2013 Royal City Radio Control Club Cochiti Float Fly - RC Groups
Aug 17, 2013, 05:50 PM
Close enough
Gallery

2013 Royal City Radio Control Club Cochiti Float Fly

Our neighbors down in Santa Fe put on a great float fly at Cochiti Lake today, August 17, 2013. The weather gods cooperated with glassy smooth water in the morning. A little squall came through around noon, but there was plenty of good flying until then.

The Los Alamos Aeromodelers were present with four pilots including Daren, Art, Ross and Marc. Ruben brought down the wife and grand-kids to frolic in the cool water.

Marc
Last edited by AtomicFlyer; Aug 17, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2013, 05:54 PM
Close enough

Daren's Formosa on floats

Daren brought out his highly capable Formosa, equipped with finely fashioned hot wire cut floats. It received compliments from a few of the Santa Fe guys.

Somehow I missed his first take-off and landing with my still camera. But Daren may post a video later in this thread.

Marc
Aug 17, 2013, 05:59 PM
Close enough

Art's Beaver on floats

Art's Beaver had a very successful outing on floats. He was even courageous enough to be in the air at the same time as another guy with an identical Beaver!

Art also brought out his Telemaster which he plans to fly on Sunday, but he didn't get it wet today.

Marc
Aug 17, 2013, 06:03 PM
Close enough

Ross's PBY Catalina

Ross's PBY Catalina got her hull wet today, and it was lovely to behold. The model looked great on the water and in the air.

Marc
Aug 17, 2013, 06:08 PM
Close enough

Marc's Edge on floats

As some of you know, these floats were originally purchased for my Tiger Moth. But its expiration date came up unexpectedly so the floats were fitted to my 41" Edge 540. Three words to describe it: Fun, fun fun.

Many thanks to Daren for his very skilled photography.

Marc
Aug 17, 2013, 06:10 PM
Close enough

Ross's gas powered boat

Ross brought out his big gasser boat. It got plenty of attention when he fired it up after lunch.

Marc
Last edited by AtomicFlyer; Aug 17, 2013 at 07:33 PM.
Aug 17, 2013, 06:14 PM
Close enough

Royal City Radio Control Club planes

I'd like to thank the guys of the Royal City Radio Control Club for hosting a great event. Everyone was friendly, the lunch was tasty, and there were some great planes to watch.

Here's a sampling of what the Santa Fe guys had in the air today.

Marc
Aug 17, 2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the great photos, Marc!

Here's the video I shot today:

Float Fly Low Resolution (PC - 99 MB - WMV)
Float Fly High Resolution (PC - 958 MB - MPG)

Float Fly Low Resolution (Mac - 87 MB - MP4)
Float Fly High Resolution (Mac - 635 MB - MP4)

(If you have issues viewing the videos, please right-click and save to your computer).

I had a lot of fun today. Thanks guys!

Daren
Aug 17, 2013, 08:59 PM
Need a bigger runway
Marc,
Glad you enjoyed the Edge. Looking at your pics, I need to get my 41" back on floats. It IS a LOT of FUN and so much more acrobatic than the other float planes I have.
Nice pics as well. Regards, Sandy

Edited to add: nothing is prettier in the air over water than a PBY Catalina.
Last edited by sandydr; Aug 17, 2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: ...
Aug 17, 2013, 10:06 PM
Close enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren

Here's the video I shot today.
Daren
Awesome video Daren. Thanks for putting that together. You got all the Los Alamos fliers at their finest moments. Art kissed his landing and then almost fell over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydr

Edited to add: nothing is prettier in the air over water than a PBY Catalina.
Agreed Sandy!

Marc