft SCALE DRAWINGS there...

...it's "mostly" geared to the needs of plastic-static modeling, but the link takes one to a page that - in its central column, as the left column IS entirely in Nihongo - any of the UNDERLINED mentioned "scale subject aircraft" (in English, with the appropriate British Union Jack just to its right) forms a link to scale DRAWINGS of that WW II aircraft, which is something many of us RC-Groupers might find useful!

Hope this could be a "developing-ly useful site" for us RCers who love WW II aircraft, just as much as the Japanese website I call "Ms. Miyama's Retracting LG Tech" has already proven to be... !!

Thanks and Yours Sincerely,
The PIPE....!!
Jul 12, 2020, 08:28 AM
David, Great find. Going to be a nice source for detail and drawings
Jul 12, 2020, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The PIPE
... I found out about a "relatively new-to-us" website in Japan, , named the "Wings of Pegasus"; mostly "in Nihongo" ...!!
Jumpei Temma's site.
Some drawings from it have been posted here before. But it is good to keep the link here. There's a lot there. The link again
http://soyuyo.main.jp/top2.htm

Quick Reply