Forum guidelines -- please read before posting - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by TedD60, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 28, 2013, 09:20 AM
Alert

Forum guidelines -- please read before posting

FORUM GUIDELINES -- PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Welcome to the Scale Drawings and Three Views Forum

This is a forum for the posting and sharing of Scale Drawings and Three Views of FULL SIZED AIRCRAFT, plus aircraft engines, equipment, cockpits, machine guns, bombs and other equipment/weapons that may be attached to full sized aircraft.

In addition to scale drawings and three views, in this forum will be a sticky thread that will be an on-going "clearing house" for information and addresses to places, internet and geographic, where drawings and 3 views may be found. This sticky will permit postings of addresses of sources of scale drawings and 3 views that may be found in countries/places which may have laws and understandings on copyright differing from what the US and the owners of this website do.

The owners of this website request that copies of copyright protected material are NOT posted here.

AS long as it meets the rules regarding copyright, any drawing or 3 view posted will STAY posted. NO SCALE DRAWING OR 3 VIEW will be rejected on a basis of format, quality, or accuracy. This being said, because adobe type .pdf formatting is very popular, it is preferred that posters use this format. Please note, however, that many people have the tools to convert just about any file into the .pdf format and are encouraged to to do so. Discussion of the accuracy/quality of various plans and 3 views WILL of course be permitted, as long as the discussion does not get heated and personal. Belligerent(s) WILL be dealt with by the administrators of this website.

This forum will accept NO MODEL A/C PLANS AT ALL. There are other forums on this website that deal with model a/c plans.

This is NOT a forum for the discussion of flying or building scale model aircraft of any type.

This is a reference tool to be used by builders of ALL types of scale model aircraft.

ANY person who builds scale aircraft models ... fuel or electric ... R/C, FF or CL ... foam or balsa ... uses scale drawings and 3 views and is welcome to post here.

PLEASE READ:

To help others find your posts and to keep this forum from becoming a shoe-box full of drawings:

Before posting a drawing or three view, please take the time to search the forum to see if a thread already exists for the aircraft, engine, or equipment you wish to add. To save space, please try to avoid posting drawings that are already posted. If there is an existing thread, but you have a different drawing that what was posted, please add your contribution to the existing thread. If nothing exists, or if you're not sure, please create a new thread in the forum.

REMEMBER: If it can't be found in a search ... its almost useless to post it. To help people making searches, make the title of your posted information or thread as clear and simple as possible. Remember to include the following two pieces of information:

1. The name of the manufacturer of the a/c. It is okay to use commonly accepted abbreviations, but if you have any doubt, please type the full name, such as "North American".

2. The name of the aircraft, engine, or equipment. This could be a type designation, such as "P-51," and/or a type name, such as "Mustang," or both.

By including the Manufacturer’s name, type designation and model name, you will help the builder who comes along and does a search for a drawing of the North American P-51 Mustang that you posted.

If you are posting a number of scale drawings, please remember to include the above stated information for EACH drawing submitted.

If you wish, feel free to include a brief biography of the aircraft, engine or equipment or provide a link to a biography located elsewhere, such as Wikipedia. It might also be helpful if you include where you came across the scale drawing or three view.

A WORD on the condition of scale drawing: If you have a scale drawing or 3 view that is complete but has deteriorated from age, please go ahead and post it. If it is damaged or deteriorated, please remember to describe the drawing's condition. There are those in the model a/c community who have the skills, time and programs necessary to clean up and save drawings that otherwise may be lost forever.

COPYRIGHT

Above all else, the owners/administrators of this website and this forum wish to preserve the property of a copyright holder.

As a general rule, if you have any question in your mind at all about the copyright on a drawing you want to post ... DO NOT POST IT.

As stated on a number of other forums on this website: Scale Drawings or 3 View Drawings that are still under copyright protection should not be posted without the express written permission of the current copyright holder. This prohibition would also include drawings that are currently being sold by publishers such as AMA, Flying Models and Carstens, Air Age and Model Airplane News, RC Modeler magazine and plans, and similar publishers should not be posted. Be aware that a business that no longer offers a Scale Drawing or 3 view for sale may still hold the copyright to that drawing. We need to continue to support the businesses that support our hobby.

Scale Drawings and 3 views that are posted here are intended for educational purposes only and NOT intended for resale. It is important to note that this is NOT a forum operated “for profit”. The owners of this website request that copies of copyright protected material are NOT sold here.

If a copyright owner objects to his material being shared here, he should report the violation of his copyright to the administration of this website who will take it down immediately.

If a person does NOT hold the copyright to a particular drawing, but has knowledge that it is still under copyright protection, he should report the suspected violation of copyright to the administration of this website with whatever evidence he has. The administration/owners of this website will make a judgment and take action to protect itself it deems prudent.

You are NOT the copyright police. Avoid needless bickering. Constant reminders or law interpretations are NOT wanted or needed. To repeat: if you see something that you have proof is still under copyright, PLEASE report any copyright violations to the owners/administrators of this website.

Do NOT post nudity or materials deemed sexist in nature. Profanity will not be tolerated. Please report any violations of common civility or abuse to the owners/administrators of this website.

We are all here to help one another. If you cannot find the 3-view or scale drawing of a specific aircraft, engine, bomb, weapon, or cockpit ... ask away! You never can tell what forgotten gem somebody may have squirreled away in a shoe-box someplace.

Thank you very much for your contributions. Your efforts will make this forum a reference library that EVERY builder can use.
Last edited by TedD60; Feb 26, 2016 at 02:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2013, 10:25 AM
I'd like to dedicate this forum to William J. (Bill) Schenker, M.D. Long time poster on this website and all 'round good guy.

When he was a boy, many years ago, his Dad took him to see the plane that Lindbergh flew across the ocean in. And ever since ... whenever he heard the sound of a plane going over ... he looked up to watch the miracle.

I'll bet he's doing that right now.

He didn't give because he had to ...

Thanks Bill.
Last edited by TedD60; Aug 28, 2013 at 01:30 PM.
Sep 06, 2013, 04:33 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
I just created two threads... I used a brief excerpt from Wikipedia to describe the aircraft and used two image tags to point to 1) a picture on Wikipedia and 2) a drawing on another site. This way I do not copy the image but rather link to it.

Does this sound acceptable?

David
Latest blog entry: Remembering Bob Hoover
Sep 06, 2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80
I just created two threads... I used a brief excerpt from Wikipedia to describe the aircraft and used two image tags to point to 1) a picture on Wikipedia and 2) a drawing on another site. This way I do not copy the image but rather link to it.

Does this sound acceptable?

David
Sounds good to me.
Oct 06, 2013, 08:28 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Just a note to those using the Forum.

By default the list is sorted by "Date of Last Post" but you can sort the list by any column.

If you click on the word "Thread" at the top of the second column, the list will sort alphabetically, with the sticky threads still at the top. This may help those wanting a Alphabetic representation of the contents.

David
Nov 14, 2013, 11:00 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Those viewing the forum should not forget that you can click on the column headings and sort the list of threads alphabetically, if your wish; or, to search in the thread names for particular manufacturers.
Dec 04, 2013, 01:19 PM
JUST A REMINDER.

Here is the official RCG position on copyright infringement, right from the top, Jason Cole.

QUOTE:

"Hey Guys,
Wanted to chime in here about the copyright rules on RCG. Here's what the rule says:

"Copyright infringement - Posted content contains copyrighted material and the poster does not have a license for distribution, or the post encourages or provides access in some way to pirated material. Note that it is considered copyright infringement to quote extensively from a published work, including articles published online. Please provide a link to such works rather than a quote."

Posting such content would receive a warning and point for breaking a site rule. "

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...87&postcount=6
Last edited by TedD60; Dec 04, 2013 at 01:26 PM.
Dec 06, 2013, 12:41 PM
Since I am guilty of adding extraneous comments to some of the aircraft picture and drawings posted by dt80 and others, would it be appropriate for me to remove my remarks, so the thread is free of clutter?

Jim R.
Dec 06, 2013, 05:07 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
For my part, I'm not against such remarks unless off topic talk leaves the subject aircraft topic for a good while. I recommend "let them be; and, in the future, take it to the Sticky coordination thread. Or, start a Scale Drawing Off-topic Thread... and take it there.
Dec 23, 2013, 11:06 AM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
If you want to have a picture display from another website, you can get the link to the photo by displaying the photo in a separate page or doing a right-click and "copy image URL" (or equivalent).

If you are editing in advance mode you will see a button looking like a mountain landscape with a yellow sky. Click that button and paste the address of the photo.

If you want to do it manually when you first paste the link into you message, pause and "wrap it with image tags."

The open tag is the letters IMG withi0n square brackets.
The closing tag is the letters "slash" IMG within square brackets.

I'm going to put a space between each character in the below example... those spaces should not not be used when you do it for real...

[ I M G ] h t t p : / / w w w . p i c t u r e . c o m / i m a g e . j p g [ / I M G ]

This works for jpg, bmp and other image files... but not PDF files.
Dec 24, 2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks Dave!

I'm counting this as the first, and probably BEST, Christmas present I got this year.
I'm already having a blast with these "[img]" things!

Ted
Dec 24, 2013, 10:51 AM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
You are welcome... the image tags also work within RCGroups...
When you are viweing a picture on another thread and click on it within the viewer, you get an address in static.rcgroups.net

That address can be used, wrapped in image tags, to show the picture in another thread, without having to copy it.

If you right-click on the photo above and open it in a new tab, you will see the original address.

Now, a more advanced technique....
Once you wrap a picture in image tags, you can turn the picture itself into a hyperlink, by selecting everything regarding the image, including the tags, clicking the add hyperlink button (the globe and links of chain) and pasting in a second webpage address.

The image above is from my slow-going Avitruc Scratchbuild.

Here I will paste the same image addy, wrapped in image tags... but I will wrap all of that in a set of URL/link tags.

Click the photo now, and you open the Avitruc thread.

It looks like this within the post (with spaces added)

[ U R L = " h t t p : / / w w w . r c g r o u p s . c o m / f o r u m s / s h o w t h r e a d . p h p ? t = 1 8 1 5 2 5 5 " ] [ I M G ] h t t p : / / s t a t i c . r c g r o u p s . n e t / f o r u m s / a t t a c h m e n t s / 4 / 1 / 2 / 1 / 5 / 2 / a 5 4 7 0 9 8 7 - 1 1 1 - C - 1 2 2 - A v i t r u c - i m a g e m . j p g [ / I M G ] [ / U R L ]

What you see is an:
-- Open URL tag, specifying a link-to website in quotes
-- Open IMG tag
-- the address of the picture that becomes the button you click to go to the link-to website
-- Close IMG tag
-- Close URL tag
Last edited by davidterrell80; Dec 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
Aug 27, 2014, 09:05 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
August 28th... A happy first anniversary to the 3 views thread.
Aug 27, 2015, 05:40 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
August 28th (tomorrow) will mark two years from the start of the forum.

Happy Anniversary! And thanks to TedD60, packardbursuit, espenlaub, Captain Dunsel, perttime and the other contributors.
Dec 28, 2015, 10:03 AM
BTW:

Did you know that if you clicked on the word "Thread" (in black type between the words Category and Thread Starter) it consolidates all the threads on the forum and arranges them in alphabetical order?

Then all you do is scroll though the pages.

I find this VERY useful!

Ted