NEAT 2013 Swap Shop and Pizza - Page 5 - RC Groups
Sep 26, 2013, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahBenHur
Hey Pete,

I think you were the owner of the bi-plane hanging over the pizza area. We just got done taking it out for it's first flight. It flew great and it looks and sounds awesome. I might put another servo in for the ailerons to combat some adverse yaw tendencies. We also got a fresh battery pack in there along with a 2.4 receiver. I let my brother do the takeoffs and landings and I got to fly it around quite a bit on a very windy afternoon. I took some still shots of it in the air but all of them were about 6 inches off the ground. lol I did get some videos of takeoffs, landings, flyby, and some spins. Oh, the pizza was great too.

I hope to make it out there again next year for some swap shop shopping.

Next up is the Mosquito!
Glad you're enjoying the plane. I'd love to see some video. I'm suffering from sellers remorse but I have some projects to finish and some to start.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2013, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Serafini
Glad you're enjoying the plane. I'd love to see some video. I'm suffering from sellers remorse but I have some projects to finish and some to start.
I will work on uploading some of them. I tried to make them shorter than others because it seems like it takes a day and a half getting them off to YouTubeLand.
Sep 26, 2013, 11:58 PM
Culper Junior
I haven't been to Neat for several years because everything seemed to be going ARF, but the Swap Shop might be enough to get me coming again. I love a good deal.
Sep 27, 2013, 12:05 AM
If I had the room and brought just a tidbit more money, I would have come home with a 1/3 scale Piper Cub. The next problem would have been finding a hangar to store it in.
Sep 27, 2013, 05:47 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahBenHur
I paced around that plane for over two hours. I was having trouble deciding what to bring home. Are you going electric, gas, or nitro with it?
It's electric. It has a Commonsense RC Axi 5330/Power 110 sized 195kv outrunner, 12s 5000mah lipos and an Electrify Silver Series SS-60 escape(that iI bought at NEAT from one of the SEFLI guys). The SPAD is a really well designed model. Fingers crossed for an uneventful maiden.
Sep 27, 2013, 06:34 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Things I picked up......

1. Hyperflea w motors/hs55's...gave to Old Grumpy
2. Lanier U2Glider....Gave to Antslake Son
3. Scorpio Hellcat
4. LEG Hellcat
5. Eflite Extra 300
6.Robin Hood 40 sized w KB 40rc and servos
7. Eflite Stinson
8. Great Planes SuperSport 40
Sep 27, 2013, 12:03 PM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52
I haven't been to Neat for several years because everything seemed to be going ARF, but the Swap Shop might be enough to get me coming again. I love a good deal.
We would love to have you back. This is the first year we advertised the swap shop in RCG. Last year, our first, we did not advertise and still had a good turnout. This year we had 57 registered sellers and about 175-200 sales. The swap shop seems to be well received and we are looking forward to next year. We hope to be computerized and we will have the forms on line to make registering a little less painful. We also welcome any suggestions the NEAT attendees may have. Remember as long as you are an AMA member you can fly at Peaceful Valley as a PVRCC guest. You just have to pay for camping or a cabin. We fly nitro, gas and electric.
Sep 27, 2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
It's electric. It has a Commonsense RC Axi 5330/Power 110 sized 195kv outrunner, 12s 5000mah lipos and an Electrify Silver Series SS-60 escape(that iI bought at NEAT from one of the SEFLI guys). The SPAD is a really well designed model. Fingers crossed for an uneventful maiden.
Post the maiden flight. Maybe we can keep this thread going by showing the Swap Shop planes and helicopters getting back in the air once again. I am in the process of getting mine posted up.
Sep 27, 2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Serafini
Here are the videos. They didn't quite turn out as good as I had hoped and are painfully slow to load on my end. To add to the drama, the damn sun was off too my right and was screwing around with the cell phone's camera.

Takeoff:
Bi-plane Takeoff (0 min 12 sec)

Flyby:
Bi-plane flyby #1 (0 min 22 sec)

Bi-plane flyby #2 (0 min 10 sec)

Spin:
Bi-plane Spin (0 min 17 sec)

Landing: http://youtu.be/DzPBEArCwZI
Sep 30, 2013, 10:17 AM
To Infinity and Beyond
[QUOTE=JudahBenHur;26224646]Here are the videos. They didn't quite turn out as good as I had hoped and are painfully slow to load on my end. To add to the drama, the damn sun was off too my right and was screwing around with the cell phone's camera.

The plane looks as good in the air as it does on the ground. I'm so glad you are enjoying the plane. I would like to hear similiar swap shop stories and see the videos.
Sep 30, 2013, 12:00 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Flew the Maxford SPAD three times yesterday. What a honey. It flies great. So glad I got.
Sep 30, 2013, 05:47 PM

next year mike....

Next year mike we will have to go up and chase each other around, I got that huge Albatros diii from Paul, built from the fun aero kit, and mine/Carlos'/bill bar ringer's/ now mine again tristate travelling Sopwith camel
Sep 30, 2013, 07:40 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Flew the Stinson yesterday Paul.... Nice model....
Sep 30, 2013, 11:49 PM
Extreme Flight
Flite Test - NEAT Fair 2013 (26 min 52 sec)