Aurora 9X - FAQ - Page 4 - RC Groups
Nov 13, 2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
I was hoping to have this option at the release but it looks like we will have to wait for a firmware update for it.
Mike.
Oh Ok ,,, Thanks Mike.

Ed
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
Unable to check on a Tx at present but would try rudd/elev1 mix first.
This should continue the elev 1/2 mix.
If not functioning, then proceed with your 2nd option, no harm in trial and error programing.

Alan T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
I was hoping to have this option at the release but it looks like we will have to wait for a firmware update for it.

This is KNIFE MIX.

Mike.
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply. This is my first experience with a knife mix.
Nov 15, 2013, 10:22 PM
Sherman Knight

Sailplane template

Mike,

Was there any updates or revisions to the sailplane programming? If so what were the changes.

Sherman Knight
Nov 17, 2013, 08:34 PM

Help With Thrust Vectoring

Ok I have a new project I'm working on where I will need help setting up the Aurora 9x to do what I need.

The project is a fan or airboat if you prefer with two top mounted rear facing motors and props mounted backwards. I have two car esc's with reverse for each motor.
I want to be able to use both motors fwd and reverse and for thrust vectoring with rudder. Oh yeah, this boat has no mechanical rudder I want to steer with motors.

I'm thinking I have to mix throttle with rudder but not sure how to do it especially since the esc's are capable of reverse.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ed
Nov 17, 2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by race58
Ok I have a new project I'm working on where I will need help setting up the Aurora 9x to do what I need.
The project is a fan or airboat if you prefer with two top mounted rear facing motors and props mounted backwards. I have two car esc's with reverse for each motor.
I want to be able to use both motors fwd and reverse and for thrust vectoring with rudder. Oh yeah, this boat has no mechanical rudder I want to steer with motors.
I'm thinking I have to mix throttle with rudder but not sure how to do it especially since the esc's are capable of reverse.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Ed
The following should assist:
. Aurora 9 - Airbrakes -Twin Rudder set up. posts 4503 & 4504

also check out:
. Dock Talk

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Nov 18, 2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
Thanks for the response Alan but I'm confused. I asked for help on mixing the two Motors I have with the rudder since I will have no rudder, to steer with the motors (vectored thrust).
You sent me to a link for "airbrakes" spoilerons mixed with rudder.

Ed
Nov 19, 2013, 10:23 PM
Never mind I called Hitec and talked to a real nice guy named Mike (not sure if is the Mike who posts here) and his suggestion was spot on.

Set up new Acro model all normal with the exception of having two motors.
Make two "P" mixes and assign both to the same switch.
Mix #1 Aileron to Throttle #1 (Ch1)
Mix #2 Aileron to Throttle #2 (Ch5)
Adjust both to suit throttle response on right stick. Move stick right and starboard motor activates. Move right stick left and port motor runs.
Throttle (both motors) on left stick up forward, middle neutral, and down reverse.

Actually pretty simple,, I love this radio and Hitec Custoner Service .

Ed
Nov 28, 2013, 11:11 AM
This radio seems to weigh different than the Aurora 9 I used to have or should I say feels like the balance is different,, is it?

If so was the balance addressed in this radio so you don't need that red aluminum weight balancer?

Thanks Happy Thanksgiving
Ed
Nov 28, 2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
This radio seems to weigh different than the Aurora 9 I used to have or should I say feels like the balance is different,, is it?
If so was the balance addressed in this radio so you don't need that red aluminum weight balancer?
Thanks Happy Thanksgiving Ed
Weight is down, but as the front case is still the same, the eyebolt remains in same position.
A balancer is attached to my Aurora 9X, as whilst do not use a neck strap, find the balancer
very handy for safe pick up of transmitter using the provided thumb and finger grip.
The 9X does balance when a neck strap is attached.
Red balancer #55843 may still be required by some.

Alan T.
Nov 28, 2013, 07:55 PM
Thanks Alan,,

Are you saying that it balances with just the strap attached or is the balancer needed to do so?

Ed
Dec 01, 2013, 07:06 PM
Go fast, pull up.
I have the same question. I just got my Aurora 9x today so I was playing around with it. Picking up my 9x with my fingers around the eyebolt seems to indicate that the adapter is needed.

Also, I have 27 models, so that lack of a 9 to 9x transfer is a real let down. Hopefully a conversion program will be made which could allow some of the information to be transferred...like name, channels, subtrim, reverse, etc.
Dec 01, 2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Thanks Alan,
Are you saying that it balances with just the strap attached or is the balancer needed to do so? Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101
I have the same question.
I just got my Aurora 9x today so I was playing around with it.
Picking up my 9x with my fingers around the eyebolt seems to indicate that the adapter is needed.
Also, I have 27 models, so that lack of a 9 to 9x transfer is a real let down.
Hopefully a conversion program will be made which could allow some of the information to be transferred.
...like name, channels, subtrim, reverse, etc.
1. As in previous post #54, 9X does lie level when the balancer is used.

2. Transfer of model name Aurora 9 <> 9X: Extract from last entry post #1 this thread
"My suggestion for setting up new models since they do not copy over (the systems are too different)
is to set all the things you normally have the same like dual rates and switches and then copy
to the new model so you at least have a head start on some of it. - Mike"
see also explanation, post #1 this thread, under date 14 Mar 2013
"Aurora 9 Model Name/Set file Transfer <> Aurora 9X"

Alan T.
Dec 27, 2013, 10:04 AM
When using the 9X with Multicopters, in my case a "Quad" are there any differences that stand out between the 9 and 9X?
The reason I ask is that I find quite a bit of documentation and video on how to set up the quad-copter and the Naza V2 with GPS on the Aurora 9,, so I'm wondering if it is the same on the 9x or are there some things unique to the 9X?

Thanks
Ed
Dec 27, 2013, 11:25 AM
Go fast, pull up.
Quote:
When using the 9X with Multicopters, in my case a "Quad" are there any differences that stand out between the 9 and 9X?
The reason I ask is that I find quite a bit of documentation and video on how to set up the quad-copter and the Naza V2 with GPS on the Aurora 9,, so I'm wondering if it is the same on the 9x or are there some things unique to the 9X?

Thanks
Ed
Nothing that I can tell. I used my 9 for a few years and recently switched to the 9x. Only difference is faster response times (I'm not good enough to tell the difference). O, several switches went from 2 to 3 position, so you have more choices on which switches to use. :-)
Dec 27, 2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks
Ed