New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2013, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by red_z06
plank n shankbone pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post
Page 65 of the above linked manual states that the Aurora 9x is compatible with all other Hitec transmitter products using the 3.2mm stereo plug or the DINN connector plug.

You would need Hitec part #58321 for the trainer cord.
Using trainer cord goes without saying. So, how exactly does one connect a 9x to a 9 where all the pitch curves and trottle curves are programmed on 9x without reprogramming the 9?
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2013, 05:16 PM
Lou
Find More Posts by Lou
Lou
#define answer_universe 42
Not a clue. But, I have wondered the same thing. I would guess that which ever one is the master is the one that has the say on those features. The slave/trainer would simply be the sticks and buttons making do with what ever the master transmitter permits. << shrugg >>
Old Sep 24, 2013, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Nope, bad guess.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 07:53 PM
Lou
Find More Posts by Lou
Lou
I would guess then that you do not have the answer ... seeing how you did not post it.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by Minn.Man
I'm a builder, not a flighter.
After looking through the manual, it looks like you have to change the output manually every time you change receiver types. You would have thought that they would have added a field in each model memory to select which receiver it was using.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
quote:1. Trainer Set Up/Trim Function.

When setting up a trainer system, suggest instructor first fly and trim aircraft with the Master TX. Next verify the student radio is adjusted so the Mixes, Trims and Servo Reversing are the same as the Master with all control surfaces remaining in same position when the Trainer Switch on Master is pulled on. i.e. trimmed (flight) will remain constant.
Dual Rates, Expo and EPA are as active in Master Aurora TX but mixes such as Elevon, V.Tail etc are not and must also be set in the Student/Slave TX.
Trim settings and Dual rates can be changed whilst model is in flight, by Instructor using an Aurora, even whilst Master Switch "H" is toggled. However, if student changes trim on the slave TX during flight, then model will react back to the master's trim setting when master's switch "H" is toggled.

Old news
Old Sep 25, 2013, 05:48 PM
Lou
Find More Posts by Lou
Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
quote:1. Trainer Set Up/Trim Function.

When setting up a trainer system, suggest instructor first fly and trim aircraft with the Master TX. Next verify the student radio is adjusted so the Mixes, Trims and Servo Reversing are the same as the Master with all control surfaces remaining in same position when the Trainer Switch on Master is pulled on. i.e. trimmed (flight) will remain constant.
Dual Rates, Expo and EPA are as active in Master Aurora TX but mixes such as Elevon, V.Tail etc are not and must also be set in the Student/Slave TX.
Trim settings and Dual rates can be changed whilst model is in flight, by Instructor using an Aurora, even whilst Master Switch "H" is toggled. However, if student changes trim on the slave TX during flight, then model will react back to the master's trim setting when master's switch "H" is toggled.

Old news
If you are already old or perhaps already own the A9 or perhaps are an owner and have already used the trainer function. Other than that ......

But thank you for posting that as I am sure the new users to the A9 and those that are looking at the A9 or A9x for the first time will find the information helpful.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Old Oct 05, 2013, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Just got my A9X

Can you trasnfer A9 model setup to the A9X? Will this work via trainer port and/or from PC?

I think some of this was discussed in posts earlier regard transferring "model name" but wasn't sure if transferring "model name" and various aircraft model setups is the same or not??

Thank you!
Old Oct 05, 2013, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by bigbobed
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
Just got my A9X

Can you trasnfer A9 model setup to the A9X? Will this work via trainer port and/or from PC?

I think some of this was discussed in posts earlier regard transferring "model name" but wasn't sure if transferring "model name" and various aircraft model setups is the same or not??

Thank you!
Where'd you get it?
Old Oct 05, 2013, 03:06 PM
Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Whats the wrst that can happn?
from ProBuild-UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobed View Post
Where'd you get it?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by Gadget99
My 9X shipped from Tower and will be here Monday.

Gadget
Old Oct 15, 2013, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.

Aurora 9X - Free HPP-22 and Optima 7 RX

Free HPP-22 and Optima 7 RX plus additional bonus offers with the purchase of an Aurora 9X! = PDF
Extract from PDF:
Buy any Aurora 9X 2.4GHz radio system between October 1st, 2013 and December 31st 2013 and receive a free
HPP-22 PC Interface and an Optima 7 2.4GHz Receiver!
Offer good to purchases in US, Canada or Mexico ONLY
. Order form must be accompanied by a legible copy of your purchase receipt and the UPC code from the box.
Purchase receipt must show radio was ordered between 10/1/2013 & 12/31/2013.
Limit one offer per household. Bonus offers subject to limited availability

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old Oct 15, 2013, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by bigbobed
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Got my 9x. Need longer stick ends. Any ideas?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobed View Post
Got my 9x. Need longer stick ends. Any ideas?
Please refer to :

. Aurora 9 - Transmitter Tray & Bling 23 May 2011: latest update & .jpg Tray #58494, Red Extra Long 33mm Sticks #55864

extract:
"Aurora 9 - Bling For Transmitter
Includes Transmitter Sticks, Caps, Switch Covers & Bezel."

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links