Aug 22, 2013, 11:19 PM
flying at SCMAC
Thread OP
Discussion

Lanyu/Modster ASW 28 2.6M

anyone know much about the lanyu or modster asw 28 2.6m glider, Blow plastic fuselage, EPO wing with flaps
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2013, 05:32 AM
The Sequel
Umm, this vid has alot of views

Lanyu ASW28 Glider 2.6m Wingspan Unboxing Review (5 min 31 sec)
Aug 23, 2013, 08:31 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
It does look pretty nice. Looks like it flies well.
Aug 24, 2013, 04:39 AM
flying at SCMAC
Thread OP
thought i would try and get some feed back before i threw mine up today, maiden went ok, flaps effective, flown in 15knts, my landing was somewhat short on the first go but improved as i became familiar with it in that breeze, quite a nice flyer, next will be off the slope

lanyu asw 28 2.6m (1 min 3 sec)
Aug 24, 2013, 04:59 AM
The Sequel
well done, I have a phoenix 2000, it is by lanyu too I think, I expect the blown fuse is similar, is the asw 28 robust and well finished, I like its scale look. How did you find the rudder? and do you know the auw stock, lots of questions, where did you pick yours up from, I think I am quite keen, hope you have lots of great flights
Aug 24, 2013, 05:31 AM
flying at SCMAC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2
well done, I have a phoenix 2000, it is by lanyu too I think, I expect the blown fuse is similar, is the asw 28 robust and well finished, I like its scale look. How did you find the rudder? and do you know the auw stock, lots of questions, where did you pick yours up from, I think I am quite keen, hope you have lots of great flights
blown fuse is same as the phoenix, it seems fairly robust, went together ok, i did put reinforcing tape as a precaution at the t tail and base as they are held with screws this did help secure it, i usually glue t tails as well but we will see how it goes, all up weight i havent got round to yet but feels light in the hand, running on 3cell 1500 lipo which balanced up nicely and climed out well, no additional weight needed, as far as rudder goes i program 30% rudder with ailerons so it seems to be turning clean with that amount, i will put it through its paces more tomorrow, it flies fast and penetrates well in the 15knts today, i purchased mine direct from the factory all up $193.00 USD to my door by EMS postage, it was the ASW28 759-1 Brushless PNP if you are looking to get one email ray at ray@volantexrc.com maybe mention that he just sold one to me here in south australia
Aug 24, 2013, 05:52 AM
The Sequel
Great, thanks for that, look forward to more of your reports. Bit more expensive than a pk2 from hk, I really like it though.
Aug 24, 2013, 09:23 AM
Blown fuse as in plastic fuel can or plastic baseball bat? Is it thick? Can anyone post close up detail photos?

Thanks
Aug 24, 2013, 03:15 PM
The Sequel
If if is anything like the pk2 and I suspect it is, I guess it is a reasonable compromise betwwen weight and strength, but you would consider it heavy compared to a carbon build or lightweight build up, pod n boom etc
The fire wall is critical of course, my pk2 has run 600 watts from the start, with 100s of flights, for aerobatics. Sandwiching the firewall with ply on the inside and ic board on the outside. It is hard to stick anything to the plastic/nylon? People have used 'dave's fixament' a tolulene type adhesive which I can't find here in Aust. I prefer not to have to glue as I like to swap out different motors as well on occasion.
You can squeeze the sides together, but it is stiff enough where it counts for what it is, like I said a compromise
Aug 25, 2013, 03:12 AM
flying at SCMAC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Blown fuse as in plastic fuel can or plastic baseball bat? Is it thick? Can anyone post close up detail photos?

Thanks
ill get some close up picks done wednesday
Aug 25, 2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks ask21. I like the looks of it and General is selling them for $135USD. It looks awfully nice in the pics and seems to fly well in the videos.

Mike
Aug 26, 2013, 11:55 AM
RISC - SCRCC - AMA member
Can't seem to find any vids of it gliding. All show it flying with power on. Wondering how it glides with the skinny wings. How secure is the wing mounting.
Aug 27, 2013, 04:58 AM
flying at SCMAC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzjamer
Can't seem to find any vids of it gliding. All show it flying with power on. Wondering how it glides with the skinny wings. How secure is the wing mounting.
short vid of the asw28 today, first time i tried the key chain vid on my hat, didnt have it sitting right and dindnt know until i arrived home to check it, ill go out tomorrow with the laptop and shoot more and be able to check it on site so ill put up a better vid tomorrow night with pics and details of the glider and my thoughts about it as i have had a few flights now as well, footage is of it in glide mode except for the one launch in 10knt wind

lanyu asw28 2.6m glider (1 min 21 sec)
Aug 28, 2013, 06:51 AM
Looks good, thanks for posting.
What do you think about thermal possibilities ? what does the wing loading look like.
I have the Phoenix 2000 and a Fly Fly ASW 28
Would be nice to have the combination of both.
Regards
Tony
Aug 28, 2013, 08:18 AM
flying at SCMAC
Thread OP
video of the lanyu asw28 from today, tried to show the flight characteristics of this bird including a couple of launches, landings, high speed passes, loops followed by wing overs and slow thermaling turns, turn your volume up to hear the sweet sound of it, i think this will become my favorite all rounder, quite impressed with it. Had too much fun flying it today to do the detailed pics, will try to post some the next day or two

ASW28 2.6M Lanyu Glider (7 min 12 sec)

Quick Reply