The Great FPV Scavenger Hunt! - September

Fly FPV. Locate man-made and natural objects for a chance to win. New prizes every month!

Splash

Thousands of dollars in prizes from your favorite FPV dealers

Alright goggle jockeys, charge your batts and make sure you're recording, 'cause you now have a chance to win some epic fpv gear every month in the RCGroups.com Great FPV Scavenger Hunt. We have some big-name dealers donating fpv-related components as well as fpv-ready turn key aircraft! RCGroups will also be giving away 12 month Plus memberships along with the prizes... it's just that awesome.

The contest

Every month, we'll choose a few objects that you must find while flying fpv. These will either be man-made or naturally occurring, and nothing will be placed by us; everything is already out there. Once you spot the item(s) for the month, create a short video from your flight camera or HD camera, highlighting the items. Upload it to either Youtube or Vimeo, and title it: The RCGroups Great FPV Scavenger Hunt: June (or whatever month the contest is on). At the end of the month, everyone who has successfully spotted the items on video and met the rules criteria will be assigned a number. We'll choose the winner from a random-number generator.

The rules

Yes, every contest has rules (bummer, right?), but we think these are fair enough to allow for some healthy competition. And since this is a new contest, we reserve the right to adjust the rules if someone decides to cheat the system (yea, we're THAT hardcore).

The Great FPV Scavenger Hunt rules:

• You must fly fpv while spotting objects. No line-of-sight (los) flying will be accepted as an entry. We expect you to use the honor system on this rule, but if we think you are not flying fpv, we may ask you to prove it.
  • All video used in the contest must be yours, No copyrighted music will be allowed in the video unless you own the copyright. No 3rd party logos, symbols, or websites will be allowed in the contest entry videos (the exception will be the RCGroups.com logo/url, and the sponsor's logos).
  • New and previously captured video will be accepted. No entry videos will be accepted that have been loaded before the contest start date. In other words, you can use video from previously recorded flight, but you will need to compile it into a new video titled: The RCGroups Great FPV Scavenger Hunt: month
  • The spotted objects must be clear enough for us to identify in your video. Feel free to pause the video, or add text markers when the object is on screen... anything that makes the items stand out!
  • All RCGroups members can play, but those outside of North America must pay actual shipping charges on any prizes won.
  • Be safe! We'll do our best to choose objects for the scavenger hunt that don't require dive-bombing the general public to get the shot, but ultimately you are responsible for the safe operation of your aircraft. RCGroups.com, its affiliates, sponsors, and employees will not be held responsible for any incidents that may occur during this contest or at any time.

The sponsors

So far, we have a great group of sponsors on board, and the list will be growing as the contest gains momentum. If you are a dealer and interested in donating, please contact Matt (webdr).

Sponsors:

• Readymaderc
  • RangeVideo
  • Hobbyking
  • TrueRC
  • Skylark FPV
  • Video Aerial Systems
  • ChickenSashimiFPV
  • Mongrel Gear

Have fun!

Get out there, fly FPV. Relax. Have a good time. No whining. Be safe. Did I cover everything? Oh yea... good luck!

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Aug 29, 2013 at 03:36 PM..
Aug 29, 2013, 03:41 PM
The Great FPV Scavenger Hunt for September is sponsored by RangeVideo.com
This month, we have prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, as well as 1-year RCGroups.com PLUS memberships for all 3!

Grand Prize:
Range Video RVJet
RVJet Power Pack
A 1-year RCGroups PLUS membership

Second Place
KX6 Color CCD camera
RangeVideo Mini Pan/Tilt gimbal

Third Place
KX2 Micro color camera
RangeVideo Micro Pan/Tilt gimbal

Scavenger Hunt items:
1. A lone tree in a field or open piece of land (this means no trees around it).
2. Follow a river, creek or stream. (we need to see the water)
3. Wave to your onboard camera as you do an FPV flyby of yourself.

Read the contest rules before you start! Remember, you must be flying FPV while capturing the items on video. Create a video with the items you captured while flying FPV, and title it: The RCGroups Great FPV Scavenger Hunt: September, then post it to this thread. September's contest will run through the 29th, at which time we will assign all entries a number, and choose a winner from a random number generator.
Good luck and have fun!
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Aug 29, 2013 at 04:27 PM.
Aug 29, 2013, 04:12 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Holy crap! The prizes for this round are amazing!

Looks like all I need to do is the waterway one. Is there a minimum stream size?
Like 2 feet across? I'm guessing the water has to be visible?

-Blues
Aug 29, 2013, 04:22 PM
For flying out loud!
sounds cool i ma need to get some better fpv gear!!!
Aug 29, 2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy
Holy crap! The prizes for this round are amazing!

I'm guessing the water has to be visible?

-Blues
Yes. Otherwise it's just a ditch!
Aug 29, 2013, 04:33 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
Yes. Otherwise it's just a ditch!
Right, I meant like the whole way. Does it have to be running water? Or will a pond/lake work?

And for #3 "onboard camera" still includes HD or do you mean the actual downlink video?

-Blues
Aug 29, 2013, 04:38 PM
The idea is to fly down a river or stream, so yes, we're looking for running water... if it opens to a pond that's ok. Just like last time and all future contests, any onboard camera is fine, whether its a flight camera or FPV.
Aug 29, 2013, 04:48 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
The idea is to fly down a river or stream, so yes, we're looking for running water... if it opens to a pond that's ok. Just like last time and all future contests, any onboard camera is fine, whether its a flight camera or FPV.
Thanks for all the clarification. Sorry to be so questioning haha.

-Blues
Aug 29, 2013, 05:19 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
How "lone" is lone enough? I've been scouting Google Earth around me and can't really find a single tree in the middle of a large field.

Would something like this pass?

This is what it looks like from the air:

Aug 29, 2013, 05:43 PM
yes. absolutely. that's what were going for...

To clarify, the tree doesn't have to be in the middle of the area; the idea is just for it to be alone. Your picture is a good example... but it could be a single tree in a park, or a farm field, or any open area... Hope that helps.
matt
Aug 29, 2013, 05:45 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
Great! I wasn't sure, when I read it I imagined something like this in my mind... lol I'm not going to find that in Louisiana though.

Aug 29, 2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau
Great! I wasn't sure, when I read it I imagined something like this in my mind... lol I'm not going to find that in Louisiana though.

thats my backyard !
Aug 29, 2013, 08:44 PM
i want that RVjet badddd. Time to stretch the legs on the new quadcopter
Aug 29, 2013, 08:47 PM
25% of my winnings this time goes to the guy that can tell me what the lone tree in a field was for.

NO GOOGLE, or other search engines.
Aug 29, 2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
i want that RVjet badddd. Time to stretch the legs on the new quadcopter
my thoughts exactly, new apm f450 build at the end of tuning

Quick Reply