Nov 19, 2014, 11:39 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
It would be nice if you new guys, when your filling out your profile, would include your location.

Your comments suggest your NOT from the USA.. Just on the evening news tonight, they reported on 3 different times this week, where airline pilots reported drones in the way of there approach --

With fools out there doing this, it won't be to long before the FAA does something drastic.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2014, 11:57 PM
Lee Liddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by goduranus
I'm still waiting for that printer, but other people are really catching up.

Here's a video I found on youtube, someone using essentially the same setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkrvf1aLsk
Catching up? That guy is in the lead by a long way imo. If there isn't video, it didn't happen. That's just the way it is today.
Oct 17, 2015, 03:45 PM

This is an awesome project! Do you have an stl file you can post?

I've been wanting to build an EDF saucer. Do you have stl files you can post ?
I've been working on printing my own EDF fans.
Apr 27, 2016, 07:15 AM
Thread OP

EDF flying saucer

Oh boy, I've been gone for a while, been busy with work.

Here's my video from October 2013, his saucer flight is 2014.
It wasn't a good flight so I had been hesitant to post it.
IMG 2881 (1 min 2 sec)

Please excuse my crappy voice, I'm not from the US

@Jerry, I wasn't gonna print the EDFs since I was worried the printed material isn't strong enough to take the fan vibrations. I intended to the print the hull, which are made to fit standard 70mm EDFs. If you want it I could send it to you the files are too large to attach.
May 07, 2019, 02:32 AM
Ron_RC
I built this for the UFO festival in Yelm, WA.
RC UFO Flying Saucer Sighting with Tractor Beam (3 min 27 sec)
Last edited by Ron_RC; May 07, 2019 at 02:40 AM.
May 07, 2019, 02:35 AM
Ron_RC
Nice EDF UFO. Here is my latest ducted UFO build using 9" props in 9.5" ducts. Complete with clear canopy, space alien lit up with red and blue leds, nav lights, flashing lights, tractor beam, and low battery red led lights.
UFO Flying Saucer sighting 20 Apr 2019 (5 min 12 sec)
Jun 10, 2019, 09:26 AM
Ron_RC
I did this video to mess around with my editing software using the UFO. Ha ha! This thing is a blast to fly.
UFO Flying Saucer Beams Up My Wife! (4 min 18 sec)

Quick Reply