This thread is privately moderated by Tom B 1956, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 21, 2013, 01:53 AM
Ahh another money pit. :)
Thread OP
Build Log

Sig's T-Clip's

Started the T-Clips today. Following the instructions almost to the letter.

There prototype is what I based this build after.

Power plant - E-Fight Power 32.
ESC - Castle Creations Phoenix Edge 75. Firm updated to newest version.
Servos. HS422's

Reciever Futaba R7008B.
Telemetry for external and Bec.

I love Sig ARFs Well Built. And all hardware is top quality.
Steps that have been completed.

Ailerons glued into the wings servos installed and checked.
Landing Gear installed and wheel covers
Elevator glued to horizontal stab, control horn attached.
Elevator measured from wing tip to back edge of the horizontal stab a billion times and mounted. Verified and rechecked till the expoy started to harden.

Pictures provided

Tom B.
Last edited by Tom B 1956; Aug 21, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2013, 05:56 AM
Maggie is in charge
Looking Good! What a great design and color scheme.
Aug 22, 2013, 05:14 AM
Thread OP
Again leave it to me to create a unanticipated problem with a straight forward build. By the instructions motor + motor mount should measure 4.5". The Motor is an E-Flight power 32. For the prop shaft I purchased a Tru Turn bolt on CNC prop shaft. So the motor shaft was pushed through the motor and the Tru Turn bolted on. Well it measures 2.23 inches. The mount is a tad under 2.05" for a total distance of 4.28 short by .22". Thinking of using 1/4 ply and glue it to the mount and drill the center hole to match but I could go and find stand offs 1/4" long do it that way. Any thought on this issue is most welcome. Either way it would be long by .03 which is acceptable

Tom B.
Last edited by Tom B 1956; Aug 22, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
Aug 24, 2013, 06:17 PM
Thread OP
1/4 nylon Stand offs also added a little longer Screw 20 mm vice 16 mm due to standoffs. Wiring in telemetry for Futaba external voltage. Maiden Flight set for Monday I hope. Maybe tomorrow.

Tom B.
Aug 28, 2013, 10:15 PM
Thread OP
After all that it turns out the hub is so large diameter that is. The cowling would to be trimmed so much there would a sliver of material between the air vents left and right of the prop. Back to the original that came with the motor and now I don't need to shim it.

Tom B.
Sep 03, 2013, 03:19 PM
Thread OP
Maiden flight. Nothing fancy. If you want a plane to fly easy this will do it but its begging for you to push the controls to there limits. Actually flys easy. Not to hard to figure out. Next few flights each one a little more performance. Over all I am very happy with the quality and ease of build. To bad the opening for the hub is fairly small. Would have love to use that Tru-Turn prop shaft. Anyway off to the next build. I am planning on RCM My-Stick. What not a Sig that's later. Somthin Extra.

Tom B.
Sep 14, 2013, 04:26 PM
Thread OP
I now have several flights and I have decided that it wants to be thrown about. It's darn fun to fly. The Radio 14SGA and telemetry in the air is nice. I think I need to turn the audio on for it. so I don't try and look at it. Back to the plane Take offs are still a challenge for me unless I gun it and use 5 feet to get it in the air. Landings are ok no issues. I think I haven't figured out Cg yet It's ok for level flight 50% throttle but it really wants to climb above that. Time more time needed and I'll figure it out.

Tom B.

Quick Reply