Aug 22, 2013, 10:37 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flip 32+

Hi guys. Can someone using this board comment on the performance? In terms of FFF, altitude hold etc. in comparison to Naze32. From what I know the Naze32 is a solid performer. The Flip32+ seems to have the same specs as the Naze32. But the Naze32 is more expensive. Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2013, 12:57 PM
we dont NEED roads!
The hardware is identical to the Naze32 so it should perform just as well as the Naze32.

I have a Flip32+ and have been flying it for only a month or so but I really like it. I have a local buddy who is also flying one, and he does more fast forward flight and acro than I do, and he is really impressed with its performance.

Of course, it all comes down to how well its tuned.
The both of us are running Harakiri firmware, with GPS, Baro, Mag's with MinimOSD's.
Aug 24, 2013, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd
The hardware is identical to the Naze32 so it should perform just as well as the Naze32.

I have a Flip32+ and have been flying it for only a month or so but I really like it. I have a local buddy who is also flying one, and he does more fast forward flight and acro than I do, and he is really impressed with its performance.

Of course, it all comes down to how well its tuned.
The both of us are running Harakiri firmware, with GPS, Baro, Mag's with MinimOSD's.
Thanks for the reply Subaru I'm going to take the plunge and get one.
Sep 04, 2013, 11:46 PM
How high will it go?
I got one, and it came with the port for the satelite receiver not soldered on the board. Anyone know the correct positioning of it?
Sep 05, 2013, 02:18 AM
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake
I got one, and it came with the port for the satelite receiver not soldered on the board. Anyone know the correct positioning of it?
You're sure its a Flip32?

I do not think the Flip32's have a satelite receiver port.
Sep 05, 2013, 05:02 AM
How high will it go?
I am sure it is a flip 32. There is a satellite port female plug that came in the bag with the controller. I just assumed it was for a sat port. There is a spot on the board that can accept it, but like the rest of the board it's not labeled.
Sep 05, 2013, 08:09 AM
How high will it go?
Here is a picture with the plug just resting in the spot I think it goes:
Sep 05, 2013, 12:44 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Next to those three pins, you will see RGV. That is the label for the pins. They stand for "Receiver, Ground, Voltage"

I do not use a satellite receiver so I am not sure which pins go where. I am also not sure if the Baseflight or other firmwares take advantage of spektrum satellite anyways.

I would just forget about it and use standard inputs, or PPM Sum.

Here is an image I created that better label the board.
Sep 05, 2013, 01:17 PM
How high will it go?
Ok thanks. Got to check if baseflight can be used with a sat rec.

Since I am new to this type of controller, what are my choices for firmware? I thought baseflight was it.
Sep 05, 2013, 01:20 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
Ok thanks. Got to check if baseflight can be used with a sat rec.

Since I am new to this type of controller, what are my choices for firmware? I thought baseflight was it.
Baseflight: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1947

Harakiri: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3524

There is also a port of the CC3D firmware that will run on these boards. I am using Harakiri myself, i think its a better firmware with better performance.
Sep 05, 2013, 09:58 PM
How high will it go?
That's a lot of learning right there!

I just started messing around with CC3D. Gonna take a while to read through those threads, half of it goes over my head. Took me months to get used to multiwii. Still have more to learn.

Paul actually did call me back this time (w00t) and told me that it is indeed for a spektrum sat receiver port, and that baseflight supports it.
Sep 10, 2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Paul actually did call me back this time (w00t) and told me that it is indeed for a spektrum sat receiver port, and that baseflight supports it.
Seems to me the spektrum sat port is connected to the wrong pin. Baseflight expects it on serial2 and its connected to serial1. Serial2 is RC_CH4 pin and that works on my other STM32 board.

I think swapping ground and V+ on the esc connector is a very very very bad idea.

Service and prices from whitespy are 1A+. The $5 Spek SAT they sell is working perfectly.

Edit :
Someone knows where i can cut the RX trace from the SpekSAT connector to the CPU? That is a multilayer board and i cant find the trace.
Last edited by Cesco; Sep 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM.
Sep 10, 2013, 11:35 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

BEEP, transistor is missing ?

Why is BEEP without function?

transistor is missing

Sep 11, 2013, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUERGEN_
Why is BEEP without function
there will be not only top and botom coper layers, but couple of iner layers.
so if you dont see connection it'snt mean that is it not connected
Sep 12, 2013, 01:45 PM
The board works with a Spek SAT on RC4 Pin. But power must be 3.3V, not 5V, so some ugly wiring to the 3.3V point is necessary. I did also test SBUS input (special baseflight version) and that works too, but needs an inverter.

I hope we will see an updated version of this board with standard esc connector wiring and the speksat wiring done right. I wonder how many burned receivers/esc this reverse polarity connector will cause.
Last edited by Cesco; Sep 13, 2013 at 01:53 PM.

Quick Reply