This thread is privately moderated by austin480, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 05, 2013, 12:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

love to fly

Hi my name is austin. been flying for about 4 months now. love it.. started with the night vapor. then the ember 2, after that was the hobbyzone champ. then took the next step to learn ailerons with the micro t-28 trojan... after that i got the hobbyzone super cub and a dynam j3 cub. not to happy with the j3... poor flyer.. my next one was the PZ t-28. aww i loved that one.. still flies great! so my next after that was a p-47 (PZ). 109 bucks for the pnp...couldnt beat that.

then my addiction really began once i got the eflite inverza 280. found my preference of type of flying within 20 seconds of my maiden flight.. and my latest plane that ive had for almost a month is the PZ Visionaire... and I love it. I really push myself and make my own airshow. i strive to be one of the pilots that has everybody's attention.
im a member of the flying gators rc club in archer florida. love it. . big field with no trees. i also fly where i live... i take care of a ranch in Bronson fl...so i have about a 250 yard by 90 yard field about a 100 yards from my front door....
Model aviation is a healthy and wonderful hobby. I've had the bug bad and probably always will. im eager to learn as much as i can....hope to one day make a living in this type of work... another thing i love is that flying dosnt have competiion among other pilots...we compete against ourselves and people share their knowlege unlike cars and boat modeling.. thanks for reading...and please any info u can share with me will be greatly appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2013, 07:28 PM
Molon labe
A few more like Austin and our club, the Flying Gators, may survive.
Aug 11, 2013, 07:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Scholefield
A few more like Austin and our club, the Flying Gators, may survive.

I believe it will Red. Its just going to take some reaching out. Instead of young kids in schools we really should be aiming for the young middle aged group. like the 30 or 40 year olds working at these drone companies. kids just dont have any money to get involved.
the one thing our club has that all the others dont is knowledge. Unlimited knowledge. if we can figure out how to market that we have a better chance. also we need to be more welcoming to these FPV guys. as i understand there used to be some younger members in the club that were very involved and big FPV people. they were ran off for being told not to fly to far away...i shouldnt say ran off but they said heck with it we'll fly somewhere else. such a nice field and hopefully some new members will pour in. our biggest competion is this newberry rc park. they have power, real bathrooms, no ama or membership, completely free and the gymnasium is open to fly in when not used. with that said we need to step up our marketing and offer all your guys' knowledge to these people...anyways enough of my long chat...see you at the field Red

Quick Reply