This thread is privately moderated by xatled99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 25, 2013, 05:52 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Vector 850 maiden

After a 9 month hiatus from rc, I finally maidened the Vector today.

Its first flight was almost its last due to making the amateurish mistake of reversed ailerons. I missed it on the preflight, but thankfully I was able to recover and ditch it in the weeds. I came in hot and downwind for my second landing, resulting in a minor cartwheel. No damage in either case aside from foam rash.

It flew fine on 2s 800mAh and it seemed like it would have decent endurance; 5 minutes of mixed flying only drained about 1/3 of the pack.

Like the Solo 1500, it wants you to keep up the airspeed, otherwise it will tuck under and spin. It felt like it could use a little more weight up front. WOT climbs were respectable and 50% cruise was plenty.

Vaguely considering standing up a cheap quad and/or another inverted v scratchbuild.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply