This thread is privately moderated by norgale, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 16, 2013, 03:16 AM
Retired for now
Thread OP
Discussion

What's a blog for?

Been awhile since I took a look at my blog and now I see there's nothing there.So what do I use this blog for anyway? Do you have to go to it to see if anything is written there? Don't really understand what it's purpose is but I thought that I would check out some of the little used features of this forum. . Pete
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2013, 03:33 AM
Right Rudder
You can use it for practically almost anything except breaking any site rules.

If you don't understand, try visiting mine! Ha!
Aug 16, 2013, 08:11 AM
into the wild blue yonder
I use mine so I can go back and look at setups for my planes. It also helps other pilots with questions on builds, set-ups and such. It is a great place to post your videos of rc related stuff as well. Just my 2 cents...
oh by the way this is what I am doing this weekend
http://www.electricgoose.com/
my club host this event every year...
Aug 16, 2013, 11:38 AM
Retired for now
Thread OP
Thanks Pitspecial and Barney Boy. I see now how you can use a blog. I like the floating airplane although it doesn't look like an intentional landing place. Ha! Thanks for your replys. Pete
Sep 02, 2013, 09:36 PM
Retired for now
Thread OP
So do we bomb Syria or not? If we do we'll be the dirty dogs. If we don't we'll be chicken and lose a lot of face. The Syrian rebels want us to bomb. So who's fighting who over there and what for? Pete
Sep 02, 2013, 09:46 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale
So do we bomb Syria or not? If we do we'll be the dirty dogs. If we don't we'll be chicken and lose a lot of face. The Syrian rebels want us to bomb. So who's fighting who over there and what for? Pete
Since you asked.

You need to ask another question.

The Administration and now even some Senators and a few Congress Reps are calling Syria "a" regime instead of "a" Government.

Just today, I saw one Senator (no names!) saying that "we" need to punish the Regime Leader of Syria and allow the Syrian Freedom Government to have an even hand????

Since when Syria has a Freedom Fighter Government??

It gets even more interesting......do you know that many of the same people that are trying to KILL AMERICANS are flighting along side these so called FREEDOM FIGHTERS?? They are called "Al-Qaeda"

My boss almost always tell me, "Watch what you wish for!!"
Sep 02, 2013, 10:40 PM
Retired for now
Thread OP
Thanks for the comment Pittspecial. Tell you the truth I don't really know who is fighting whom over there or for what. Is it a political fight or a religious fight? From what I see the people want the present government out and a new one in. So who is it that wants this done? Are the people Muslim who want the present government out or are they the regular everyday people of the country? Just can't get it straight in my mind and why should we get involved? I agree with your boss by the way. Pete
Last edited by norgale; Sep 22, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
Oct 03, 2013, 02:31 PM
Retired for now
Thread OP

Government shut down

I'm thinking that now would be a good time to turn a lot of government run things over to private businesses. The dummies even tried to shut down Mt. Vernon which is privately owned. Old George must be having a hissy by now. Ha! pete
Nov 22, 2016, 03:07 PM

CC plans

Hi-

found some of your older threads regarding your CC plans of those former Sterling kits! Do you still sell copies of `em? I`m from Germany and I`ll possibly never ever get a chance of buying such a kit over here, donīt even know wether they`ve been imported in the old days at all...... so my only hope would be a decent plan.
Iīve already found me a copy of the 50" Catalina BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS which came with the kit but one shouldn`t call it "plan" since all necessary templates for re- constructing the model are missing.

So hereīs another chance of getting into touch with somebody who might be able to help me out- had to give it a try althougnh I`ve just read that you`ve somehow retired from this forum? Hopefully not, please answer!!!

Regards,
Wolfgang Rottpeter
Germany
Nov 22, 2016, 07:27 PM
Retired for now
Thread OP
I have not retired from this forum but you are looking at an old post. I do still have the plans but you can get them off the "Plans" thread here on the forum for free. I can send you the plans,patterns and the instruction booklet for $40 including postage in the USA. For Germany there will be some extra postage. Also if you keep a lookout on Ebay these kits do pop up occasionally. They generally run around $400 or so but they are available. Get back to me if I can help any more. Pete

Quick Reply