NEAT 2013 Swap Shop and Pizza - Page 4 - RC Groups
Sep 18, 2013, 10:16 AM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
How did the "Maniac Exiled to Detroit" miss lobstas!
Well, first you need a Carbon Cub, 1:1 scale, who's owner loves lobster, enter Joe. Then you need to have someone that really really wants a ride in said Carbon Cub, who also happens to have a few extra lobsters lying (or crawling) around, enter Al. Then you need to find a friend of Joe's, enter Gino. You then ask Joe's friend to hook him up with you (for the ride). It's as simple as that.
Then the next day Joe's friend, me, who also loves lobster, tells lobster boy, Al he deserves a lobster for brokering the deal. Then lobster boy, Al brings you your very own lobster after you have already eaten dinner. This is how Joe's friend's friend Tim gets his lobster.
So next year come to NEAT in a Carbon Cub 1:1 scale, or something similar and I will hook you up.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2013, 10:19 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVJOCKEY
Well, first you need a Carbon Cub, 1:1 scale, who's owner loves lobster, enter Joe. Then you need to have someone that really really wants a ride in said Carbon Cub, who also happens to have a few extra lobsters lying (or crawling) around, enter Al. Then you need to find a friend of Joe's, enter Gino. You then ask Joe's friend to hook him up with you (for the ride). It's as simple as that.
Then the next day Joe's friend, me, who also loves lobster, tells lobster boy, Al he deserves a lobster for brokering the deal. Then lobster boy, Al brings you your very own lobster after you have already eaten dinner. This is how Joe's friend's friend Tim gets his lobster.
So next year come to NEAT in a Carbon Cub 1:1 scale, or something similar and I will hook you up.
great story. I thought Al had flooded the teardrop and let them swim south! These are all the hidden stories that make NEAT so neat
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Sep 18, 2013, 10:21 AM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
great story. I thought Al had flooded the teardrop and let them swim south! These are all the hidden stories that make NEAT so neat
They would never get by Joe
Sep 18, 2013, 02:01 PM
How high will it go?
Great job on the swap shop. Was full of planes this year. I arrived wed eve and within 5 mins I bought a plane from the shop. Also sold one too this weekend. Thanks guys. Going to make an effort to come fly during the year.
Anthony.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 18, 2013, 02:37 PM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake
Great job on the swap shop. Was full of planes this year. I arrived wed eve and within 5 mins I bought a plane from the shop. Also sold one too this weekend. Thanks guys. Going to make an effort to come fly during the year.
Anthony.
Thanks Anthony, come up anytime.
Sep 18, 2013, 07:56 PM
No ! Your other left !
I brought lobsters 'cause I hate gettin the crabs.....
Next years load may be bigger. A certain few who know me now may contact me in the next 51 weeks with a request for the tasty little bugs.
Gino , you're first on the list this time!
Sep 19, 2013, 12:30 PM
How high will it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVJOCKEY
Thanks Anthony, come up anytime.
Ideally I wish I had a permanent campsite there, this way I could be harassed by Arnie more often.

Maybe soon one day.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 19, 2013, 12:57 PM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake
Ideally I wish I had a permanent campsite there, this way I could be harassed by Arnie more often.

Maybe soon one day.
Arnie is not the one you should worry about. All of us fliers at PV are very proficiant at harassing
Sep 23, 2013, 10:52 PM
Culper Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E
are those airplanes part of Joes collection... If so Id like to have dibs on the micafilm covered shrike 400
Why is he selling these? Did he quit flying?
Sep 24, 2013, 09:45 AM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52
Why is he selling these? Did he quit flying?
Joe Beshar is very Ill and not doing well.
Sep 24, 2013, 07:55 PM
Culper Junior
Ohhh....very sorry to hear that. I liked seeing him at a few of the north Jersey swap meets.
Sep 26, 2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Serafini
Gino, I thought the swap shop was awesome. Although Edi and I didn't have alot of time to take our eyes off the pizza oven on Saturday, when we did, we were shocked to see how many items were coming and going. Perhaps we should cancel the pizza next year and make room for more airplanes.
Hey Pete,

I think you were the owner of the bi-plane hanging over the pizza area. We just got done taking it out for it's first flight. It flew great and it looks and sounds awesome. I might put another servo in for the ailerons to combat some adverse yaw tendencies. We also got a fresh battery pack in there along with a 2.4 receiver. I let my brother do the takeoffs and landings and I got to fly it around quite a bit on a very windy afternoon. I took some still shots of it in the air but all of them were about 6 inches off the ground. lol I did get some videos of takeoffs, landings, flyby, and some spins. Oh, the pizza was great too.

I hope to make it out there again next year for some swap shop shopping.

Next up is the Mosquito!
Sep 26, 2013, 09:21 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Pete...thank you for donating one of Joe's airplanes to the SAM 11 chapter...Located in Oradell NJ...Joe's Home Town it will be most cherished....

The airplane was a Beshar Fox..designed by Joe and he still has a class A National record with it after 60 years.....
Sep 26, 2013, 09:37 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
I picked up the big SPAD XIII at the swap shop. I'm planning on maidening ot this weekend. There were some great deals there.
Sep 26, 2013, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
I picked up the big SPAD XIII at the swap shop. I'm planning on maidening ot this weekend. There were some great deals there.
I paced around that plane for over two hours. I was having trouble deciding what to bring home. Are you going electric, gas, or nitro with it?