Composite wing Jart - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Dangerous James, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 18, 2013, 08:18 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Discussion

Composite wing Jart

Well, it's been a long time since I started a blog so I hope this is insightful to those that need advice and inspiration.

This past June I lost my Jart LT in the valley of GreyBack Ridge Oregon. I was non to pleased being that was one of my favorite gliders. The favorite to other fliers as well. By chance I happened on Winch Docs post on a Jart M70 he was selling the next day. All blinged up and ready to go. I own that one as well but even though this was a major step up from my Jart LT I still missed my little glider. As fate has it Vhuang168 was selling his Jart LT with composite wings that he purchased from Gavoss so I had to have it. Yaaaayyyy. So with no further adieu here is my new Jart Lt brought up to date.
Last edited by Dangerous James; Dec 25, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2013, 11:42 AM
Very nice work. Too bad the original guy didn't do as good.
Aug 19, 2013, 01:47 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Well that's where I come in. As soon as I see something that isn't up to par I go ahead and take the time to make it right. I'm going to also replace the screws that held the control linkage to the aileron. Counter sunk screws are ugly if not done correctly. Going with truss screws instead. Thank you for the compliment.

DJ
Aug 20, 2013, 01:51 AM
Still practicing the "save"
Just a quick note DJ..... Gavoss built and painted that.

How could you not have potted the connectors?!?

LMAO
Aug 20, 2013, 07:39 AM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Lol.
Aug 20, 2013, 11:07 AM
He knew that.
Aug 25, 2013, 08:00 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Well everything is balanced and finished. Just have to wait for the wind in the next few weeks. Our windy season starts in November. The wait is going to kill me. LOL The next step is to install a ballast kit. Not tonight though, gonna rest now. Enjoy the pics.

DJ
Aug 26, 2013, 01:27 AM
Still practicing the "save"
Looks Great James. Box it up and mail it out here. WE got coastal winds... I could go have Reed sign it too. Jartfest!
Aug 26, 2013, 11:24 AM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by motowncali
Looks Great James. Box it up and mail it out here. WE got coastal winds... I could go have Reed sign it too. Jartfest!
Personally signed by Reed Sherman...sounds tempting. . Hopefully I'll see him when I'm out there next year.

DJ
Sep 02, 2013, 04:37 PM
Suspended Account
That is one of the coolest planes I've seen on here in years. It looks like it's screaming fast just sitting still. Thanks for the pics.
Sep 04, 2013, 05:54 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Potcia83, thank you for three kind post. I flew her just before the windy season died out. She is quick in the air.

DJ
Oct 05, 2013, 08:00 PM
On the Go Fly List
DJ,

Nice rehab/upgrades to an awesome looking plane. Super cool paint thanks to the original builder. Thinking I should stop mid-build on my current projects and have you finish them for me...

Adam