GWS WIN WIND is comming! - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 15, 2004, 08:35 PM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
Thanks Carlos for giving such a great guide line to help Ezoners to be started with.

I hope some day have chance to visit Orlando, FL to meet you guys there!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2004, 08:42 PM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
Thanks Carlos for giving such a great guide line to help Ezoners to be started with.

I hope some day have chance to visit Orlando, FL to meet you guys there!
Mr. Lin,

You are very welcomed and you are most welcomed to Orlando, Florida anytime. We are about 30 - 40 Flyers that fly mostly electric and about 80% fly nothing but electrics here. We all fly in three locations mostly and there's still new modelers coming into the electrics since the majority of our group fly next to a HOME DEPOT (HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE) and across a mall known as WATERFORD LAKES !

Many on-lookers come and join in with lots of questions. The next weekend you see them with some kind of electric R/C Model in hand and we help them out and BOOM another Flyer / Modeler HOOKED!

This weekend, an official CLUB known as R/C WORLD is hosting an ELECTRIC FLY-IN so, I am getting prepared to fly there this weekend. It's going to be a very big turn-out and I participated in last year's (First ELECTRIC FLY-IN) as well. I estimate a larger crowd this year!

Regards,
Carlos
Apr 16, 2004, 01:34 AM
Registered User

Great Avatar!


Hey Peter, I just disturbed the guys here at work by LOL when I twigged your avatar! Imagination plus!

Subject change.....How many manufacturers are contactable in this world? Not many......one major distributer here in Oz doen't even have an email contact on their site for enquiries. I know they don't deal with sales to the public, yet product reviews quote them as the source. If the shops don't have stock, they can't answer questions.

There's no doubt that GWS has introduced a huge new interest in the hobby world wide. So I don't mind being kept up to date.
Apr 16, 2004, 05:54 AM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
Thanks mustangsforme of your said so!

However, I am always have a lot of business trips arround world. This April that I only had 8 days in Taiwan, while only 4 working days. Some time the hotel can not provide me the right connection on internet and receiving mails! In case of I can't reply at the right time or missed mail, pls forgive me that cause your inconvenience.

I am at Hong Kong now, however, not too bad of this hotel ( New World Renaissance ) still can get the internet service, altough very expensive. But the worest thing is that I can't read my mails! Don't know where goes wrong with my NB?
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Apr 16, 2004 at 05:58 AM.
Dec 31, 2008, 08:18 AM
Registered User
sebsoupe's Avatar

Win Wind Electric Powered


Hello Guys!
I've just ordered a "brand new" Win Wind kit,
http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...win%20wind.htm
and I want to make it fly Electric Powered !!!
What must I choose as brushless motor, ESC, prop and lipo battery???
motor : Turnigy 35-48-A 1100kv Brushless Outrunner or Turnigy AerodriveXp SK Series 35-42 1250Kv/630w

Maybe I will use the new Digital GWS servo instead of heavy standard servo (S03N)
Thank you very much for your help,
Bye,
sebsoupe

Win Wind caracteristics :
Length 1175 mm (46 in)
Wing Span 1330 mm (52 in.)
Wing Area 34 dmē (527sq.in.)
Flying Weight (Approx) 1900 g (67 oz)
Wing Loading 56 g/dmē
Recommended Engine 30~40 Engine 2 Cycle
Recommended Propeller 9x6~10x7
Radio Required 4-Channel radio with 4 servos
Dec 31, 2008, 04:24 PM
FAA Commercial Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsoupe
Hello Guys!
I've just ordered a "brand new" Win Wind kit,
http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...win%20wind.htm
and I want to make it fly Electric Powered !!!
What must I choose as brushless motor, ESC, prop and lipo battery???
motor : Turnigy 35-48-A 1100kv Brushless Outrunner or Turnigy AerodriveXp SK Series 35-42 1250Kv/630w

Maybe I will use the new Digital GWS servo instead of heavy standard servo (S03N)
Thank you very much for your help,
Bye,
sebsoupe

Win Wind caracteristics :
Length 1175 mm (46 in)
Wing Span 1330 mm (52 in.)
Wing Area 34 dmē (527sq.in.)
Flying Weight (Approx) 1900 g (67 oz)
Wing Loading 56 g/dmē
Recommended Engine 30~40 Engine 2 Cycle
Recommended Propeller 9x6~10x7
Radio Required 4-Channel radio with 4 servos

sebsoupe,
it's awesome! good luck to your flight!
Dec 31, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Tommy D's Avatar
Like most trikes in the .20 size your going to be stuck with a 9 or 10" prop me thinks. With that said do your homework. Figure 4S min and a good 150W per lb.

Better yet, convert it to a tail dragger and take advantage of a large electric prop!

I have 2 of these, never got around to doing much with them though.

Tommy D
Dec 31, 2008, 09:19 PM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
WIN WING should be great to be with outrunner 3020 heavy one wich will give you nearly 2kg thrust!

Or GWS EPS-2825BL.
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Jan 24, 2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: wrong typed correction
Jan 01, 2009, 05:42 AM
Registered User
sebsoupe's Avatar
Yes,
I have a useless GWS outrunner 3020/8T, a GWESC55A and a 4S 2200 lipo battery,
I must try some different prop to choose the best for the Win Wind!
Bye,
sebsoupe
Jan 01, 2009, 05:49 AM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsoupe
Yes,
I have a useless GWS outrunner 3020/8T, a GWESC55A and a 4S 2200 lipo battery,
I must try some different prop to choose the best for the Win Wind!
Bye,
sebsoupe
http://www.gwsus.com/english/product/motor/gwblm008.htm

3020/8T with GWS EP1260HD will get 2061g thrust at 4S 14.8V.

However, current rating will be 38Amp. Make sure the pack can handle this much.
Jan 01, 2009, 01:29 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Tommy D's Avatar
From the above....

Recommended Propeller 9x6~10x7

How in the world are you going to get a 12" prop on this thing Mr Lin?
Jan 01, 2009, 04:21 PM
Registered User
sebsoupe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
http://www.gwsus.com/english/product/motor/gwblm008.htm
3020/8T with GWS EP1260HD will get 2061g thrust at 4S 14.8V.
However, current rating will be 38Amp. Make sure the pack can handle this much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS
The following test datas were all noted when applying Max. RPM for continual 5 minutes respectively.
Power Supply was used as power source on all cases.
Hello!
I don't think that my 4S battery is able to give 14,8V (3,7V per cell) after 5 minutes of full throttle...
I've got some APC prop from 9x5 to 11x5,5, I think I need to try them...
Bye
Jan 02, 2009, 11:38 PM
Houng-wen Lin
GWS4CEO's Avatar
Although not in the recommandation chart, I believe can try:

EP1080HD, EP1170HD. Or 3 blades EP1060HD.

However, 9050 prop is too light for loaded with 3020 motor.
Jan 22, 2009, 11:21 AM
Registered User
sebsoupe's Avatar
Hello!
where can I find the airplane manual of the Win Wind ???
http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...win%20wind.htm
Thank you very much for your help,
Bye,
sebsoupe
Jan 23, 2009, 12:20 AM
Registered User
Hi Sebsoupe,

Just click at the photo of Win Wind from this link, http://www.gwsus.com/english/service...ane_manual.htm

Chen


Thread Tools