This thread is privately moderated by Gregor99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 16, 2014, 11:47 PM
Sun Lakes Radio Control Club
Yeah, I am just looking to keep the dust out at the field,
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2014, 06:29 PM
Hmm was looking at these as well...

http://www.amazon.com/Inlet-Module-S...ac+female+plug
Jan 20, 2014, 06:50 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavRod
Hmm was looking at these as well...

http://www.amazon.com/Inlet-Module-S...ac+female+plug
IEC and only 10 amps. Most of PC cables won't carry the full 15 amps with getting very hot. That's one of the reasons I went with a traditional AC inlet. Any thick extension cord will do the trick. Those are easy to find.
Jan 20, 2014, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99
IEC and only 10 amps. Most of PC cables won't carry the full 15 amps with getting very hot. That's one of the reasons I went with a traditional AC inlet. Any thick extension cord will do the trick. Those are easy to find.
I was going to run one of these to each power supply. That should be enough don't you think? 10 AMPS for each unit.

If you think NOT let me know, Maybe I will cancel.
Jan 20, 2014, 11:20 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavRod
I was going to run one of these to each power supply. That should be enough don't you think? 10 AMPS for each unit.

If you think NOT let me know, Maybe I will cancel.
Yes. That will work. But then you have two cables to plug in, two cables to transport and store. My approach to the case design is I want setup to be a simple as possible (without compromise). Plus I don't like being dependent on PC cords. As it stands now, I open the case, plug in one end of the power cable to case and one end into the generator. Then I'm off and running.

One advantage to that setup however is the full 20 amps. The AC inlet is capped at 15 amps. If you have the right generator and the right supplies that could help get you to higher levels of output.

Quick Reply