This thread is privately moderated by Turner2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

DX7 Programing - Flap 4

The three previous programs were worked out over a year ago. Since then I have made several attempts at achieving by goal of full use of spoileron/flaperon programing plus independent three position flaps. I tried all sorts of things but always fell short. I got tantalizingly close on a number of tries but there was always some fatal flaw. The most recent failure did everything I wanted but if you didn't use the correct sequence of two switches for the three position flaps you wound up with different flap positions, or in another try, one flap was over driven at full flaps. Neither was acceptable of course.

A few weeks ago I started fresh and spent most of a Saturday working on it and am finally happy to report success. I even worked out two different options. The end result turned out to be surprisingly simple. One thing that may have kept me from success is an odd quirk of the one Gear to Gear mix that is common to both Flap 4 and Flap 5. This only works if this mix is in either PMix 5 or PMix 6. We know that 5 and 6 are unique in carrying trim from master to slave and I suspect it has something to do with this.

Though the DX7 is getting old and the new range of DX7s, DX8, DX9, and DX18 offer so much more there will no doubt be many DX7's changing hands and a few holdouts that will hopefully benefit from this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DX7 - Flap 4

Dual Ailerons With Flaperon/Spoileron and Differential - Independent Dual 3 Position Flaps

Right Aileron servo goes to Aileron channel - Left Aile servo goes to Flap/Aux1 channel
Right flap servo to Gear - Left Flap to AUX 2 channel

SYSTEM SETUP

[Input Select]

AUX2: INH
AUX2 TRIM: INH - Must be on INH. If active only effects one flap.

FLAP: System

FLAP TRIM: ACT - Active trim gives flaperons/spoilerons with the Flap Rocker. This only effects ailerons.

[WING TYPE]

FLAPERON: ON - Enables the Differential screen in function mode
V-TAIL: OFF
DELTA: OFF

FUNCTION MODE

[FLAP SYS.]

Up or Down values give spoilerons or flaperons from flap switch.

Flap travel must be adjusted via mechanical setup and via the Travel Adjust and Sub Trim screens.

Elevator compensation here only works in response to the flap switch which is only used for flaperons/ailerons. If you can figure out some way to make use of that do it here.

Elevator compensation for flaps can be done with P Mixes. More on that later.

-------------- FLAP ------- ELEV
NORM ------ 0% ----------- 0 ----
MID ---------- 0% ----------- 0 ----
LAND ------- 0% ----------- 0 ----

AUTO: INH

[DIFFERENTIAL]
FLAPERON
DIFF. - Set % for desired aileron differential

Program Mixes
----------------------------- CHANNEL ------ SW --- +RATE -- −RATE ------ OFFSET
[PROG. MIX 4] ---- GEAR ⪫ AUX2 ----- ON --- +100% --- +100% -------- -0- --- Flap Servos on GEAR and AUX2
[PROG. MIX 5] ---- AUX2 ⪫ AUX2 ---- MIX --- −100% ------ -0- ----------- -0- ---
[PROG. MIX 6] ---- GEAR ⪫ GEAR --- MIX --- −100% ------ -0- ----------- -0- ---

Pull Mix switch for Mid Flaps. Pull Gear switch for full down flaps. Gear switch overrides Mix switch.

Flap Switch gives full 3 position control of spoileron/flaperon in Flap System screen. Flap Rocker works independent of flap switch.
Last edited by Turner2; Aug 30, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply